"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

So does she want to be taken or what?

Lucky

New Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
This thread is based on one of the Pooks old posts about ********.

I have a female 'friend' who I see as an invaluable source for experimentation in 'the ways of the woman'.

I have used my 'friend' to test many of the techniques expressed on this forum with interesting results.

The current situation is this: She is seeing a guy and she is definitely the one wearing the pants in the 'relationship'.

He is very jealous of me and my presence around 'his girl' and I don't blame him. What makes it worse for him is that my friend has made it clear that he can like it or lump it.

Now, my 'friend' spends rather a lot of time in my company. I do not personally agree with girlfriend stealing but, I would like people’s opinion on my scenario.

In the Pooks ******** post he suggested that if a woman is expressing feelings about her man this is bad (whether the feelings are positive or negative).

If she talks about actions he takes she is using social proof to point out that she is a 'catch'

Does the following sound like: 'you are my emotional tampon soak up my pain' or
'I think you could be the man, prove it to me'

She is always telling me that her man does not take her out. Not in a whiney way but as a matter of fact.

She has commented on his 'lack' of sexual prowess and... Ahem, equipment shortage.

She seems to go out more with me than him and actively invites me out to do things.

She shows all the signs of attraction and interest.

I personally think she is using me as a 'pseudo boyfriend' to do the things her 'man' won't do, as in friends without benefits.

More recently she has been creating reasons to see me more and more WTF.

Don't worry I know the drill, limit her access, do my own thing etc.

I am just interested in what you guys think her game is.

I wondered if she might just be trying to get her man jealous so he'll get off his butt and do something.

She is pretty hot, but so are plenty of other women.

Humour me and pass judgement.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You can't actively "pursue" a non-single girl in the way you can a single girl. They won't respect you if you treat them like you don't respect the boyfriend/girlfriend position.

However, if it just HAPPENS...:D

In other words, treat her like you would any other girl you're interested in, stay short of actually making any moves UNTIL she gives you an opening. You'll see them. Then gain ground where you can.
 

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 14, 2001
Messages
8,256
Reaction score
236
Age
49
Location
at our house
and yet i came to this post , expecting to read about being "taken" but it was the other "taken" ... and that answer is "sometimes":p
 

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Originally posted by Lucky
In the Pooks ******** post he suggested that if a woman is expressing feelings about her man this is bad (whether the feelings are positive or negative).
How can you tell if you are an emotional tampon, if she is vomiting her feelings, or if she wants you to steal her? It is simple. If her emotions are on herself, she is bleeding her feelings everywhere and making quite a mess. If the feelings are bad, she is using you as the emotional tampon. You are there for her to unload her feelings and get tossed aside. However, if the girl is projecting no feelings of herself and only tearing down her boyfriend, it is obvious what she intends.
As per the pook... if she is expressing feelings on herself, then you're a tampon.

If all she is doing is tearing down her b/f, then she is lookin to be stolen.
 

Lucky

New Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
The TallOne,

I stand corrected.

As penkitten points out though: the answer is 'sometimes'.

You see, if I am merely a friend and nothing but a friend in her eyes, those boyfriend tearing down words may only be her way of thinking out loud:

I'm not very impressed with my boyfriend at the moment.

If I am seen potentially as 'the man', then it is an invitation to prove it.

And as we all know her feelings could promptly switch back to a favourable one along with the wind blowing.

I must admit though, that she consistently 'tears him down' in my presence.

I guess I will just have to keep doing my Don Juan thing and if she wants me she will come. Otherwise move on.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top