Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stranger Things Season 4

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this? So far I've watched the first four episodes on my bed when I woke up too early, and haven't watched it at all during the day or evening. The fourth episode was so good I just stopped there for now. I didn't intend to really watch this show like that, binge watched 3 episodes one morning when I woke up rather depressed about my work situation and it was a nice escape to watch this, and the fourth one I watched another morning.

Got some childhood 80s flashbacks such as watering my garden with a garden-hose and water-gun as a kid, feeling the warmth of the garden hose against the sun, and emptying out the water inside it and feeling the warm water, running through lawn sprinklers trying not to get wet, I forgot I had such a memory until I watched this show. It's like it activates these hidden archived memories and makes them come alive in a vivid way. No other retro-80s show does this.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Just watched episode 7 last night. Episode 4 was just so darn good, I feel its the best episode of all Stranger Things. easily.

Im also watching The Baby, The Flight Attendant, Obi Wan, Better Call Saul, and just finished This is Us.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just watched episode 7 last night. Episode 4 was just so darn good, I feel its the best episode of all Stranger Things. easily.

Im also watching The Baby, The Flight Attendant, Obi Wan, Better Call Saul, and just finished This is Us.
I am so far still on episode 5. Its like I somehow binged the first 4 episodes and then felt this 4th episode could not get topped and partially lost interest in the show.
(I am still very interested but its not controlling me anymore). The rest I know be good but not like that. That episode was just very cathartic.

Squid Game the only other show that captured me (did not intend to watch, but when started, the first Season was watched in about one to two weeks time as opposed to months and years). There are lots of decent shows out there, but not many put you under some spell where you find yourself glued to the screen like that. These things are better than most movies out there post-Avengers Endgame.

I'm looking forward to eventually watching Obi Wan, I'm on the first season of "This Is Us", seem to be pacing it to binge a couple of episodes once a month so the pacing is very slow in how I'm watching that. I'm more focused on Glee Club since that is being removed from Netflix - I'm at Season 3 there. I've stalled at the fourth episode on Flight Attendant, Season One.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing worth noting is how people are capitalizing on Stranger Things 4, Episode 4 on youtube. People have put up lyric videos from Katy Bush song (probably to steal views), anyone commenting on it first seems to have gotten tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of likes, and there are a bunch of reaction videos of people watching that episode, particularly the last segment of it, and recording their reactions on camera and getting allot of views. I have not seen anything like this. It's not just me that thinks they put a bomb on that episode and that was their "masterpiece" within the show. The first 4 episodes it's like its own movie in and of itself. It's very tempting to look at spoiler reviews, but I'm holding off the temptation and want to watch the rest of the show. I got one character reveal that I feel may undermine the experience, so I'm careful not to look at any other spoilers for the rest of the episodes of the show.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never seen the show...

But it reminds me of Ghostbusters Afterlife...it sorta has that vibe.

Do they have any similarities?
Its quite a show. Season 1 is actually like a "paranormal Jaws", instead of an ocean and a shark, you have a parallel dimension known as the "Upside Down". What makes Season 1 very creepy, compared to Jaws, is you can understand a shark coming after you in an ocean making it a tangible terror if you are in the water near some sharks. However, a parallel dimension where a shark come come in and out of and attack people takes that fear of sharks and puts it to the nth degree since a shark can lunge at you from anywhere. That is what makes that season horrific.

Season 2 is actually more like "Aliens 2", (I actually re-watched Aliens 2 around the same time as watching Stranger Things 2 so it's that similar with me). Season 3 has some "Terminator" elements to it, and Season 4 is more like Nightmare on Elm Street but resonates allot with other recent horror movies that I have seen such as It, It Chapter 2, and Dr Sleep especially.

With me, Season 2 is less horrific than Season 1 just like Aliens2 is less horrific than Aliens (1979). It's more of an action-level thriller than a horror like Season 1. Season 3 is the least horrific of the four season and really more like a fun thriller and think has the lightest tone out of all the series. Season 4, especially with the first 4 episodes is like season 1, but except of dealing with a shark, you have Freddy Kruegar (if they used Pennywise the clown, it would be more obvious, lol!).

Ghostbusters is referenced in Stranger Things as it's an iconic part of the 80s cultural landscape and I believe it was featured in both Season 1 and 2 where the main characters dressed up like that in at least one of the episodes. Back to the Future was heavily referenced in Season 3 (they even went inside a cinema where it was playing).

