Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Summer Games: Week 1

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, just my little thing on stretching here. i work out with my dad whenever he goes (which, unfortunately, hasn't been for some time...), but he's a really big guy, and couldn't have gotten there without doing lots of background research. i've found that stretching is indeed good if you're just running, but as far as weight lifting, my dad's tought me to just do good warm-up sets on whichever muscles you're about to start working. make sure you do a weight that's really light for you, do it about 7 reps on one set, then start increasing the weight across a few sets. if you haven't already been working frequently or if you've just taken a long break, make sure that at first you only do a few sets of things, then as you've spent maybe a couple weeks (which would have given you a couple days on each muscle group), you can up your sets.

that's about all of the work-out knowledge i can scrounge up right now 'cause i just got off work, so there ya go.

the real challenge for me this week is definitely the diet. i work at a snack shack, so all day i'm eating french fries and chicken strips. worst of all, i'm drinking lots of soda there... i'm definitely going to work on that before the constant flow of grease, salt, sugar, and carbonation into my body kills me. luckily for me, my exceptionally high metabolism keeps me from getting fat right now. i just hope that my metabolism doesn't back off before the day that i finally perfect my eating habits...

also, cloud, sorry for not helping you out prior to this, even after i pmed you saying i'd give you a hand, but i just barely started my job, so i've been worn out lately. i'll see if i can gather up any of my knowledge on future weeks though...

nestea16

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I don't post here very often but i do check the boards every day. I saw this thread and have started week one. I got a gym membership this week for the summer (until i go to university) and have gone and done weights 3 out of the 4 days I've had the membership. I also have whey protein at home before I started working out (mom works out lots) so I didn't even have to spend my own money on it!

However, I will buy creatine I think because I am skinny and have always disliked the way my body was. Just to give you an idea, Im 6"0 135 lbs and can't gain weight easily at all. I try to get as much as I can but it doesn't seem to be enough.

Will working out with taking creatine/whey + working out help me gain pounds and muscle with a fast metabolism? I have been the same weight for a while and it almost seems like I'm starting to lose hope. I will go strong for the summer though and see how much I have improved.

*TIP*
Maybe some of you have seen these on TV but i highly suggest buying a product called The Magic Bullet. It's like a top of the line blender that is perfect for fruit shakes or whatever else in that matter. Good for healthy eating/nutrition because you can chop up 4 pieces of fruit and add creatine if you like.

-OzzY

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good advice, here's my two cents.

1) Potatoes rock. As of last week I had gained fourteen pounds in a month as a result of eating 6-8 potatoes a week. Unfortunately, I think I just lost a lot of it because I haven't been eating (sickness).

2) Free weights might not work for some people. I, and some other members on the health and fitness board have trouble with barbells. We feel a dull pain in our forearm after using them, and as a result we have to slow down our routine.

I think that machines give a better workout anyway. Gym memberships aren't that expensive, and they're well worth it if you go 3-4 times a week.

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Porky
Good advice, here's my two cents.

1) Potatoes rock. As of last week I had gained fourteen pounds in a month as a result of eating 6-8 potatoes a week. Unfortunately, I think I just lost a lot of it because I haven't been eating (sickness).
As in muscle weight ... right Porkster?

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow
As in muscle weight ... right Porkster?
Some I'm sure, but definitely not entirely.

It doesn't matter to me, I'm still thing but I'm not the skinny bastard I was.