"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Sex and the City

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Sydney
Another episode

I saw another episode tonight and the Mr Big character was truly interesting, more DJ than most of the blokes in here. Mind you, it is a repeat so I dont know how this character develops, so, maybe he gets all AFC.

Anyway, some of your replies are disturbing to me. What are you calling hors? How many men makes a woman a hor? I mean, you wanna be DJ's right? You wanna have sex right? So, surely you wont call every woman you sleep with a hor right?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
The show is about "sex" - it is not about women and men. When women seek sex for the mere partaking of sexual act then these are not women but rather they are hors!! Do you ever see the portrayal of a strong masculine figure on the show putting these hors in their place?? No? Of course not, because it is coming from the hor perspective where the women are strong and the men are weak, supplicating chumps who will debase themselves just to get close to the vagina - men are portrayed as desperate fools at the whim and control of the female.

This is part of the hor/homo agenda - men are weak characters and women are the strong ones in their easy and cunning manipulation of the male ego!! The show is better named "Hors and the city"!
 

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
This needs a bump, especially what PR has written - I.e. the truth.

I was out over the weekend, in a pick up type environment, and when I wasn't chatting up women, I was watching the behaviour of some of the men in this place. In short, pathetic. Jumping through hoops to get near women.

These types of places are ideal for the DJ, because we are so much different than all the other chumps in these places. I've only been to this spot 3 times or so, but I have not failed to number close once, and have had a couple of the females phone me, rather than the other way around.

But my God, I would never have noticed this chump behaviour if it weren't for this site, it literally is pathetic - I observed men kissing women's hands, dreadful pick up lines, compliments, women getting drinks for free - in short, the entire GAMUT of AFC behaviour.

What's more sickening is most of these women were nothing to write home about and many of them were so drunk it was disturbing. No doubt drunk from hustling drinks.

Whole flocks of girls out hustling drinks with no intention of getting together with the guys - likely they all had boyfriends and were just reaping the benefit of giving loser chump men even token attention.

I witnessed one guy buy an entire round of shooters for a table full of 7 girls that were about 21. They let him stay and talk to them, but not for long.
 

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
1,099
Reaction score
8
Location
Germany
It is disgusting but the war on AFCism is like the war on drugs or the war on poverty.. I don't think you can ever win it.

Dietzcoi
 

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Sydney
Its here to stay

Hey detzcoi, look at this this way. AFCism plays into the hands of non afc types, so, really, its a good thing. If it wasnt for those wankers jumping through hoops, where would we be?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2002
Messages
291
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City
Women who watch this show religiously are just really insecure deep down. As well all know, genuinely self-confident women would probably not give this show a second look. I know a couple of them. Also, women watch it because it gives them a pseudo sense of a place in society. i.e. "I watch this show, therefore I am one of these women." It's disgustingly transparent.

Either way, be DJ and it will surpass everything that this piece of sh*t show does to women.
 

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
3
Location
South Florida
Originally posted by dietzcoi
It is disgusting but the war on AFCism is like the war on drugs or the war on poverty.. I don't think you can ever win it.

Dietzcoi
That is kind of sad and I agree, but the reality is that we can only help ourselves and other men who seek the "light" of the DJ way. Almost every time I've tried to convince some hard-core AFC that he was hurting himself with his ways, I was pushed away and/or attacked. Some people like living in their own little dreamworld, even if it is like a living hell.

But like Sart says, at least those of us on the DJ path have a huge advantage over all the chumps.

Regarding the OP, I also agree that women will frequently choose the biker convict over the "Good on Paper" guy. It is all about passion and attraction. Like David D. says, attraction is not a choice, and just because a man seems "logically" good to a woman, she still won't feel that gut level attraction. Of course the good thing about being a DJ is we can be both the "Good on Paper" guy and the passion-inciting bad boy, making us that much more irresistible, especially over the long term.

In the general discussion about Sex and the City, I agree it is setting a bad example for women, but I'm on board with SheepSter in that we DJs can use the knowledge of the show against women. For example we could make them qualify themselves by implying they possess some negative quality of one of the characters ("oh stop being so uptight like <insert name of the hot brunette's character>.") Or like SheepSter says, make it seem good if they are like Samantha (aka a hor.)
 
Top