Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The beautiful ones are hard to get over, progress report, plus other thoughts ...

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
About 4 months ago I made my first post here. Before that I read some posts and some of the DJ Bible, but after the post I put a lot of effort into reading, studying, and trying to use the stuff I learned to meet women.

What I found out is that the advice on this site works very well for those who were already getting dates, but were blowing it by acting a certain way. My problems are not because I ever acted like an AFC - they are because for the past 8+ years (ever since i graduated high school) I've been doing cold approaches only. This is due to my major and my work experience, which is with all guys and just a handful of women.

The past 4 months were my last semester of grad school. I approached 12 women on campus, and about 25 or so at bars. That 12 sounds low, but then again my school wasn't that large. There were only a handful of opportunities I missed - for the most part I went for many more opportunities than I missed. It was a lot of fun, and I felt very much like I was making progress. Some of the situations where I went up to girls were pretty ballsy, and I surprised myself by being able to get the nerve to try it. I also felt like I was building momentum. Total, I got 3 phone numbers, and 1 date.

The girl I had the date with was incredibly good looking, one of the best looking girls I've seen in this city. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but she wasn't interested in going out again. It's been a few weeks since I got brushed off by her, and I'm still kicking myself over certain things (missed opportunities, etc.). Of course I should just forget about her, but with the really hot girls it takes time to forget them. I don't think you can replace a 9 with a 6 ... doesn't work that way. But, I did break a 2 year dateless spell, so that's pretty cool.

Reading some of the responses to other posts, I finally realized that so much of the advice on this site is based on insecurity. All this "nexting" nonsense just cause a girl doesn't give you a blow job in the first 5 minutes of talking to her ... it's ridiculous.

If you're just going for any old "HB5" then sure, "nexting" makes sense. I don't know about where you guys live, but I've lived in a few different cities in my life, and it is RARE to see very hot women all that often. Maybe 1 every couple of months, if you don't go to clubs and bars (you see a lot more there of course).

Also, this focus on younger women is pretty disturbing. I'm 26 and I already can't stand most girls in their early 20s ... I can't even imagine what you people in your late 30s find in common with young girls.

The best thing about this site is that it inspires you to go out there and TRY ANYTHING. You can only ever really learn through trial and error - no amount of reading posts on this site will ever make you anything more than a Keyboard DJ. The best post has been the Chancer post. Reading how some of those other guys changed their life around, along with the book recommendations, really helped me out.

So anyways, my days of hitting on girls on campus are over. Now its on to starting a career, working out, and back to bars and clubs, as well as trying to expand my social network by taking adult classes (cooking, stuff like that). I have a feeling it will work out better than school anyways (where a lot of the younger girls looked at me like I was an old man!)

Peace

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a few weeks since I got brushed off by her, and I'm still kicking myself over certain things (missed opportunities, etc.). Of course I should just forget about her, but with the really hot girls it takes time to forget them. I don't think you can replace a 9 with a 6 ... doesn't work that way. But, I did break a 2 year dateless spell, so that's pretty cool.

Glad you broke your dateless phase.

Your right - no one can replace a 9 for a 6. That goes without saying.

Personally though - and you may find this - I've had relationship's with hot women. I mean hot.

So when I date a good looking women - I don't think twice about her if It doesn't work out pas a couple of dates. Because I've already had hot women - I'm never worried about the fact that I will not have another - I KNOW I will.

With experience it will come.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
She probably just wasn't very attracted to you. That happens. You aren't attracted to every girl you meet and it's silly to think that there won't be women who aren't attracted to you.

I went on a couple of dates with guys I met online over the last several years. Upon meeting them in person I just wasn't at all attracted to either one of them. There is nothing either of them could have done to change that. There was just no chemistry. You've gotta leave room for that and just move on.

Once you're in the work place full time it will be much easier to meet people. Even though people on here say not to date people from work...it's the best place to meet people.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, don't forget this.

The whole point of "nexting" a chick, is to prevent AFCness.

The fact of the matter is, many guys get stuck in bad relaitionship - they are treated badly and put up with it, because the chick is a hottie - or because she's got big t#ts - or whatever.

For me, much of this DJ theory - is good to weed out girls that are poor relationship material.

Nexting is just part and parcel of this process.

JustTheSt8tAlcohol

Reaction score
Originally posted by bobbob
About 4 months ago I made my first post here. Before that I read some posts and some of the DJ Bible, but after the post I put a lot of effort into reading, studying, and trying to use the stuff I learned to meet women.

