Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sweet foods with low carbs...?

Starwind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I hardly come to this part of the site, there's a lot of good stuff here!

Does anyone know of any sweet foods that are low in carbohydrates? I tend to crave sweets more than anything else and I need a solution that'll satisfy without affecting my carb intake much...

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In general fruits and vegetables are low in carbs, its the soda, candy, etc sweets you want to avoid that are high in carb content.

Personally I dont trust the chemicals in artificial sweetners and use cinnimon as a low carb alternative sweetener. Once I tried it in my tea I just cant drink it without.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try almonds. Full of protein, essential (i.e. healthy) fat and vitamin E. Seem to work well in reducing any craving I may have for sweets. I grab a handful several times per day.

CONAN

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruit IS Carbohydrate, it is a simple carbohydrate, so is sugar!
Most Artificial sweeteners contain Aspartame which allegedly is a poisonous substance, My advice is to avoid any form of artificial sweetener, in fact you should avoid any sugar at all, The human body doesnt need it, if it had never been invented you wouldnt miss it,
just my two penneth !!
C

atomsk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CONAN
Fruit IS Carbohydrate, it is a simple carbohydrate, so is sugar!
Most Artificial sweeteners contain Aspartame which allegedly is a poisonous substance, My advice is to avoid any form of artificial sweetener, in fact you should avoid any sugar at all, The human body doesnt need it, if it had never been invented you wouldnt miss it,
just my two penneth !!
C
The human body does need sugar, and it wasnt invented, it grows in plants, idiot.

CONAN

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,
I am not going to get into a protracted discussion about the finer points of human nutritional requirements, suffice to say I know I am right.
One of us is an idiot, and it might not be me!
The human body does not need to take in sugar at all!
it manufactures its own sugars from digesting carbohydrates in various forms, including fructose from fruit and veg,and lactose from milk, these are coverted into glucose which is readily absorbed into the bloodstream.
Sir, if you or anybody else is taking in extra sugars in the form of soft drinks, refined cane (table) sugars doughnuts etc, you are overloading your body with poison,
I dont care do what you want I have no vested interest,
Regards,
C

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, fruit contains simple sugars, but I would think that not getting scurvy slightly outweighs the risk of a blood sugar spike (unless diabetic).

There are different levels of sugar content, as stated in my original reply. Fruits have low carb content for their volume, therefore are more desireable.

Its the refined sugars that you have to limit because of their high carb content.

Basically I live by a rule... if Nature made it (fruit, veggies, meat) then Ill eat it, and stuff made by Man (white flour, table sugar) I keep to a minimum because let's face it, we are just not as good as Nature.

How food works

Last edited:

atomsk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CONAN
Well,
I am not going to get into a protracted discussion about the finer points of human nutritional requirements, suffice to say I know I am right.
One of us is an idiot, and it might not be me!
The human body does not need to take in sugar at all!
it manufactures its own sugars from digesting carbohydrates in various forms, including fructose from fruit and veg,and lactose from milk, these are coverted into glucose which is readily absorbed into the bloodstream.
Sir, if you or anybody else is taking in extra sugars in the form of soft drinks, refined cane (table) sugars doughnuts etc, you are overloading your body with poison,
I dont care do what you want I have no vested interest,
Regards,
C
I never said I ate those things, and if the body is making its own sugars then it needs sugar. Why would it make sugar if it didnt need it? and I was calling you an idiot because you said somebody invented sugar, which you didnt deny was totally retarded.