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Obi wan episode three almost gave me like 40 heart attacks, almost as good an episode as ST4 episode 4. Better Call Saul´s latest season finale was algo great.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Obi wan episode three almost gave me like 40 heart attacks, almost as good an episode as ST4 episode 4. Better Call Saul´s latest season finale was algo great.
Obi Wan is on my disney watch-list. I'll bump up the priority of watching the first 3 episodes. I usually will watch the first three episodes and decide if I want to see the rest, as I see the first three episodes as selling to me the rest of the first season. By the sounds of it, I will probably be sold.

I'm on the second episode of "Outer Range" which is supposed to be like Yellowstone meets Stranger Things according to the reviews. There is also that TV-show about The Book of Boba Fett, Hawkeye, Moonknight, Wandavision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, that are also on my watch-list. among a zillion others. Have you watched any of those? Better Call Saul is a relaxed steamer, I don't feel the time when I look at the episodes. It may not be spell-binding in terms of capturing attention, but they are usually fun-watch episodes. I stalled on season 2, episode 2. I liked the first season but you know there are allot of streaming options, shows / movies being removed from streamers, etc... that can bump even decently nice shows out of prioritized viewing. (ie in Canada, the Glee Club is being removed on Jun 29th. Even if I'm so-so about the TV-show, I may be more interesting in seeing how much I can watch before its removed even if they are more exciting shows to watch, so that an example of something bumping other shows).

NiceBarn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing worth noting is how people are capitalizing on Stranger Things 4, Episode 4 on youtube. People have put up lyric videos from Katy Bush song (probably to steal views), anyone commenting on it first seems to have gotten tens of thousands/hundreds of thousands of likes, and there are a bunch of reaction videos of people watching that episode, particularly the last segment of it, and recording their reactions on camera and getting allot of views. I have not seen anything like this. It's not just me that thinks they put a bomb on that episode and that was their "masterpiece" within the show. The first 4 episodes it's like its own movie in and of itself. It's very tempting to look at spoiler reviews, but I'm holding off the temptation and want to watch the rest of the show. I got one character reveal that I feel may undermine the experience, so I'm careful not to look at any other spoilers for the rest of the episodes of the show.
I’ve always listened to the band, Placebo’s version. I heard the Kate bush version because of TikTok and thought, Why do they always have to make female remakes for hit shows. I didn’t realize that hers was the original. Great song either way.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve always listened to the band, Placebo’s version. I heard the Kate bush version because of TikTok and thought, Why do they always have to make female remakes for hit shows. I didn’t realize that hers was the original. Great song either way.
I knew about this song before Stranger Things 4. I liked Kate Bush other song called "Cloudbuster", which had a nice music video. I discovered that song from Handmaid's Tale, second last episode or so of Season 3 and just loved repaying that 80s song. Then I looked at Kate Bush other songs and came across Running Up the Hill. (She has other songs, but they are too weird or not as nice as those two) When I got tired of Cloudbuster, I found myself listening to her other "Running Up The Hill" song even more.

Finding this as a major score on Stranger Things and the way it was used in that sequence everyone's raving about, has it ringing in the back of my mind. It's coincidental to have discovered these old songs for myself on youtube, and then to see it featured in one of my favorite TV-shows. It's like it it was just meant to be with the timing and all that.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rest of TV-show was watched today. Have been looking at various spoiler reviews to help process what I had just watched (or that's my version of feeling I watched it with someone). As I thought, that episode 4 thing, or first four episodes were the most gripping (possibly because I haven't watched this show in 3 years and it felt very escapist at the time up to that cathartic moment). There is allot of Upside Down sequences in the last episode and you lost track of time watching this show. But, overall it was okay. I'm a bit tired of it now and just want to take a break from all this until volume 2 comes out.

I didn't really binge watched it. I would segement the viewing, maybe watch 20 minutes one time, a short time another time, etc.... and then the last 20 minutes of the episode, but I was in suspense the whole time I stopped. I can understand why people would just binge watch this as not everyone has the self-discipline to segment the show up and watch different parts of it at different times. I started this thread on Wednesday, which means I started watching the show from Tuesday last week. It's Monday right now, so it took me about a week to watch the whole thing.

