Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Small Towns?

TheDarkSaint

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've begun my long road away from being an AFC. There are things I want to try, to do and to experience. There's just one little problem.

I have my dream job. I teach music at a small high school in a small town. I'm the expert here. I have total control over my budget, my administration gives me a great deal of support and small town living is definitly cheaper than living in a city. I can get a two story, 3 bedroom house for around 70k.

The problem is that there are few, if any people here my age. I'm not just talking about women, but men too. It's difficult to find anyone to socialize with at all.

Compounding that problem is that the nearest town of any size, Amarillo is at least 2 1/2 hours away.

I went to a couple of churches but they either disagreed with my beliefs about God or were full of older, retired people.

I'm trying to look on the positive side of this situation to find things that work in my favor, but that's hard to do in a community of around 2,500.

I love my job and I really don't want to move away for a while. Has anyone else been in a similer situation and if so, how did you handle it?

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
The lightness of being

Dear sir

I used to live in a small town. The difference is that I was born and raised there so I was surrounded by my familly and integrated in the community activities.

I suggest that you join the local activities. Where do you live? Can you go fishing with the local men that you might befriend? Are there local clubs of some kind that you might join? Any social club would be ok as you would get a chance to meet other adults. Join the volunteer firefighters.

Good luck

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheDarkSaint

Compounding that problem is that the nearest town of any size, Amarillo is at least 2 1/2 hours away.

I'm trying to look on the positive side of this situation to find things that work in my favor, but that's hard to do in a community of around 2,500.

I love my job and I really don't want to move away for a while. Has anyone else been in a similer situation and if so, how did you handle it?
Depends on what you mean by "handle it".
Anyway, there is an advantage I guess in small town: people are more open to a small talk: you can approach women anywhere,and they would respond to you eagerly...which is much harder to for not so small town where people might be much busier and probably a little bit more snobbish statistically speaking.

Regarding socializing I have no idea, I myself live in a relative small suburban town and face the same problem.

Well...Read local newspapers, there might be some info about some clubs/meeting/events/etc
nd if you get a gf, than you can socializng much easier with other families.

white sox bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheDarkSaint
I've begun my long road away from being an AFC. There are things I want to try, to do and to experience. There's just one little problem.

I have my dream job. I teach music at a small high school in a small town. I'm the expert here. I have total control over my budget, my administration gives me a great deal of support and small town living is definitly cheaper than living in a city. I can get a two story, 3 bedroom house for around 70k.

The problem is that there are few, if any people here my age. I'm not just talking about women, but men too. It's difficult to find anyone to socialize with at all.

I went to a couple of churches but they either disagreed with my beliefs about God or were full of older, retired people.

I hear ya Bro! I live in a town of 25k and 95% of the people are either too young, too old,married,nasty,undatable and so on. My choices like yours are slim to none. I'm considering online dating. Good luck!

TheDarkSaint

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Make friends with the 40-something crowd

Originally posted by swampwiz

And keep hanging around the churches ... I can't believe that a church would not want to have anyone around - even if he is not a strict believer. You can say that you are rather unreligious, but that you like the type of culture that is associated with the church going crowd. I would say that most church going parents would love to see their precious little princess get married to a high class man.

As for big cities, I don't know exactly where you are, but I wouldn't consider a place like Amarillo to be very urbane. I would definitely put Albuquerque, Denver and Dallas as far more cosmopolitain. [/B]
>>I'm pretty liberal. I think I found one that comes close to my certain set of beliefs, so I'm getting spiritual nurishmen there, but not much for socalization. I do intend to keep at it though.

As for Amarillo, it's terribly cosmopolition compared to this town, which is what makes it sad:) My students beg me to stop at Wal-mart on our last out of town trip. We don't have one here (thank god)

I'm going to keep plugging. The weather is finaly turning nice here and evidently these people are BBQ freaks, which is good for me.

I've started trying to follow the Boot Camp as well. It's proving to be challenging in a small town, but I suppose that the more challengeing it is, the better off I am. Thanks for the suggestions and if anyone has anymore, please feel free.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat. Minneapolis isn't a small town however many of the women are cut from the same cloth. I only come across my ideal type of women when I visit Europe or one of the coasts. Do I want to move? Not yet, so I end up making the best of where I am and who I'm with at the moment.

In your case you have a huge advantage. Being a teacher, you have summers off don't you? You could take advantage of that time to get away to the big city and expand your pool of available women. You may luck out and find one who would appreciate the small town lifestyle to maybe move closer to you eventually.

You can still look at moving you know. It all depends on your priorities.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
You may luck out and find one who would appreciate the small town lifestyle to maybe move closer to you eventually.
I wish I could see a woman who would be willing to move from a big city to a small town. Is it possible guys??

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
anything is possible bro.
question:
why are you considering online dating? if you do meet someone, chances are they will be far away and you will have to travel. in my opinion, this will not help your situation.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FratAndDiddy
anything is possible bro.
question:
why are you considering online dating? if you do meet someone, chances are they will be far away and you will have to travel. in my opinion, this will not help your situation.
That's the reason he should try on-line dating. There's no one nearby! If he goes on-line, he can find a myriad of women in larger communities. They may even mention in their profiles that they prefer a more rural life.

jack80202

Don Juan
Reaction score
small towns

For f**** sake get out of the d*** small town an go wheree te women are!!!!!!!

TheDarkSaint

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a thought. But, as this site proclaims loudly and often, women are not the end goal.

Self respect and confidance are.

In this little town I'm the big guy here. I'm the one that makes music happen for the kids. I'm one of the few that knows how to compose music. I meet people every day that were in music that come up and tell me how happy they are to see me here.

This job rocks. It's a total self confidance booster to me. My pay rocks for this town as everything is cheaper here and I can save up for cool trips to Japan and England.

I'd really rather not leave. If it came down to it, I'd stay here over going somewhere where I'm just another guy in the crowd, where my job is not respected and things are more expensive just to get the honeys.

You know, the more I think of it, the more I'm starting to find the answer to my own question.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
use your musical abilities to devise something devious. orchestrate a plan to start a cult. church going people are easily swayed under the guide of christianity...you can become a God of sorts.

good luck

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree

I totally agree with you. I'd trade places with you tomorrow morning.

There must be a free interesting woman amonst the country bumpkins. Ask the folks around you. I'll bet they'll be glad to help you and even to get you to meet her. And for an interesting woman in these netherlands, nice catches like you are rare and few.

Do you like flyfishing? Is it possible to flyfish in your part of the world? (You don't meet women this way, but it sure is a zen way to spend a day.)

Have a good life sir