What I found out is that the advice on this site works very well for those who were already getting dates, but were blowing it by acting a certain way. My problems are not because I ever acted like an AFC - they are because for the past 8+ years (ever since i graduated high school) I've been doing cold approaches only. This is due to my major and my work experience, which is with all guys and just a handful of women.

The past 4 months were my last semester of grad school. I approached 12 women on campus, and about 25 or so at bars. That 12 sounds low, but then again my school wasn't that large. There were only a handful of opportunities I missed - for the most part I went for many more opportunities than I missed. It was a lot of fun, and I felt very much like I was making progress. Some of the situations where I went up to girls were pretty ballsy, and I surprised myself by being able to get the nerve to try it. I also felt like I was building momentum. Total, I got 3 phone numbers, and 1 date.

The girl I had the date with was incredibly good looking, one of the best looking girls I've seen in this city. I'm not sure what I did wrong, but she wasn't interested in going out again. It's been a few weeks since I got brushed off by her, and I'm still kicking myself over certain things (missed opportunities, etc.). Of course I should just forget about her, but with the really hot girls it takes time to forget them. I don't think you can replace a 9 with a 6 ... doesn't work that way. But, I did break a 2 year dateless spell, so that's pretty cool.

Reading some of the responses to other posts, I finally realized that so much of the advice on this site is based on insecurity. All this "nexting" nonsense just cause a girl doesn't give you a blow job in the first 5 minutes of talking to her ... it's ridiculous.

If you're just going for any old "HB5" then sure, "nexting" makes sense. I don't know about where you guys live, but I've lived in a few different cities in my life, and it is RARE to see very hot women all that often. Maybe 1 every couple of months, if you don't go to clubs and bars (you see a lot more there of course).

Also, this focus on younger women is pretty disturbing. I'm 26 and I already can't stand most girls in their early 20s ... I can't even imagine what you people in your late 30s find in common with young girls.

The best thing about this site is that it inspires you to go out there and TRY ANYTHING. You can only ever really learn through trial and error - no amount of reading posts on this site will ever make you anything more than a Keyboard DJ. The best post has been the Chancer post. Reading how some of those other guys changed their life around, along with the book recommendations, really helped me out.

So anyways, my days of hitting on girls on campus are over. Now its on to starting a career, working out, and back to bars and clubs, as well as trying to expand my social network by taking adult classes (cooking, stuff like that). I have a feeling it will work out better than school anyways (where a lot of the younger girls looked at me like I was an old man!)

Peace

I think this is the best post I've read yet.
The sensitivity and honesty is nothing short of courageous. I think as you continue to grow and learn, what you're going to find is that true self confidence sets you free. You can be yourself and go into relationships and social situations just being yourself because you know that you care enough about yourself not to accept second rate treatment.
Futhermore...most people should reach that point in life where they are more concerned with showing the world the clearest picture of who they are...so that they don't waste time with people they have nothing in common with...or that perhaps are not compatible. The sooner in life that we get to this point...the easier life becomes and the easier male/female relationships become. When someone truly cares for you you shouldn't have to chase them after they've seen who you are and how you feel about them. It's far more beautiful to find a chick that's into you without you having to do a lot of extra things beyond the norm.
Don't feel too rejected. Look at the situation as a good thing. For whatever reason, she chose not to continue dating you. Some women don't even have that much integrity...believe this. Some would continue to date someone they weren't interested in just to get a free meal...or whatever. When people are forthright it saves SO MUCH TIME. That's the beauty of honesty...of course honesty tempored with kindness. You are a beautiful 26! A lot of the older men that have already given up on allowing their sensitvity and honesty to shine through could learn a lot from the yonger guys...at least that's been my experience.
The best DJ Game is to make who you are as solid as a full metal jacket, unbreakable...there's really no manual for that my friend.

Stay You!

Flea

Don Juan
Reaction score
Help a newbie out - AFC? I know it's bad - and in general understand the context, but what's it short for? Is there a place on this site with all the abbreviations you use here? Just trying to get acclimated to the place - have read a lot here and am learning. Can't wait to put it into practice.

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Once you're in the work place full time it will be much easier to meet people. Even though people on here say not to date people from work...it's the best place to meet people.
I disagree, Wyld. Work is a great place for women to meet men, but not necessarily the other way around.

But anyway bobobb, your'e right.

Go out and try anything. Keep what works, throw away what doesn't.... and yes, co-workers are off-limits (except for when she's hitting on you)

I shall now return to my previously scheduled "DJ" retirement.;)