So what is a "nice guy" anyway?

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many times have I heard men complain that women only like jerks. Well, it simply isn't true.

Usually when men say "women don't like nice guys", what they are really saying is "women don't like me". Well, with an attitute like that, they're half right.

Granted, there are women who date convicts or men who beat them, and there are women who will scream at you when you give up a seat for her on a crowded train (avoid these women at all costs!!) but that is the exception rather than a rule.

Here's what women DO like: genuinely good men.

Here's what women DON'T like: desperate men, doormats, insecure men

When guys refer to "nice" guys it's actually pretty misleading. "Nice guys" generally aren't any nicer than "jerks". The only difference is that the "jerk" got the girl and the "nice" guy didn't.

The reasons for this could be numerous. Maybe you came on too strong, maybe she likes men with facial hair, maybe you just aren't her type (hey, it happens) or maybe you reek of desperation. Whatever the reason, chances are it's not because you were too nice.

So why are the ones who go home alone called "nice" guys? Simple. When a guy comes onto a girl he does everything in his power to be nice, and if she doesn't take to it for whatever reason his only explanation is that he was too nice. People love to rationalize.

So now a guy who is already feeling bitter and rejected makes a concerted effort to be less nice thinks he's going to get a girl? Yeah, right.

Another reason is that guys tend to shower their affection on girls in order to get the girls to like them. As far as I can tell, this has NEVER worked for ANYBODY. Either she likes you or she doesn't, and your over-the-top efforts will at best elicit a mental "ewwww" (at worst she'll get a restraining order). Save your efforts for your girlfriend when you get one.

Bottom line is this: would you want to date a bitter, desperate person who's trying to be a jerk? Probably not. Instead, focus on your technique and what you are doing wrong. Hint: it's not that you were too polite.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To me, a "nice guy" is this...

A guy who rarely stands up for himself.
Does as hes told majority of the time, even if he doesn't want to.
Constantly trying to please a girl.
Feels that being sweet all the time is the way to go.
Is always a shoulder to cry on.
Makes a fool of himself in hopes of winning a girl over.

Stuff like that is what I think of when people say "nice guy"

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see how that's very different than what I'm saying. My point is that "nice" doesn't mean nice and men should stop confusing themselves.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it's not much different than what you're saying. I'm just elaborating? :whistle:

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. How you described the bitter nice guy that goes to the extremes of being a jerk reminded me of me last year as a total AFC.

tr0ublemaker

Don Juan
Reaction score
A nice guy is a f4g who writes poetry for his girl..sobs and cries if he wants to be with her or if she hurt his feelings..and pretty much makes the girl realize that she's his world...the kind of guy who can't carry on after a breakup, like owen wilson in wedding crashers...that's a fvcking nice guy!

a jerk isn't some asshol3 who slaps his b1tch around when she's out of line..or who just got bailed out of jail three days ago..he's a guy his b!tch can't control...and if the relationship breaks, she knows he won't really be messed up over it..

vorbis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
don't mean to sound misognystic but i've never seen such control of the dating game by women like I've seen here in Boston. I'm from Ireland and there and the UK I've found women to have a much better grip on things. Game playing is rife here. It ultimately seems to boil down to not being more into a girl than she is into you.

She can call you every day and act a bit clingy, god forbid a guy would act anywhere near that. Its even happening to me a little with one of the current girls I'm dating. She initally was very into me but I've rang her first the last few times and you can almost feel IL going down as it feels like I'm more into her than she's into me. You'd want to be very clingy to elicit the same reaction from an irish chick. Solution as always is to concentrate on other chicks.

As an example of "treat em mean keep em keen", a friend of mine has this girl as a **** buddy (she might think they're more). Now he's a nice guy but he has no desire for a lasting relationship. He ran yer one up there one saturday night at 3 in the monring, drove down to a walgreens and did her in the carpark behind it! And that ultimately is the game over here. Women have so much control over it that what interests them most is the guys who are not too interested in them. To me its not a recipe for happiness but you gotta play it

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
as long as a guy is sexual the right way, he can get away with any attitude he wants!

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
as long as a guy is sexual the right way, he can get away with any attitude he wants!
Cheers to that! Don't be afraid to make moves (but stalk women, either!)

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
yes, sexual THE RIGHT WAY is the key point

as to what the right way is, well people can go look up a couple of my old threads :)

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thinking about what vorbis has said, I would like to add that men in America have it very hard since American women are, let's face it, kind of crazy.

They love for men to take charge but are creeped out when he does. They get angry if men don't call but even more angry if he calls too often. They generally prefer to go Dutch but get angry if you don't offer to pay.

Having lived in Europe for several years I find that men tend to court women the old-fashioned way because women aren't as scary over there. American women don't know what they want and you'll have a hell of time getting yo yo'd around while she tries to figure it out.

Basically, it's very hard to keep American woman happy so DON'T STRESS about it and DON'T get bitter! Unless you see a scarily consistent bad pattern in your behaviour, it's probably not you. Just relax and get rid of her if she seems crazier than usual.

Borgon

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is this guy back form my HS he is a REAL AFC, and still is in college. He hasnt seen the light, here is a post he made on thefacebook.com

To the nice guys left."

To every guy who knows which girl he wants.

To every guy that's said, "Sex can wait."

To every guy that's said, "You're beautiful."

To every guy that was never too busy to drive across town (or across the state) to see her.

To every guy that gives flowers and a card when she is sick.

To every guy who has given her flowers just because.

To every guy that said he would die for her.

To every guy that really would.

To every guy that did what she wanted to do.

To every guy that cried in front of her.

To every guy that she cried in front of.

To every guy that holds hands with her.

To every guy that kisses her with meaning.

To every guy that hugs her when she's sad.

To every guy that hugs her for no reason at all.

To every guy who would give their jacket up for her.

To every guy that calls to make sure she got home safe.

To every guy that would sit and wait for her for hours just to see her for ten minutes

To every guy that would give his seat up.

To every guy that just wants to cuddle.

To every guy that reassured her that she was beautiful no matter what.

To every guy who told his secrets to her.

To every guy that tried to show how much he cared through every word and every breath.

To every guy that thought maybe this could be the one.

To every guy that believed in her dreams.

To every guy that would have done anything so she could achieve them.

To every guy that never laughed at her when she told him her dreams.

To every guy that walked her to her car.

To every guy that wasn't just trying to get laid.

To every guy that gave his heart.

To every guy who prays that she is happy even if you are not with her.

This is one bulletin for you...

Not many girls appreciate nice guys anymore... And because of this, there are not many left out there...
If i did not tag you, the reason is I just got tried of searching for names no hard feelings

some of the things he says are ok, but others are still AFC.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
MsThang said:
Hint: it's not that you were too polite.
No its that you were too polite to HER compared with your surroundings, the bar staff, that fatty, those chumps etc etc.

The concept of "niceness" and how its perceived by men is irrelevant to gaming and fvcking women.

One of the biggest jokes society makes is even giving merit to the "nice guy" Versus "jerk" myth, its a non issue in reality.

The fun factor and social leg up for her is what a man should be giving a fvck about when it comes to chicks, dont ponder on this nice V azzhole sh!t it only serves as a deterrnet to the real crux of the matter.

I can be the devil incarnate for all it matters to chicks, however if I'm the devil inacarnate with no real means for her to socially expand or stay neutral I'm going home with my d!ck in my hand.

"Nice"?? Nope nonsense.