"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

She's got a guy, but should I go for the number?

MFDoom

New Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Alright guys, this is my first post here, so I'll try and keep it relativly short.

There's a chick, obviously. We work together, and we've been talking for a while. We have a good time, laughing and interesting subjects usually, she seems to laugh at my stupid jokes even. Eye contact is there, steady and usually with a smile. Playful joking occurs, occasionally with some playful pushing and hitting. So all seems well, right? Well, the boyfriend thing comes in here. With signs like these I'd usually just ask the girl out, but now I'm sort of stuck. I want to ask for a number or something, I'm just not sure if it would be weird or akward.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not blinded by this girl, so to speak. I definitly am looking for and talking to other girls. Just seems like something clicked here.

Oh well, tell me what you think guys.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

ali_g

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 15, 2002
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Go for the digits first. Take note of how easily you get the digits or if you get them at all. That'll give an indication of her interest in you before you consider asking her out.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
If a girl wanted you she would never bring her boyfriend up in convo - she is trying to humble your thoughts by telling you she is taken!!!!!
 

MFDoom

New Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Well, she only brought her boyfriend up when we first started talking. And that was only once or twice. Since then she hasn't spoken a word of him. So I figuered that was another good sign. I was just wondering if you guys would think that it might seem strange me asking for her number and all even when I know shes got a boyfriend.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

still the one

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
If i was you i would not ask for the number because since she has mentioned that she has a boyfriend early on i'm pretty certain that was a subtle hint from her telling you that she is taken and girls are quite subtle. I agree with what PuertoRican_Lover posted as well if she wanted you she would have never mentioned that she has a boyfriend but she did - not a good sign. If you go ahead with asking for her number you might destroy your friendship with her and things could be quite awkward with her after that. I suggest leaving this person alone and leave things the way they are and go after other girls. I have been in situations exactly like yours before and i asked her out and it wasn't very nice after that but maybe you have to learn from experience. Good luck.
 

Trance

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
590
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Portugal
If she is the type of screwing around, she might have mantioned she has a boyfriend cause that way u get to know it wont get serious with you, but maybe some fooling around... This chance is the least common.

Other chance she just likes to flirt a little bit to bost her ego, or she might just be outgoing and nice.

Anyway, go for it and check her reaction. While you ask her look in her eyes like saying, "oh baby, im gona give you the time of your life..."
 

Matlm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2002
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
If a girl wanted you she would never bring her boyfriend up in convo - she is trying to humble your thoughts by telling you she is taken!!!!!
I don't agree with you man. It's not so black and white. its not worth anaylizing.

To the topic poster. If you want her number then do it, if you don't, then don't ask for it. If your feeling any reservations about doing it, then don't. Any action should be spontanous.

Planning is for war, personal goals, and politics. Not for socializing.
 

Hubris

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Canada, Near TO
I'd go for it only if you have a reason to get her number.

Like maybe the work guys are going out drinking and if she'd like to come you'll need her number or something.

I think care and subtlete are needed.

However, for all you know she may be on the outs with this guy and if you aren't trying she may be scooped up by someone else.
 

Don Rageta

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 26, 2003
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Northridge California
I have never met a girl that didn't give her number specifically because she had a boyfriend. she either gives it because she wants to make him jealous, is looking to trade up, is looking to cheat, wants to raise her self esteem, wants another friend, or she doesn't because she has a low il.

ever thought she only brought up a fake boyfriend when she first met you because she needed to find out your intentions. chicks play that card all the time. if she doesn't bring him up daily than the light is green.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

MFDoom

New Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Well, I've seen the boyfriene before, so I know it wasn't a fake. She still doesn't talk about him at all though.

Conversation has been at an all time high with her as of late, getting good response to my jokes and a lot more playful hitting. Gettin' plenty of neg-hits in there too, just to keep her in place ;) .

I dunno, I'll probably be quiting this job in a few weeks or maybe a month or two to move on to new and more exciting things, so I was thinking I could get it before I leave as a way to keep in touch maybe, how does that sound?
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
If a girl wanted you she would never bring her boyfriend up in convo - she is trying to humble your thoughts by telling you she is taken!!!!!
This is just plain incorrect. Girls will even use stuff like this to PROTECT themselves because they want you but it's wrong.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
If a girl is just about to break up and leave her beau she would never tell a guy she has a b/f - she'll be on his jock! But she mentioned it twice this tells me she is ok with her b/f for now unless you have something that she is looking for that she is not getting. You have two weeks left - I would pose the question, "are you in a serious long term relationship with your b/f"if she says, "not really' then go for digits. If she says, "yes", then tell her you respect that, and leave her alone!
 
Top