R
Ranger
Guest
Alpha is a stupid and ineffectual word.^ The alpha male, ladies and gents.
You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.
For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.
Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.
The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.
Alpha is a stupid and ineffectual word.^ The alpha male, ladies and gents.
Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.
She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.
Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.
So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.
The words come later. The impression comes first.
Well let’s move on then.The lack of consistency is amazing.
I never used that word, you did:
I couldn't care less what you think is alpha to be quite honest. It's completely irrelevant. Have no idea why you keep bringing it up.
But as i say, pure idealism. No application. And willful ignorance towards what happens (or is happening) inset.
Yes. On every level.So a few weeks ago she told me that she was worried that she was pregnant, but she didn't think so. I asked her why and she said her body has just been feeling off lately and she's been nauseous. Around that time she said that wasn't sure if she wanted to stay with me or not. I asked her what she wanted, she stalled, so I broke it off. She sent me a message explaining that she was just scared and tried to push me away. I told her I would decide on what I wanted to do about our relationship. I told her I would call the next day but didn't. Then a few days later I told her the same thing and didn't call. I guess she finally got fed up so I told her I would definitely let her know on Monday if I still wanted to be with her or not. Well I didn't call on Monday. Tuesday night I sent her text saying I was sorry for not having texted her that day and that I would call her tomorrow after work. I go check on Instagram and she unfollowed me smh.
I sent her a message saying to scratch what I had just said. She put the nail in the coffin and she's childish. I said some other stuff but told her that I swear on everything I wont respond to any texts or phone calls so don't even try and then wished her good luck in life.
10 minutes later I get a text from her saying she was sorry and she took my silence as being done so she unfollowed me. Then I get another text saying she's just been freaked out because she's been worried that she's preggo and believing it was over, having to see me constantly on social media would just hurt so unfollowing me was self preservation. She apologized again. Called a few times. Sent another text saying she was sorry and she wasn't trying to be childish and I didn't understand her thought process-"to think things are over, to think you're pregrnant, and having a constant reminder would just hurt. Since I didn't hear from you I took that as as I sign that I needed to move on." She said she had tried to hint as this to me weeks ago but because we weren't talking it didn't seem like an appropriate time to bring it up and it would've looked weird if she had. Then she said that her friend had been pushing her to get a test done and then sent me a screenshot of her friend asking the day before if she got the test. She said how she's been freaked out that she thought she would have to go through the abortion alone and unfollowing me would make it easier if she didn't see me since she thought it was over. She kept texting begging me to just talk to her and she called a few more times. Her last messaged said please call me back talking about prengancy over text isn't appropriate. I never picked up or responded to her.
The next day she sends me a picture of the postive pregnancy test. She's holding the positive test in front of her toothbrush holder in her bathroom. She sent a message saying she had wanted to talk about it on Monday when I was supposed to call and said again how she wasn't being childish, and this (the pregancy) is the reason why she was freaked out. I didn't respond to her message. She sent me a DM but I never opened it. That was two days ago.
I'm not wrong here right?
How would someone do this? I mean, I kinda figured out some things but it wasn’t like I did it alone. A lot of these guys helped. And I mean a lot of them. EspeciLly on the BPD thread.I agree, alpha is a stupid term.
Must be a construct of some intellectuals...
There's only dominant or passive men. A man is inherently born into these traits, can't be made.
You can try but it's gonna make you miserable and come off as fake.
It would be best 2 recognise ur inherent trait and be effective in it.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
How would someone do this? I mean, I kinda figured out some things but it wasn’t like I did it alone. A lot of these guys helped. And I mean a lot of them. EspeciLly on the BPD thread.
Being effective with what inherent traits you have.The effectiveness or traits ?
Yes. On every level.
If you need time, just say "I need time". If she is preg. You need to at least know, IMO. Why leave it to chance? If she has it, then comes back 10 years later you have to pay big time. She can prove you ditch her by avoiding communication.
Nothing wrong with talking to her. If you wanna end it, ok just end it, but the preg. Wont go away. Best of luck.
I think a man can only be truly effective when he recognises his inherent traits.Being effective with what inherent traits you have.
Dominant vs passive
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.