Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Texas Hold Em

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Hey guys, Bizzle here. *crowd roar* *Blushes* I'm always thinking of different ways to think of things. I've been working on this analogy for awhile now. They also help you remember certain things than just having someone tell you straight up what to do. Do I sound confusing? yeah I thought so to. This is more or less for a newbie but maybe some of you vetern guys will get something out of it also.

Now for the analogy.....TEXAS HOLD" EM. If your not familier with Texas Hold Em it is a poker card game. I know some of you may not know the game so I will try to explain how it works in as little words as possible.

"T.H.E.M" is just like poker except your delt 2 face down cards. But before your delt any cards You have to make a "small blind" which is equal to half the minimum bet and a "big blind" which equals the minimum bet. The first person to the left of the dealer sets the small blind, and the person beside the first person to the left puts in the big blind. The reason their called "blinds" is because the 2 players have to bet before they even see their cards....hopefully you can now see where im goin with this... :)

The first two cards are delt to the player face down, also known as "hole cards." Thus the first round of betting occurs. You can "call" which means you match the bet, raise, go all in, or fold. If one player raises the others have to call him for them to be able to stay in the game.

After the first round of betting has taken place the "first three community cards" are placed on the table for everyone to see, also known as the "flop". Now the second round of betting begins and with this and the rest of the betting rounds the betting always starts with the first player left of the dealer. Only now you have the option to "check." Checking means you have some interest in the pot, but you don't really want to make a bet at that time.

After the 2nd round of betting a fourth card is placed on the table also known as the "turn" card. After fourth round of betting the fifth and final round occuars which the fifth and last card is placed on the table which is known as the "river" card. This is the last chance for players to fold, call, raise depending on how good their hands are.

Now that I got the description of the game over with....Let's play.. :)

I remember when I first started out on this site. I had no self esteem, I was shy, I believed I was the biggest AFC on the planet. Just like many of you thought as well. I basically had a 2 of hearts and a 3 of clubs in my hand. I knew I wanted to change though. I wanted to be the chip leader at the "dating table." I seen all these guys around the table that had all these chips, "Matrix" "BBB" "Smooth" the list goes on, and on.

I decided I wasn't going to do anything but eat and breathe this site. So what did I do? I went "all in." I didn't even know what I was gettin myself into. (I hadn't even seen the flop) Guess what though....there was a 2 that pop'd up on the flop.
I had a pair of dueces, I thought for sure I was going to win. (I had read all the material or most of the material in the DJ Bible) Then something happened I wasn't expecting. The fourth card pop'd up and it was a King. A problem had arised. I started to get "worried" because a King had already pop'd up in the flop. (I had delt with this problem before in my life) Even though I had 2 pairs (Kings and dueces) (Some knowledge of this site) I was still un- easy. What do ya know, river card pops up and its an ace. I hear someone yell "YES!" They turned over their cards and they had 2 aces in their hand. They had beat me. (Listening to someone else tell me about how they got lucky with a girl) It crushed me that I wasn't seeing any BIG changes with women. I questioned myself and this site.

I decided to try again. ( I took a trip back to the account table ) This time I wasn't going to rush in and find the quick easy routes. I was going to play smart and learn how this whole game works. (A good poker player doesn't call every hand.) I'm not just talking about women, Im talking about life. Remember the old saying...."Life is just a game." If not...just nod your head here anyways. :) Fake it to you believe it right? (POOK) hehehe.

Most newbies want to know how to get girls so I guess I can use this as an analogy on women as well. I look at getting women as playin "T.H.E.M" You and the girl both have hole cards. You may have a 2,3 off suit and she may have a pair of aces. ( She may be better at the game ) Note: Not everyone is always on top of their game. You don't always have the best hand.
This goes back to Pook's quote " Faking it till you believe it." In playing poker if you have a decent hand you have to believe you have the best hand or fold.

So you met a girl, your trying to read her body langauge to see exactly what her intrest level is. Poker players are imfamous for being able to read people, thats why a lot of them wear dark sun glasses. They also talk to the other players to see what the players will tell them. This is when you have to feel the girl out. Do you want to call ( find out more about her ) maybe you want to raise ( use some kino ) maybe you want to fold. You may ask why would you fold when the object is to win. Well I believe that some women can just waste your time and theres no reason to invest anymore time in them. Therefore you come out as the winner. You take your chips and go find another girl :)

You should always be displaying confidence, always assume you have the best hand untill proven other wise. You ask how will I know when I have a good hand? Well you may be having a great day ( got 2 aces for hole cards) or you might be having a crappy day. ( 2, 3 off suit ) No poker player knows his chances of winning till the flop comes up.
Gentlemen, the flop is our surroundings. You may be out town and you see a great looking girl you would like to meet but your having a crappy day, don't let that stop you. Because you never know what may come up on the flop. You may get lucky and 2 3's might just pop up. Always stay in if it isn't costing you anything else to put in the pot. ( like buying her a drink to talk to you ) You can buy the pot sometimes but it will cost in the end if the pot wasn't that big anyways. And you can only buy the pot so many times before people start calling your bluff.

The best way to win the pot ( thats assuming you have the winning hand) bet a little each round. Don't let em' know you have the best hand. Then when you know its time. Go all in, but when you go all in. You better d*mn know that your going to win. Cuz the other players are going to be lookin in your eyes, searchin your face for facial expressions to tell if your the real deal, or if your just another phony.

So to sum things up....

-Don't go "all in" right away.
- Never fold unless its costing you something in return
- Anythings possible, skys the limit
- Always be confident

Guys, poker and dating are both games. It just happens that one has a lot more trash talking than the other....Yeah maybe one day we'll see trash talkin in poker. *wink*

And before I go let me mention that theres a lot of different tables. So don't just set your eye on one perticular table I dont care how much money is in the pot :)

Disclaimer: Mr. Bizzle is not responsible for any actions or repicutions made by the viewers of this post. In other words if you think you can go out and gamble professionally because you read this post and you loose all your money and get locked up in a jail cell with a guy named bubba as your roomie then it is your own d*mn falut. Secondly I did not write this post to try and turn people into poker players. It's just an analogy and nothing more. There may be typo's in this post and if you want to spend the time replying to my post that I mispelled a few words then you may, knock ya self out.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice one. Good way to make analogies.

Izo

Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I never thought of it that way. And the crazy thing is, I suck at hold'em, and I'm only average when it comes to dealing with people (not just girls) in general. I think you're on to something.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought poker for dummies, because I got sick of my friends taking my money most of the time.

I mean, sure...I'm probably less than 5 dollars down, overall, but nevertheless it is frustrating.

Unfortunately I can't win if I don't get the cards :-/

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I call 3 chips on this one. No folding. :cool:

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post dude, way to bring it to a different median.

Its cool to see that i can use my DJ skills even more in my poker playing ;) And visa versa.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They aren't called "hole cards" but rather "the burn." (Sorry I play that game way too much).

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good post, this one, I'll remember.

jmm854

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I registered here exactly two years and a week ago today, and your post pretty much represents the only thing I've really actually learned in that time frame. If you're comparing poker to women, you've gotta believe in your hand. Couldn't be more true. Never know what the best hand is until you see that flop.

By the way. We all know a 2 3 off suit in poker isn't the worst hand at all. Gives ya a good shot at a straight. I think 2 7 off is the worst hand you can be dealt. Of course even with that you can still flop a full house, so you do never know.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
They aren't called "hole cards" but rather "the burn." (Sorry I play that game way too much).

Hmm I thought the burn was when you burnt the top card before you turned over the flop, 4th street, and the river.

I could be wrong......