"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

So there's this girl...

Raskolnik

New Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Bahstahn
I realize this is probably a way-too-common sort of discussion, but I would really appreciate any sort of communal advice. Plus it's my first post.

So there's this girl, I'll call her Jessica. We're in the same acting troupe at my university, and have been friends for about 6 months now.

I didn't always feel attracted to her, but for the past few weeks/month or two it's been steadily growing. I've gone on dates with other girls over this period of time, some of them pretty successful, but Jessica's always kind of looming in my mind, sometimes just subconsciously.

Anyway, as I mentioned, we're friends, but not of the same exact social circle. I do spend time with her closest friends on occasion, but a fair amount of our interaction is one-on-one. And even when I'm out with her and her friends, sometimes it's just the two of us talking.

We make a lot of eye contact when we talk. She laughs a lot at my jokes, but then again, she kind of laughs at everyone's jokes. We've been out on non-dates before, in the sense of I took her out for a Friendly dinner-and-a-movie; there wasn't exactly stunning chemistry, but it wasn't like there was none whatsoever, either. I know DJ's don't analyze, but on one of the non-dates she seemed kind of nervous and kept asking me lots of questions about myself, which (I think) is supposed to be a sign of Interest, or something.

On the other hand, she's never really said or done anything to indicate any sort of interest in things going further. She did promise to make me dinner; but it was quid-pro-quo-ish, because I got her some food ("Hey, will you buy me lunch if I make you dinner on Wednesday?").

So the question is, well, kind of open-ended. Is my situation hopeless? Should I give up entirely and just move on? I mean, am I already irrevocably in the "friends" zone?

Obviously these questions are kind of difficult to answer in this forum, because this is just a tiny bit of information. But I would be very grateful for any advice or further questions from anyone willing to give it. I know, of course, that there's absolutely no way to "make" her fall in love with me, but any thoughts on how to maybe pique her interest or attraction would be very much appreciated.

Thanks so much.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
The only way to find out if she's interested in you is either by guessing or kissing. If she tries to be your friend/wants to know more and more about yuo.. she's interested and you can progress comfortably. But if you're on the fence and you're not sure.. do the kiss test.

Afraid of kissing her on the lips? Then kiss her on the forehead and smile after doing it. This is the safe method.. if the girl gives you a disgusted puzzled look then you got your rejection answer. If she smiles and her face is blushing, do a second kiss..this time on the lips.

Or just go for the lips if you're not afraid.
 

Raskolnik

New Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Bahstahn
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
The only way to find out if she's interested in you is either by guessing or kissing. If she tries to be your friend/wants to know more and more about yuo.. she's interested and you can progress comfortably. But if you're on the fence and you're not sure.. do the kiss test.

Afraid of kissing her on the lips? Then kiss her on the forehead and smile after doing it. This is the safe method.. if the girl gives you a disgusted puzzled look then you got your rejection answer. If she smiles and her face is blushing, do a second kiss..this time on the lips.

Or just go for the lips if you're not afraid.
Hm. So should I try this on something like a date, or out of the blue, or what?
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
anytime anywhere. just make sure your body posture is open. you want your answer asap.
 
Top