Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

She keeps blurting out "We're such good friends"

Driven

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have known this girl for years, we went to school together. Things got pretty "close" one night back in school. Her and a friend were w/ me and my best friend. Things were going well until my friend decided he wanted nothing to do w/ the other girl. Then the two girl started fighting and things went down hill fast.
At one point I had gone to the bathroom and my buddy said to her "Well, you two are certainly getting along well...."
She responded "Yes, but you know I can't because of Mike"

Mike is a mutial friend of all of us that she dated. This happened well after they were no longer together. Mike and I are pretty tight and I had not got in the picture while they were together.

Enough background, fast forward to now.

Over the last several years we have seen each other at local social functions. We talk but we fight seemingly all the time. I give her a hard time, cutting many jokes at her expense. She takes glances at me quite a bit, I notice her doing so much it has started to make me feel self conscious, almost paranoid. I mean she does this A LOT.

At first it seemed to be some sort of attraction, or so I thought. She gets very defensive when talking to me but has no problem initating conversation. I find her tactics a little on the strange side, but have to wonder if I have messed this up by not saying/doing the right things after I noticed her glances.

I want to back up and add that another guy we went to school w/ was able to get close to her a few years ago. I worked away and when returned he told me a puzzling story. After seeing her for awhile, one night things were going well when right after he "got in her" she pushed him away and told him to leave.:confused:

Back to now. When I see her I always cut on her and after sll the crap she has pulled I tend to be on the harsh side I think.

Last night, both of us ended up at the same party for about the 3rd week in a row. Again we somehow got to the point of making fun of each other. There is some occasional kino.

We ended up talking and like always she fires off "we're such good friends, the animosity between us is what makes us friends, I doubt it would be this much fun if we didn't fight"

Thing is that line is a variation of what she seems to blurt out about every other time I see her. She just fires it off right in the middle of things.

Last night however she added a new twist. "We would likely get along better if you had let me drive that car"

That "car" was my T/A that was the talk of the town. Sharp looking and faster than Bill Clintons hand up a skirt, that car owned the road and all eyes. She was on me all the time about driving it. Sorry, I worked hard to pay for it(so expensive and got me in so much trouble I sold it) and simply asking won't get you behind the wheel. Besides for the unexperianced, the car could be deadly.

I have grown tired of her "crap" and that was the last straw. I thought, "gee you liked the car more than me" and w/o giving it a second thought I fired off "If you had given me head you would have probably got to drive that car."

Her response was "That's not going to happen" but not long after I get "I've been faithful to my boyfriend, he got shipped off to Fort something or other"
Funny, I never hear her speak of any boyfriend.

I know that is a lot of info but I think it is need for somebody w/ more experiance to answer my question.

What does it mean when a girl keeps saying "we're such good friends". At first I thought it meant "you did somethng to mess up and LJBF. After her blurting it out all the time I have to wonder if she is trying to say something else, or maybe trying to get me to fawn after her like I see others do.

My quick response every time is "We are?" " I didn't know we are friends"

What is going on here? I asked the king Don Juan at work and he thinkd the same way I do about it- She is strange. I have other interests than this girl but I really want to know what I'm doing to get this from her so I can avoid it in the future.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL man finally good to see a poster who's been through what I've ben through.. well anyway let me tell you after being in this situation for years the best way to get out of it is... stay the FU*K AWAY FROM THIS B!TCH!!! when she says were such good friends that means she isn't interested and your past is so messed up with her that you can't fix it. What's done is done and you've done your part right so let her fix her mistakes and you MOVE ON!!!!!

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Driven
I have grown tired of her "crap" and that was the last straw. I thought, "gee you liked the car more than me" and w/o giving it a second thought I fired off "If you had given me head you would have probably got to drive that car."
I don't know about your situation - I honestly did not have time to read the whole story or write a reply that would do it any justice.

But man, oh man, I am officially in love with that line you gave her.:D Instant classic, I say.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the harshness that you ref'd and the teasing means that you two will always be antagonistic---the situation is toxic now and you may as well move on.

PeaceDJ's blurb "...and your past is so messed up with her that you can't fix it..." struck me as a good summation of it.

