Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 10 Laws of Finding Your Mission | by LaidNYC

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are often threads started about life goals, missions, purposes, and other existential questions. I've often tried to answer the best I can, but I'm usually just summarizing the advice of one of the best writers to hit the manosphere.

LaidNYC had a blog for maybe five minutes. He wrote some legendary stuff. Then when I guess he'd said everything that he needed to, he took it all down. Which I guess is better than getting doxxed or canceled.

Nevertheless, I copied and saved this article years ago. I had to go searching for it. I think it's a really great guide for any man who's trying to find his path in life. It's probably HoF worthy, but I'll let the mods decide that.

*EDIT, for some reason he wrote two Laws #3. So I guess the list "goes to eleven."

Anyway, without further ado...

The 10 Laws of Finding Your Mission

LAIDNYC 2013

You’ve heard it before: Money can’t buy happiness.
Well, that’s bull****. Anyone who says money can’t buy happiness never made enough.

However, as important as it is for a man to get paid, it is really just the beginning. For a man to make the accumulation of money (or sex) his ultimate goal and ultimate marker of success in life is setting the bar too low*.

So, what then?

To be ultimately fulfilled in life, a man must pursue a mission.

This mission must be something he believes in and can pursue with a purpose.

The problem is that finding “meaning” in life doesn’t just fall from the sky. A lot of people have been given false expectations and entitlement from society, or fried their passionate brain into submission with video games and facebook. Young men today have no fear of going hungry and are never forced to direct their energies towards purposeful progress.

As a result, many young people today don’t have a clue what to do. They have no passion so they direct their energies towards ****ing girls or other briefly satisfying but unfulfilling pursuits.

Well its time to get back to the way men are supposed to be.

In the following pages I will define how any man can find a mission to pursue.

How did Slash decide to become a guitar player, Napolean to become a general, House to become a doctor, Michelangelo to become an artist, Tesla to become a scientist?

Read on. I am offering 10 Laws that any man can use to find his mission in life and pursue it to its fullest extent.

You will find both common sense and profound meaning in these 10 Laws.
You should respect them and refer to them each time you are having trouble.
If you read each of these 10 Laws and apply them, you will have a moment of clarity. You will find a mission to pursue.

*P.S. The dirty secret is that a true mission pursued properly will give a man more money and ***** than he can handle. This is why it should be a priority over learning game or single- mindedly pursuing cash at all costs.

Law #1: Don’t Starve

Look, first of all you need to realize that you are in a unique position.

Your ancestors and the vast majority of people throughout history and in the world today likely never got to pursue a higher purpose in life. Their mission was and is scripted to them: Work hard or starve.

The vast majority of people even in the world today don’t have the time or intelligence to ponder finding some higher fulfillment through a purpose in life. They must spend lots of valuable energy to earn their food and avoid death and disease.

If you are reading this, you likely have a more cushy life than 90% of the people in the world. Basically, you’re a lucky ****er.

However, you obviously aren’t riding around in limos getting caviar fed to you by Hawaiian Tropic models.

You too must make earning your daily bread a priority.

If you have a family to support, this takes precedence over finding your spiritual fulfillment through a purposeful mission. For many in the world, family is their mission. For the single man free of responsibility, there is much more wiggle room.

As I said in the intro, one of the best ways to make lots of money is by finding your true mission and pursuing it with vigor, so even a family man should find his mission.

Respect this rule to keep you grounded, but understand that you can likely find something that both feeds you and fulfills you, so don’t let a little thing like the electric bill give you an excuse not to find your mission.

Law #2: Your Mission is Not Necessarily How You Make Your Money

It’s true, one of the best ways to make gobs of money is to find a profitable mission and absolutely crush it.

However, the reality of the world is that which you find a deep drive to do is not necessarily something that people will pay you for.

That’s cool, the world needs ditch diggers, too.

Just know that it is your responsibility to make sure your job doesn’t suck your soul away from you.

If you find a mission that does not pay you money immediately, you must choose a job that allows you time to pursue it. Ideally, you need to choose a job that is similar in nature to your mission and uses the same aptitudes.

If your mission is to be a novelist, keep your pen moving by being a copywriter in your daily life. If your mission is to be a musician or artist, give lessons.
If your mission is to be a vampire, become a phlebotomist.
Or whatever. Just stay in your wheelhouse.

Then there are non-financial missions altogether.

Most male protagonists in movies are on a mission.

