Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Should I respond to the ex's email?

WHOYODADDY0069

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up guys....

Need your opinions on something. I've been broken up with the ex whom I was with for 10 years and we broke up a year ago. I still see her every now and then at the gym, but we really don't talk since I don't feel the need to.
I admit every once in a while I think about her, but yet I'm happy being single and meeting lots of girls. We both needed our space to sort out the feelings but ever since the breakup I really don't think she would be back, so I moved on.
Today she finally emailed me to ask me how i'm doing, what i've been up to, if I got any vacation plans, how i'm enjoying the summer thus far. You know all the nosy questions girls ask to see "What's Up".
I'm at odd on whether I should respond to her. I don't hate her and I don't love her either, I just feel confused on whether to email her back. Should I wait a few days and then respond or not respond at all? Last time I responded to an email from her like the one she just sent me was around 4 months ago. Seems like she only emails me every 3-4 months to see how things are going and then I won't hear from her for another 3 months. Why should she give a shiiiit?
What's all you guys view on all this?

Disco

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she causes you no drama, then reply to her. If it's going to lead to drama or makeup talk - leave it alone.

twistedgreen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like she's just curious about how you're doing.

you may not get this but I do and so do others: you break up with someone after an extended LTM, fairly clean breakup, and while it really IS over, and you have no interest in getting back together, you are still always going to remember them and every so often wonder "I wonder what's up with her these days?" ...kind of like an old best friend from highschool who you don't have anything in common with anymore. You might not want to hang out with them now but you still have the good memories and still interested to hear their news.

I do that with two of my exes (every couple months we email each other and tell each other what's up lately) and it's worked out pretty well. It's less intimate than a phone call and we can answer an email or send one out whenever we feel like it. The couple of months thing is just the way it turned out. Sometimes it is more like 6 months, sometimes you pass a few emails back and forth in a day. I don't worry about the timing because it's no big deal to me. I would only start getting concerned if one of them started emailing me all the time, or started writing things that suggested she is trying to get back together with me. (anything a guy friend wouldn't write, for example)

Anyway it worked for me, but it might not work for you, do whatever you want with the email (including just trashing it and forgetting about it) but don't make it a bigger deal than it is