Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Smooth's Mental Examination !Part 2!

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smooth's Mental Examination !Part 1!

Delving into the subconscious thought of the Don Juan. The DJ, what makes him so special? What do we think about when she makes a move and what should we be thinking about?

1.) Morals

From the moral standpoint, being a Don Juan is taught to you by your parents as something you should not try to be. Your mother will want you to believe that you should put all women on a pedestal. Don’t be mistaken, teaching you chivalry is not teaching you to put her on a pedestal. For example, opening the door for a lady is not putting her on a pedestal. It’s simply manners, so don’t mistake it for anything else.
Additionally, I wouldn’t suggest telling your parents about becoming a DJ. “Hey mom, I’m going to start adding some jerk to my attitude, getting ladies and becoming the “Mack-daddy”!”
When I started down my path to DJ-hood, my parents thought I was becoming a real jerk. It passed though, yet currently they believe I have no respect for anyone (they are correct).
Morals as per the world, doesn’t want you to be a DJ. They want you to be an AFC, just as much as you want every other male to be an AFC, so you can get the ripe pickings. Women don’t want you to become a DJ; they want you to put them on a huge pedestal. Women don’t want to love you; the man must make them love them.

2.) The Attitude

Sadly, some things can’t be taught but they must be acquired. You can possess every single quality of a Don Juan, yet still yearn for women.
You can tell girls you don’t need a girlfriend, you can follow all the rules, but in the end things will still never workout because there’s more to being a DJ then just rules. There’s a line of thought that you cannot control. You must truly convince yourself without doubt, you are solely all you need in life.
If you can convince yourself the lowest plateau of being a DJ, everything else will follow.

3.) The Lifestyle

This is something I’ve long avoided. The DJ lifestyle, is more then a mentality. It means striking while the irons hot, it means waking up in the morning when you wakeup – and not three hours later because you have nothing in your life that you need to wakeup for. It means, when you ask a girl out, and you get turned down, you don’t go out and get drunk – or feel depressed for a week. You let things slide, and you move-on. Having jars of cologne, living your life as it was meant to be lived, this is what we desire.. The Don Juan lifestyle is very gratifying, and is what almost all of us yearn for. The problem is, with the DJ lifestyle, you are hereby clichéd into DJdom. All of your other interests are shadowed by it. At the same time however, I think I must add you may be, living the Don Juan lifestyle to other individuals without knowing it. If you exhibit all the qualities of a DJ, people will not know any better then to assume you live the lifestyle. This is a suggestion made by a few individuals on this forum; people believe that even if you are not living the lifestyle you should make yourself out to be...

4) Insecurity

Insecurity is the lack of absolute, positive, belief in one’s self. Insecurity, should be removed but not to the point of perfection. We’ll move onto perfection later, but the point of the statement was suggesting that perfection is a fruitless battle of which you cannot win. Insecurities, for example, having bad teeth so you refrain from smiling, should be taken care-of, if the Don Juan sees it as fit. Yet, again, fixing your teeth in the hopes of then becoming “perfect” is, from my point of view, dangerous. You’ll find some minor thing else wrong about you.
Simply put, reality is full of problems. Security is the realization that these problems are inescapable and should be embraced as what makes you an individual. Nothing more or less, for this is all it is...

5) Morality

Doe’s a Don Juan cheat on his girlfriend? Doe’s a Don Juan go after all the pleasure or positive feedback he can? This is a more complicated subject, as it has been approached by philosopher’s sense humans existed… I’ll see if I can break it down to a degree for you, in something of lemans terms.
Don Juanism (yes yet another suffix), is widely confused as a single belief or idea. To emulate those who have achieved that in which we desire… This is not the case, of course.
If a fellow DJ, cheats on his girlfriend, gets away with it, and is happy about it, should I do the same? I don’t know if I should, I mean I’d feel sort of bad about that. Another DJ say’s a DJ holds to his word.
These individuals need to stop pressing their ideas of morality onto other people. Especially if, these individuals have ever said a bad word about religion. Morality, in my belief, is up to the individual.
Joe and Matt have different ideals on morality, what is right and wrong. It is determined by how they are raised. Do not go about pressing, and attempting to brainwash others into having your ideas of morality (religion...).
So simply put, what you feel wrong is what is wrong. What another person views as wrong is not necessarily true for you. Follow your heart, not another DJ’s word. That’s all I can suggest.

6) Perfection

As children we were told no one is perfect. Then when we hit puberty, we saw Brad Pitt getting raved about by all these ladies who believe he’s perfect! Well what now mom, I thought no one was perfect? He isn’t perfect dear, he’s a decent actor, but he just looks good! Well I want to be like him! You can’t! I thought I could be whatever I wanted to be?...
You know already Brad Pitt isn’t perfect; I won’t beat that into you. However the belief that you can become perfect still exists today. Now if only I fix this slight problem, I’ll be perfect!
Perfection, as I said before, is a fruitless war that you cannot win. I believe someone on this board said “We must strive for excellence, not perfection”. This is what a Don Juan does, and I suggest you follow suit.
Of course, you’ll also have the lucky addition with excellence, of being blindly, ignorantly, thought of, as perfect. Just as Brad Pitt was, by all those ladies.
Get it now? :) .

Edits:

1/25/03 - Fixed a minor bug with what text is bolded.

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What the...

Can a mod change it to "!Part 2!" for me? (In the subject). Jeez...

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post smooth!

The part at the end about perfection is so true. When you think about it, there is no such thing as a perfect human because we are adapting creatures. We adapt to our surroundings the best way we know. And when we do, we become excellent in our surroundings. So in a way, all humans are perfect, because we are able to adapt so easily and readily to make ourselfs the way we want.

One thing I want to add has to do with the morality issue. If your in the process of making friends, NEVER push your beliefs on them until both of you are comfortable doing so. And you will know when that is. When you push your beliefs on someone who is happy with the ones they have, they take it as an assault on themselves at a very deep level. That makes bad feelings (Duh), just what you do NOT want making friends. You want them to feel good around you.

Again, great post. I'm looking forward to a 3rd installment!

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
on the subject of perfection: it is simply in the mind. i believe that one can generally be perfect if he trully believes he is perfect. if you trully believe you are perfect, you won't care what others say. you won't get into fights, making you look calm. you won't run away from everyone, making you look confident. you won't be afraid to approach women because that fear is mostly just a fear of a girl seeing what is wrong with you. this isn't what most people think of perfection as, but as i see it, that's about all it is. it's not something nobody can achieve, but something anyone can achieve.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice job. should get more recognition.

Mikelo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Info Smooth :D A few spelling mistakes, but a great post none the less ;)

(it kinda confused me for a moment where you used Doe's when I beleive that you meant Does without an apostrophe) ;)

"hopes of then becoming" ==> "hopes of them becoming"
"philosopher’s sense humans existed" ==> "philosophers since humans existed"

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm being criticized for spelling on SoSuave.

I think I'm being held to a higher standard :D

No I cannot edit any of my posts, to old...:rolleyes: