Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

serious guys vs. funny guys

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why does television industry want us to believe that serious guys are surrounded by girls and funny guys rarely get pùssy?
I just read a post by a guy who said that every man he knows who does well with ladies is a smiley funny one... i thought about it and actually, he's right...

then, cool characters are often the silent and serious ones and not the loudmouths?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long ago I was big on the 'serious' trip. BORING!!!! Now I may not be a clown, but I'm the first to get the ball rolling to help a group lighten up and have some fun. Work, club, where ever, it doesn't matter. People usually enjoy being around people that not only are in good spirits, but also help them have a good time too! :up:

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am funny and girls really like it, i am complimented about it often. On a few occasions people have said to me why do you always have to joke around cant you ever be serious, well actuly i cna be and often am, fact is you have to be what ever the situation calls for. Whne oyu need to be serious then be serious but when eveery one is relaxed be funny.

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, funny is completely, totally, and unquestionably better than serious.

I'm not a very good looking guy. I admit that to myself. But I get chicks. All the time. Why? I'm ****ing hilarious, and I'm charismatic, and they have a great time around me.

If a serious guy wants to get any, he damn well better be real good looking.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am more reserved, but I'll crack jokes with my buds from time to time.

But honestly, how many other guys you know also put on their comedian show just to impress the guys and gals.

Its like the little dog doing all the barking to prove himself, while the big dog stands silent and reserved, knowing he is respected and not having to prove himself.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you think that all of us feel that we need to prove something? Is it too hard to believe that some are actually naturally funny and it's intheir nature to enjoy being funny for their own benifit?

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
brooding in a corner will get you no where. Everyone loves to laugh. Be unlike all the drones I see everyday, with that quiet look of desperation on their faces. The same fools that ask what are you happy about, you must be whistling cus ur happy..No I'm happy cus I whistle... Laughter is the best remedy for coping with a BS life.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny and serious arent exclusive qualities, you can be both. Just because your funny doenst mean you have to be funny all the time and never shut up.

You guys watch too many stupid hollywood movies where every character is asigned one static role.

upcomingDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
sup guys this is my first post... anyways my advice would be: not to be too much of either... meaning if you're too funny, girls will label you as a clown and if you're too serious, you will come off as stuck up or something, so i say "balance" is key.

loveprefect

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
Funny and serious arent exclusive qualities, you can be both. Just because your funny doenst mean you have to be funny all the time and never shut up.

You guys watch too many stupid hollywood movies where every character is asigned one static role.
exactly...!!

i can be funny/serious...you will never know:crackup:

StrangeButTrue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well of course you have to be serious sometimes, like when you lay down the law to pass a test.

But most of the time, I get by fine by being hilarious, but throwing in the ****y advances to let 'em know you're not just a clown.

TJSmitty

Reaction score
Now, in all honesty, it depends entirely on the situation. The guys I see who can not only bag a woman, but KEEP them interested, are only "funny" guys a quarter of the time. They know when to be funny, and they know how to give a woman a good time with lots of laughs, but they also know how to have good clean discussion and keep it serious when nature calls. They maintain balance, which a woman needs. Being a constant clown can attract many to you, but they will undoubtedly hope to find a "deeper", mysterious side of you as well.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know this one guy who APPEARS serious 90% of the time, when, in reality, he's always joking. he's known to be probably the funniest guy in town and everybody knows him (i live in a town of 400.000+ people:)). the strange thing is that i never saw him laughing. he's smiling 80% of the times, otherwise he's serious.

anyway, you can never tell when he's poking fun at you or when he's actually serious. sometimes he makes people believe his own mother is at the hospital, when she's not... something like that...

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm tired of people fvcking around with me because I can't tell when they're being serious or not.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I could be percieved both since I've got dry sense of humor. I can be funny among my friends but if you met me on the street you'd think I'm a serious type.