Liam Neeson’s mission in Taken was to save his teenage daughter.

Will Smith’s mission in every movie is to save the world from something weird.

Your life is not a movie, but you too may be compelled to take on a mission that has no chance of paying you money.

Sometimes it will even cost you money. You should have some cash saved up in order to pursue a mission when the inspiration strikes you. I’m not saying someone is going to kidnap your daughter, but they might (if she’s hot), so be ready. Or just be ready to pursue a mission all the way from the shores of Argentina to the *****houses of Thailand if you have to.

Law # 3: Stick To It

You need to understand that you have been fed lies your whole life.
One of them is "find something you love and you'll never work a day in your life."

As a result, we view boredom with our work as a negative. We start to work on something that excites us and after the initial burst of energy wears off, we reach a plateau. Plateaus are boring.

When you reach resistance, you think ‘this must not be my true passion’. Bull****.
Your mission will not be all sunshine and puppies.
You are going to have to work at it.

The ability to withstand boredom, frustration and hardship in order to get better at something is the watermark of a man living his mission.

Embrace the hardship that you must fight through as a barrier that will keep others from achieving the mastery you will achieve.

Mastery brings true enjoyment, and mastery can only be enjoyed by fighting through boredom and plateaus.

Fight through boredom. Persevere.

LAW #3: A Man Can Be Well-Suited For Many Different Missions

People get caught up in thinking about finding their one true passion like betas think about a girl being their one true soulmate. They think there is one thing they were meant to do. Only that thing will make them happy, and they haven't found it yet.

Bull****.

Truth is, you are probably well equipped for many missions and you would be happy doing any of them. The problem is picking one and really going for it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was a bodybuilder, then an actor, then a politician. The successes lead into each other, but they are not similar in a day to day regard at all.

Sure, Arnold is a genetic god, but the arenas he dominated are not that similar. He had great potentials in each area, but his greatest quality was the ability to channel raw ambition. You may not be an Arnold but you DO have a unique set of potentials to hone and amplify, and you have as much ambition as you decide.

So what do you do?
Keep try different things and go hard at them. This is important and leads in to the next law.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LAW #4: Failing at a Mission is Okay

When I was growing up, all I wanted to be was an NBA basketball player. Despite the fact that I'm white, average height, and have small hands, I played basketball five hours a day every summer, thought about basketball constantly, and looked up to basketball players.

I really gave it my all.

My junior year in high school I was forced to accept that my ceiling for basketball was "decent varsity player in a conference full of other predominantly white high schools". I was forced to accept that I was a 6 points a game average scorer. I did not get recruited. I didn't even walk on at my Division 3 college because I watched the basketball team running a pickup game and saw that they were all much better than me.

In hindsight, it was a stupid dream to begin with. But I learned a lot about myself in the process, and it beat sitting on the couch by a hundredfold.

See, another dumb **** lie we are told is "If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything." Bull****.

There are limiting beliefs, and then there are actual real limitations. You can't accomplish anything you want.

However, you should try anyway.
Trying and failing a mission will often give you a great moment of clarity about yourself.

Even in failure you'll notice you have certain aptitudes that may not be helping too much with this mission, but might be better suited for another mission.

So you go and try that.

Law #5: You Probably Already Know Your Mission

People don't go decades in life without realizing their aptitudes. Most people dabble in things that suit their aptitude, then give up due to the boredom I already described.

Go back to things that have excited you in the past, and push through the boredom this time.

Did you ever start a project with great energy only to sputter and quit when you hit resistance? What skill did you show aptitude for but fail to hone?

If you haven't read The Alchemist by Paul Coehlo, I'll go ahead and ruin it for you. It is a metaphor for finding one's true purpose in life. A boy lying under a tree dreams that it is his destiny to find a treasure of gold. He travels and searches all throughout the world, and in the end he finds the treasure is right under the tree where he started.

Go back to your tree.

Think back to where you did especially well in school, what things important people have complimented you on, what qualities people expressed jealousy of.

I’ll be honest: most people suck at most things. Maybe you do, too.

The good new is: You don’t have to be a god damn renaissance man. You have at least a couple things you are naturally good at.

Find your strengths and play to them.

LAW #6: Your Mission Doesn’t Have To Be Sexy

I think many guys realize they will not be a pro athlete, rock star or leading man in Hollywood, and they get mildly depressed and assume they are destined for a life of wage slave mediocrity.

Remember, you're not living your mission for the approval of others.

