"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Summer Games: Week 1

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
hey, just my little thing on stretching here. i work out with my dad whenever he goes (which, unfortunately, hasn't been for some time...), but he's a really big guy, and couldn't have gotten there without doing lots of background research. i've found that stretching is indeed good if you're just running, but as far as weight lifting, my dad's tought me to just do good warm-up sets on whichever muscles you're about to start working. make sure you do a weight that's really light for you, do it about 7 reps on one set, then start increasing the weight across a few sets. if you haven't already been working frequently or if you've just taken a long break, make sure that at first you only do a few sets of things, then as you've spent maybe a couple weeks (which would have given you a couple days on each muscle group), you can up your sets.

that's about all of the work-out knowledge i can scrounge up right now 'cause i just got off work, so there ya go.

the real challenge for me this week is definitely the diet. i work at a snack shack, so all day i'm eating french fries and chicken strips. worst of all, i'm drinking lots of soda there... i'm definitely going to work on that before the constant flow of grease, salt, sugar, and carbonation into my body kills me. luckily for me, my exceptionally high metabolism keeps me from getting fat right now. i just hope that my metabolism doesn't back off before the day that i finally perfect my eating habits...

also, cloud, sorry for not helping you out prior to this, even after i pmed you saying i'd give you a hand, but i just barely started my job, so i've been worn out lately. i'll see if i can gather up any of my knowledge on future weeks though...
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

nestea16

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Hey Guys!

I don't post here very often but i do check the boards every day. I saw this thread and have started week one. I got a gym membership this week for the summer (until i go to university) and have gone and done weights 3 out of the 4 days I've had the membership. I also have whey protein at home before I started working out (mom works out lots) so I didn't even have to spend my own money on it!

However, I will buy creatine I think because I am skinny and have always disliked the way my body was. Just to give you an idea, Im 6"0 135 lbs and can't gain weight easily at all. I try to get as much as I can but it doesn't seem to be enough.

Will working out with taking creatine/whey + working out help me gain pounds and muscle with a fast metabolism? I have been the same weight for a while and it almost seems like I'm starting to lose hope. I will go strong for the summer though and see how much I have improved.

*TIP*
Maybe some of you have seen these on TV but i highly suggest buying a product called The Magic Bullet. It's like a top of the line blender that is perfect for fruit shakes or whatever else in that matter. Good for healthy eating/nutrition because you can chop up 4 pieces of fruit and add creatine if you like.


-OzzY
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Good advice, here's my two cents.

1) Potatoes rock. As of last week I had gained fourteen pounds in a month as a result of eating 6-8 potatoes a week. Unfortunately, I think I just lost a lot of it because I haven't been eating (sickness).

2) Free weights might not work for some people. I, and some other members on the health and fitness board have trouble with barbells. We feel a dull pain in our forearm after using them, and as a result we have to slow down our routine.

I think that machines give a better workout anyway. Gym memberships aren't that expensive, and they're well worth it if you go 3-4 times a week.
 

Capt.Jack Sparrow

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 3, 2003
Messages
853
Reaction score
8
Age
37
Location
Fontana, California
Originally posted by Porky
Good advice, here's my two cents.

1) Potatoes rock. As of last week I had gained fourteen pounds in a month as a result of eating 6-8 potatoes a week. Unfortunately, I think I just lost a lot of it because I haven't been eating (sickness).
As in muscle weight ... right Porkster?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow
As in muscle weight ... right Porkster?
Some I'm sure, but definitely not entirely.

It doesn't matter to me, I'm still thing but I'm not the skinny bastard I was.
 
Top