Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

STORY TELLING ~~~ A Important part of a DJ???

toot86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard in Many discussions and many dating guides that one has to be a good STORYTELLER... And when I saw swingers I saw it in action when the player was in the trailer with the honeys.. And after a story he ends up "almost" doing one of the hot honeys...

But How can I tell a good story ..

And What Kind of storys ...

And how long...

and doesnt this contridict the rule of not talking too much about yourself???

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, storytelling is killer

If you can pull it off. It's not my strong suit, so I'm looking for tips just as much as you are. A lot of guys go far with it.

The main thing is that a story be entertaining, and a good punch line helps.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i love story telling

hmmm...lemme think...

keep good eye contact with everyone, as to try tokeep them interested and even a part of the story

go into some good detail so that they cn understand what you are feeling

change the volume of your voice

try to make visuals of your stories, use your hands, use kino to explain situations

rememeber to smile :D

if someone does loose focus or interuppt i go "wait do you wanna here my story or what?" in a very cool relaxed voice knowing that theyll be quiet and listen

thats atleast what works for me

but please dont make up stories...dunno why but that just bothers me

Reaction score
I tell a lot of stories to my friends. I'd say it is one of my stronger points.

The length doesn't matter, if you are good enough to keep it entertaining.

You honestly don't need to make anything up. If your audience can relate closely with what you are saying, then even the most simple stories will draw smiles.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definately say so. Storytelling is a eons old tradition, the ancient equivalent of making a speech to the masses. Remember that tribes and governments were eventually formed by an alpha male or a regular male who rose to power thanks to his ability to entrance the audience, and above all, make them feel emotions such as power, greed, anger, love, hope, and pride. This work by default on ALL human beings, and you can do this with women too. The problem is, this is not an easy skill to nurture. You just have to get into it. Like many stage/performance arts improvisation is a lot of it. Great actors or musicians can skillfully improvise to cover up momentary lapses in judgement, escaping disaster by the tail of their skirts. Yet they still are able keep the audience in a trance with their performances. For example, when I am on a roll and I am thinking on my toes, I can speak to many people. When I think too much and am nervous, I suck. It's definately a skill that you can nurture.

numlock

Don Juan
Reaction score
great thread!

i've been analyzing my storytelling ability for quite some time, especially since realizing how important it is.

on a side note, after coming to this realization, i have begun to notice how good OTHER people are at telling stories. my sister is an *amazing**amazing* story teller -- easily one of the best i know. i'm the complete opposite: i suck. the main difference between us is that she is incredibly descriptive; her facial expression and tone of voice are always varying; she talks with her hands.

i sometimes have a great story in my head, but i can't effectively express it -- which is why it's great idea to improve your vocabulary.

gt95ab

Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice on storytelling is that you have to remember one thing, a good story does not have to have a punchline, but it must always have a beginning, a middle and an end. Also, practice makes perfect, telling the same story to different groups of people can only help you improve. Storytelling is an art, and a true DJ can always use it to there advantage.

The ethical DJ - gt95ab

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Three main things you need to know:

1. Posture, gesticulation

2. Tone of voice, volume

3. Facial expression

Anyalize those separately, and learn to manipulate each one like a world-class pianist can manipulate every SINGLE key on his or her piano keyboard.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A little story for you...

I have a short story for you guys..

This takes place in a ship.
The sailor comes into the captains room and says:
" Captain, Captain! there is a homosexual in the boat!"
"Well, how do you know that?" Answered the Captain.
"I tasted his d*ck and it tasted like sh*t!"

toot86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jakethasnake
Three main things you need to know:

1. Posture, gesticulation

2. Tone of voice, volume

3. Facial expression

Anyalize those separately, and learn to manipulate each one like a world-class pianist can manipulate every SINGLE key on his or her piano keyboard.

What does gesticulation mean??But everything sounds pretty much on track on how to become a great story teller or atleast a good one..

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this one is easy. Just speak about things matter of factly. Tell stories in detail. Keep it focused. There you go.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
only if u want her to bore her ass off. It's an ok asset but let'N the girls to the talk is MUCH more gratifying.

GHOST

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by toot86
What does gesticulation mean??But everything sounds pretty much on track on how to become a great story teller or atleast a good one..
gesticulation means hand gestures.