Is she attracted and interested? I think so.

I've seen this recently with a woman at work who is holding a torch for her ex---they give each other dirty glances whenever they encounter each other in social situations, but everytime he text messages her she is all a-flutter and good for nothing the rest of the day. She knows it, admits it and doesn't know what to do about it.

Thing is, they have too many issues, defenses put up and snap back at each other that there really isn't much chance of them de-toxifying their interactions.

Move on. Just be pleasant and distant with her from here on out. If you can.

Driven

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it would be better if she wasn't so entertwined(LOL I think that is a word) w/ my circle of friends. We just keep running into each other.

After all the sh*t that has went down(except her) I could give flip if I see her or not. Really I just want to know what I did(if anything) to get it to this point. That way it won't happen again. I'm afraid that other women will see me w/ her and they way we go at it and think "Stay away from that guy" because it gets nasty sometimes.

On the other hand, me being the way I am to her sets me far apart from the other guys in my group. They fawn after and chase women, I wish I had time to tell some of the sh*t they pull. It's unreal. Some of them even had cross looks when I declared one c*nt a "****tease" She works them all like she has a remote, giving enough attention to each to keep them on the line. She even gave me a "test" one time; I was to save newspapers for her(some articles she likes or some BS like that). When quzzed about how many I've saved for her I replied "Not a damn one, you're welcome to come sift through my trash if it means that much to you"
She now makes a point to give me a hug or beads or some sh*t when I see her. Too bad for her I see her as a high mileage weed w**re.

Back to the task at hand. I guess I should keep working on ignoring her, which may actually draw her closer, as she is used to chasers. It would be much easier if she didn't stare. Yes, I told her to take a picture.

Ubermensch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Detroit: home of the finest ruins this side of Rom
Go out with lots of others.

Concentrate on others. If she's actually hot for you, she won't be able to hide her jealousy, and may actually be able to be seduced if you become available and want some booty.

She may be attracted to you, but your "high mileage weed wh0re" take looks dead-on.

Reaction score
go out with other women and make she sees you with them just to get mad and if she tries to tell you what are you doing or something tell her to back of bit** .

stay away from her i mean you clearly can see that she is a little psycho and man you dont want to get stuck with that.

LATEZ!!! F LOVE , LOVE TO F...

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although there appears to be some attraction between you two, I think anything between you two would be antagonistic and threaded with negativity.

You have to take a cold hard look and realise that things just wouldn't/couldn't be "right". It won't fit. If it goes this far you have to write it off and move on.

She appears to have issues, ask youself if you want to be involved with that. If her BF IS away she is likely in need of male attention.

She has some attention wh0re traits and you have acted a jerk toward her, it went beyond a certain stage. Now it's not recoverable.

----------------------------------------
Side note on attention wh0res:

Attention wh0res are often fascinated by guys who treat them badly (and so, differently from all the AFCs who worship her). The fascination lasts as long as her DESIRABILITY is not having its required effect (making you supplicate/acknowledge her desirability). She uses her desirability as a way to gain CONTROL. As soon as you validate her desirability by making a move, she has what she wants (ability to CONTROL) and the interest is lost.

That doesn't mean she will ignore you though, she will still eat up ego boosting attention from a guy she knows wants her.

Driven

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah i think she may being trying to get me to fall in line behind the other guys.

I don't really desire this girl, just want to know what is going on for future reference.

I agree she "needs male attention". Never saw this BF, wonder if it is a ploy....

TwoDollahs

Don Juan
Reaction score
We ended up talking and like always she fires off "we're such good friends, the animosity between us is what makes us friends, I doubt it would be this much fun if we didn't fight"
*sigh* The reason she is saying this is because she is interested in you, but she doesn't want to fall for you. By her saying that line above, she temporary makes you look like an AFC, which helps her lose interest in you at that moment. She says it often because you keep making her interested in you, and she resists by using that line. Yes, women are messed up.

The Legend

Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe that she was saying,"we are good friends"-is because she knows YOUR attracted to her. She doesn't want to tell you that she doesn't like you as a lover to your face,to spare your feelings. Either grab her and kiss her to see how she reacts,or leave her alone. Very simple.