System of a Down's new single - best System I've ever heard

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://members.aol.com/ramo41886/byobradio.zip

BYOB (Bring Your Own Bombs) radio rip. This is what it means to have balls. The least radio friendly single I've ever heard on the local rock station, and easily my favorite SOAD. This is also more metal than any of those douchebag "melodic death metal" emometal bands out there today. Even without a true solo, the guitarwork is nuts, and the drumwork is even better.

I thought I had SOAD figured out, and then this comes out and brings an entirely new brand of metal with it. Enjoy.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont really listen to rock anymore, but i'm always up for some System. Toxicity has to be one of best albums ever made.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Left behind? Slipknot fans got done complaining about that one three singles and one album ago. It's still my least favorite single they've ever done (I prefer Wait and Bleed, and all of their new singles)

Anyways, SOAD is weird, and so is their music. I thought that was obvious. I told you it wasn't radio friendly, but it kicks ass nonetheless.

SOCOM

Reaction score
SOAD has gone down, way down.

They used to be my favorite band.
Their first CD was the best.
Toxicity was really good.

They were always political, but Steal This Album really pushed things too far. Before that, I could accept their political views, but they then became anti-US.

Their two new tracks, Cigaro and BYOB are complete garbage. I'm not buying either one of their new albums.

And to think, they used to be my favorite band.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I after "Sugar" came out i expected system to be one of the best bands of the 00's....i honestly believe they are talented and great musicians but songs like toxicity and aliens and didn't too much care for...i think they have a really original sound and i'd love to hear an album from them i like so i'll go out and check out the new album

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys as a guitarist I have been wondering....

Why don't bands ever have guitar solos anymore? Did the record companies tell them to cut them out, or do the guitar players just suck nowadays?

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky

Why don't bands ever have guitar solos anymore? Did the record companies tell them to cut them out, or do the guitar players just suck nowadays?
Well, it depends on what kind of band you listen to! Don't expect soloing in bands like Korn or similar ones.

Check this if you wanna hear some great solos:

Angra - Spread your fire, Dream Theater - Beyond this life (live at Budokan) or Symphony X - Evolution.

Bad guitar players? Just listen to Jonh Petrucci or Michael Romeo!

There are GREAT solos there. :eek:

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
Well, it depends on what kind of band you listen to! Don't expect soloing in bands like Korn or similar ones.
Btw, W T F happened to koRn???!?!

Like, listen to freak on a leash, Adidas, falling away from me... whatever. I honestly haven't heard their last record.. but, I heard the new single of their greatest hits.. and man.. it was like a filler song, or a 5th single, NOT a hardcore single to promote your greatest hits...

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SamePendo
Btw, W T F happened to koRn???!?!

Like, listen to freak on a leash, Adidas, falling away from me... whatever. I honestly haven't heard their last record.. but, I heard the new single of their greatest hits.. and man.. it was like a filler song, or a 5th single, NOT a hardcore single to promote your greatest hits...
I like their heavy sound but their release has not impressed me. The only good songs are: "Word up" *perfect* and the heavy "Here to stay".

And to complete, their guitarrist has left the band to go follow Jesus Christ...

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ricky

Go out and buy "Shut Up and Play Yer Guitar" by Frank Zappa.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dream Theater and Satriani, Vai, Eric Johnson and Kenny Wayne Shepard still play solos of course.

But most bands now don't.