Your true destiny will almost certainly not be factory worker, or accountant, or code monkey, but you find your aptitude where you find it and don't accept society's judgment of your mission, whatever it is.

With status in any field comes respect and pride. You can make anything cool.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LAW #7: You Must Be Proud of Your Mission
You should be familiar with Roissy’s “Jumbotron Test”, which states that you shouldn’t send a girl a text message that you wouldn’t want to be displayed on a billboard in front of thousands to see.

Roissy is of course, correct. But it goes even further.

Everything about your life should pass the Jumbotron Test, even what you choose for a mission.

Scratch that, ESPECIALLY what you choose for a mission.

The hallmark of a mission is that it is something you would want displayed on a billboard for thousands of people to see.

If a popular website or news network displayed a picture or video of you performing your mission, with your full name and current address, would you be proud?

Would you want this mission linked with your name for all eternity and etched onto your tombstone when you die?

If it is not something you are excited to talk to people about or sign your name to, it is not a fulfilling mission.

If you feel a strong pull to do something under the cover of anonymity, it really isn’t your mission. What are you proud of?

Law #8: Your Mission is a Higher Priority Than Sex

Many guys who begin learning game and how to interact with women become obsessed with it. It is addicting, especially for a guy who previously had no success with women and suddenly sees an entire new world of sex opened up to him.

This is okay for the short-term. Some guys who are particularly asperberger-ish or who had fathers who gave them no guidance at all may need to make success with women their mission in the short-term to really get that crash course necessary to get laid. This can mean gunning through a large number of approaches or setting a goal to **** a certain number of women. This may be necessary, but the achievement of those goals won’t hold any deep answers.

This is because for most guys, pursuing women instead of a successful mission will be counterproductive.

This is because putting the pursuit of women over your development as a man is another form of putting the ***** on a pedestal.

In the long-run, pursuing a mission and becoming really successful at it will make you far more successful with women, and happier in general, than becoming really good at short-term seduction that relies more on tactics and “flash game”.

This law is the reason why many find monogamy efficient. When you are not spending hours pursuing women, you are free to achieve mastery and success in a satisfying field, allowing you to attract and keep higher quality women.

I give this quote from Slash, in my opinion the greatest guitar player of all time. I believe it speaks for itself:

“My big awakening happened when I was 14. I’d been trying to get into this older girl’s pants for a while, and she finally let me come over to her house. We hung out, smoked some pot and listened to Aerosmith’s Rocks. It hit me like a ****ing ton of bricks. I sat there listenting to it over and over, and totally blew off this girl. I remember riding my bike back to my grandma’s house knowing that my life had changed. Now I identified with something.”

What would you rather do than have sex?

Sit in a room, alone.

Shut off all your electronic devices.

Close the curtains.

Think.

Just really let yourself think.

What do you think about?

LAW #9: Think

Eventually your brain will land on your mission.

Your brain knows your mission and it wants to scream it to you.

The problem is you haven't been listening to yourself, you've been distracting yourself.

A person playing Candy Crush or refreshing Facebook or watching Dexter is not finding out anything about himself.

Don’t waste thoughts. Force yourself to think about your life, your prospects. Assess yourself in as brutal a way as possible. Complete honesty.
You can’t hide when you are alone with your thoughts.

Law #10: Your Mission Reflects Your Principles

Men have principles.

If you don’t, you are not a man.

I can’t tell you what yours are, but they are embedded deep within you.

Family, loyalty, greed, virtue, hedonism, justice, etc. These are just examples of principles you may have. One man’s principles may be the antithesis of another man’s.

While some principles are better for society and are more honorable, I will be amoral here and say whatever principles you have are yours and yours alone and you should be true to them.

If you try to pursue a mission that goes against your principles your body will physically reject it. You won’t be able to do it with passion. It will not be fulfilling. Map out your principles and go from there.

The closer you get to recognizing a principle you would die for, the closer you are to finding your true mission.

Start thinking about times in your life where you’ve face adversity and done something principled, because it was what you truly believed deep in your core was the proper thing for you do to make your way in the world. I’m not saying it will be noble or perfect, but we’ve all had moments in life that have revealed character.

What are your principles?

I realized my mission in a moment of great clarity while sitting on my couch half-listening to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd so if all else fails, try that I guess.

LAIDNYC 2013

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In light of the current situation and extra time we all have on our hands, I am bumping this thread. It's a good time to think and get organized.