Its a great show but it's taxing on the mind to look at something like that.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Obi Wan is on my disney watch-list. I'll bump up the priority of watching the first 3 episodes. I usually will watch the first three episodes and decide if I want to see the rest, as I see the first three episodes as selling to me the rest of the first season. By the sounds of it, I will probably be sold.

I'm on the second episode of "Outer Range" which is supposed to be like Yellowstone meets Stranger Things according to the reviews. There is also that TV-show about The Book of Boba Fett, Hawkeye, Moonknight, Wandavision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, that are also on my watch-list. among a zillion others. Have you watched any of those? Better Call Saul is a relaxed steamer, I don't feel the time when I look at the episodes. It may not be spell-binding in terms of capturing attention, but they are usually fun-watch episodes. I stalled on season 2, episode 2. I liked the first season but you know there are allot of streaming options, shows / movies being removed from streamers, etc... that can bump even decently nice shows out of prioritized viewing. (ie in Canada, the Glee Club is being removed on Jun 29th. Even if I'm so-so about the TV-show, I may be more interesting in seeing how much I can watch before its removed even if they are more exciting shows to watch, so that an example of something bumping other shows).
Yeah, all of them. Boba Fett was meh the first 4 episodes, but the last three episodes felt like I was watching The Mandalorian and that was cool. All the other shows were ok. I havent watched Yellowstone or Outer Range, I will add them to the list.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel a real release now that I've finished watching Season 4 vol 1. This is one weird show that, even if you decide to look at an episode another day or take a pause within an episode, something gnaws at you where you want to know what is going to happen next. Now, I feel free of that. I'm watching other videos or shows, but nothing is registering deeply with me.

Vol 2 is coming out on July 1st. So while waiting for the grand finale of this season, what do you plan to look at in the meantime?

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I been watching some shows in spanish: I watched Las Bravas @HboMax, its an ok show. Also watched Control Z @Netflix, same girl as Las Bravas. Also catched up with Elite @Netflix, not as good as the first three seasons, most of the original cast is gone. Besides shows in spanish, Ive been trying to catch up with Arrowverse/DC shows but Im always behind because too many shows. Also been meaning to start another season of The Blacklist.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just watched the rest of Stranger Things vol 2. Was watched on a bed-TV set-up where I had trouble sleeping or woke-up too early.
Not as great as vol 1, but it ends with a jaw dropping cliffhanger. Just seeing the real Hawkins being invaded by the Upside Down, with the spores actually falling on the city is one of the hottest cliffhangers I've ever seen. The rest of vol 2 was a fun-watch but felt more sloppy from a story-writing perspective compared to the build-up and peak moments in vol 1. I feel more hooked to see where Season 5 is going.
I might re-watch Season 2 & 3 at a later time after seeing this as that's also a season where the Upside Down partially interfaced with the real Hawkins in a smaller scale to what Season 5 would likely be.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Yeah, the first 4 episodes of vol1 were so flipin good, especially episode 4

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That cliffhanger ending is still on my mind. Replaying a youtube clip of it. Lots of comments and reactions on youtube.
Really looks like this is the second great moment of the show both in terms of film score and cinematography:

It's like an epic 3 min.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know people still water plants, right?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started Grade 5 in a new school in September 1986. The teacher's name was Mrs. Ashby. She had bells palsy and part of her face was numbed. She was nice with me. Not a standout teacher, but one of the good ones. I used to stare at girls. I would pick a target and just stare at her. One time, a girl named Suzy was so upset I kept staring at her that she started kicking me, and while she was kicking me I kept staring at her and she broke down and cried because I won't stop staring at her. This was the next school I attended when the previous school didn't work out because I felt bullied and I quit in Grade 4 the year before and was told I had to repeat. I skipped to grade 5 in this new school.

In the Stranger Things Universe, the kids portrayed there are in Grade 9, so they are 4 years older than I am and would likely have been born in 1972 in order to start High School in 1986. When I started High School in 1990, the internet still wasn't a thing (you got dial-up internet being more prominent around 1992 in its very basic and rudimentary form), so in a sense the time I started high-school, at least tech and culture wise, could be an extension of the 80's feel about everything. At least in my life, it wasn't until 1992, that I really felt everything was different and whatever the 80s represented was gone, at least in terms of innocence and childhood.

Last edited: