Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Speed" Dating Revisited

Doppler4000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering what some of the current opinions are on the whole "speed" dating scene. Actually, some are more speedy than others because there's one out there that actually gives you 8 minutes per person.

Anyways, I think this has some particular attractiveness for slightly older guys who don't get to go out nearly as much with as many friends as we used to, or would like to.

I see it like this:

PLUSSES:

-It could help keep away those dry spells when you don't have enough chances to go out and meet people other ways.

-Good practice for interacting and talking to strangers which will help in other pick up situations.

MINUSES:

-Might take some effort getting over the stigma or weirdness of going to an event like this. I actually know based on news stories, etc. that some pretty well educated and successful people actually attend these things, but still- I know I might feel a little werid.

-Might not be any women there attractive and / or interesting enough to make it worthwhile.... and if there's only one or two particularly good ones in the pool, competition will be more fierce.

There's probably more- this is just what I think, but I'm actually considering giving it a chance in the next month or so. Anyone out there doing these events?

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried it so this is all second hand. Apparently it is all sort of cheesey but has a few things going for it.

You get a go/no go decision out of multiple women quickly:
-You meet several women in a short span
-You only get contact information for those who indicate they are interested in hearing from you again

No sausage fests:
-The nature of the event requires 50/50 sex distribution
-The chicks dig it so the services are usually actively searching for men, precisely the opposite of most other pick up venues

You have a release valve:
-You can't get pinned down by an aggressive woman
-If you really can't stand a girl, she will be out of your life in 8 minutes. I like the idea of still having the whole evening ahead of 8 minutes later when an introduction turns sour.

I say give it a try if the idea interests you. It's just one evening out of your life and a nice change of pace.

locrian

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done speed dating a few times, both 8-mintue and 3-minute varieties. I've hooked up with one girl (HB8) from it, and made some friends (from the UGs), overall I'd say it was a good experience. I approach the speed dating events like a party, there's a bunch of people, you talk to everyone, some people you like and some you don't, some are hot some are not, most are average. If nothing else, it's good practise for fluff talk, reading body language, piquing her interest in a short time, etc, besides which it's just fun to talk to girls all night! So I recommend at least trying it.

Something else, make use of the time before and after the event to mingle with people, they won't remember you (or barely remember you) if the only time you talk to them is during the speed date itself.

I'd be interested in anything anybody else has experienced about speed dating, how did you make yourself memorable, was it a good experience, etc.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did 8 minute dating once and I thought it was pretty cool. I met a HB7-8 but she flaked on me.

Most of the girls were average.

The competition wasn't to fierce, most of the guys were kind of nerdy IT types for some reason. I wanted to try another 8 minute dating event in town last week, but a snow storm ensued so I counldn't make it. I will go to a 3 minute dating thing soon, where I will met something like 20 women (?). We'll see. Its good for practice during times when my schedule is jam packed with school,work and the gym.

The quality of people was very high though in a professional sense. Maybe it was a function of the fact that it was in Boston, but it seemed like every girl I met, with the exception of one or two, had or was working on getting a graduate degree.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Genghis Juan
I did 8 minute dating once and I thought it was pretty cool. I met a HB7-8 but she flaked on me.

Most of the girls were average.

The competition wasn't to fierce, most of the guys were kind of nerdy IT types for some reason. I wanted to try another 8 minute dating event in town last week, but a snow storm ensued so I counldn't make it. I will go to a 3 minute dating thing soon, where I will met something like 20 women (?). We'll see. Its good for practice during times when my schedule is jam packed with school,work and the gym.

The quality of people was very high though in a professional sense. Maybe it was a function of the fact that it was in Boston, but it seemed like every girl I met, with the exception of one or two, had or was working on getting a graduate degree.
Boston sounds like a place to find a "working professional" (read: money maker) ;)

Does a girl with a higher degree intimidate? What type of guys with higher degrees looking for? I've noticed female doctors go for male engineers; accountant gals go for doctors or dentists...umm..that's about all the generalizations i can think of so far!

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me? I don't give that much of a rat's as* if a girl is working on a graduate degree or not at this point. For me, its the total package of looks, attitude, stability and personality.

I met a girl from the South that I occassionaly date, unfortunately, it looks more than likely that she is going to move back to KY rather than stay in Boston.

She has the proverbial "girl next door" personality. The fact that she is a professional and is considering going to grad school, made this girl an "ideal fit" for me. The fact that she was raised in the South by good parents, seems to give this girl a certain persona that is rare up here. She seems to have both ambition and humility. To put the frosting on the cake, she is a knockout, blonde bombshell.

Too bad...I don't have my hopes up that it will turn around with her staying, even though there is a good possibility of that. Her mother in KY, thinks she is crazy to even consider moving back.

Anyways, I got off track.