Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sammo's Ramblings: Friends and teasing

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
High school is a particularly fragile time for the average teenager, a common problem for ALOT of teens is the teasing that goes on, it can literally make their life a living hell. It's not fair, noone should have to put up with that kind of crap from anyone, everyone deserves respect. Well as alot of people know, life isn't fair, some people do get respect but some dont. This post is going to be dedicated to helping you gain the respect that you deserve from your peers.

What I have come to realise is that there are alot of different angles and variables that come with this topic of conversation and there is no "one size fits all" solution. I know you guys would like simple answer, we all do, but there isnt one.. There are 2 different sections im going to cover one is the skills and aptitudes that you can develop to help you and the other is covering all the angles that people can tease you from.

Skills and aptitudes

Humour and a quick wit
I bet you guys knew this was going to come up, good come back lines are always good and can help in almost ALL situations. Watch a whole load of comedys and LEARN some jokes, i know alot of people dont tell you to do this but some jokes are so easy to pull off and they get people laughing. Once you get people laughing you realise how easy it is and you can develop the art of timing and quick wit that will help you IMMENSELY.

Physical appearance
If you incease in size then people meeting you for a first time will naturally be trying to get on your good side, however this does not work on people you all ready know but i will cover them later.

Fearless personallity
When you are seen doing things that other people would never dream of then other people naturally back down and be submissive to you because you did something that they think they are uncapable of. I love the quote "Actions speak louder then words" because its so true, especially in this sence. Other people will back down because you arent afraid to do what they can only speak of.

Different angles

Being teased by an acquaintance
By acquaintance i mean someone that you know, but is not a friend. These are ussually the people that piss you off the most when they tease you because you have no idea why they do it and they just dont stop. They ussually try to do it in a big group of people to try and make everyone laugh at you, this is when you should use your quick wit, if you can make everyone laugh at him when he tryed to make a joke on you, then you as good as gold. Also around these guys, just dont talk to them.. Talk to everyone else, but not him. Under NO circumstances should you try to "make up" and be nice to them. If they start being friendly to you then you can forgive them and return the favour, they need to earn your respect not the other way around.

Being teased by a close friend
Please, Please, PLEASE, realise the difference between insulting and playful teasing. A playful joke is all right, if you have a good come back line then say it and turn the joke around, its all in good fun. If you can't think of a come back line then dont worry about it just laugh it off because your just kidding around. Just remember to get your friend back later with a good line, doenst matter when just make sure you do or else they might make a habit of it. If your friend consistently teases you then your going to have to do something about it, good comeback lines are the best as always but if it doesnt stop then just stop talking to them. If they still try to tease you then just give him a comeback line and leave it at that. Dont get cut or angry, be outgoing and friendly to everyone else, just dont talk to that particular guy.

Being teased by a complete stranger
This can get ugly, just remember DONT BE AFRAID. That is all i can say to you, if they pay you out then pay them out back but make it good and funny, if they are a lot bigger then you or there are lots of them then dont be afraid but dont be ****en stupid either. Just keep eye contact for a while and keep walking.

There you go guys, hope it helped...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sammo
Being teased by a complete stranger
This can get ugly, just remember DONT BE AFRAID. That is all i can say to you, if they pay you out then pay them out back but make it good and funny, if they are a lot bigger then you or there are lots of them then dont be afraid but dont be ****en stupid either. Just keep eye contact for a while and keep walking.

There you go guys, hope it helped...
This is where being quick on your feet comes in handy...If they give you a right jab with a phrase, knock thier asses out with an uppercut of a comeback.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive been waiting for something like this. Its a good post.

Being teased by an acquaintance
By acquaintance i mean someone that you know, but is not a friend. These are ussually the people that piss you off the most when they tease you because you have no idea why they do it and they just dont stop. They ussually try to do it in a big group of people to try and make everyone laugh at you, this is when you should use your quick wit, if you can make everyone laugh at him when he tryed to make a joke on you, then you as good as gold. Also around these guys, just dont talk to them.. Talk to everyone else, but not him. Under NO circumstances should you try to "make up" and be nice to them. If they start being friendly to you then you can forgive them and return the favour, they need to earn your respect not the other way around.
These are the ones who I have problems with the most.

I am not good with comebacks and my wit is almost non-existant.

Usually when an aquaintance does this I just get nervous as hell and I get an adrenaline rush because I have just been joked on and since I get nervous it fogs up my mind so its harder for me to make a good comeback.

By the way what is a good comeback for someone calling you a b1tch.

This kid last week said while I was getting a book off of a desk, he was behind me and he said "move b1tch!"

What do I say after he says that?

"watch your mouth, don't call me a b1tch" would usually escalate into a fight because then the attacker would say "what you gonna do about it!?"

of course the perfect thing to say after the attacker asks what am I going to do about it is "say it again and see what happens"

Its like they WANT to fight.

Its not fair that if I demand respect I have to fight for it. I have before but I am older now and I don't feel like fighting anymore.

Last edited:

RedHerring

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ Nice. Just what I was going to say ;)

Well the top part anyway. Up until after he quoted Sammo.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Boricua mate i think what you have to do is RELAX. Look at the world from a different angle and see the humour in things, watch alot of comedy central and stand up comedys, this however will not work unless you relax and let yourself laugh at the jokes.

When someone says "Move *****" why do you automatically think its a cue that he wants to fight you? It is probably him tryna look cool. I remember when a kid in the grade below me told me to 'move fagget' in front of all these chicks because he couldnt get past me, i had no clue what to do and tryed to be humourous. The best thing i could think of the time was to stop dead in my tracks and look at him with a smile on my face and say "Righto mate, I'll move.. right after I tie my shoe laces" and then started doing up my shoes. When i finished i said "sorry for taking so long" and reached out my hand to shake his hand (He had a broken collar bone at the time and his arm was in a sling) then i stopped for a minute with a confused look on my face and was like "oh... sorry" in a joking way. The girls started laughing at him and he went all red and sat back down, he choked and had nothing to say.

All i did was just treat it like a joke and relax a little bit, you get to uptight.

Eventide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bobby: Move b!tch!

Eventide (huge teeth baring smile): :D Well Bobby, it is quite obvious that you have low self esteem, and if your childish attempts to insult me make you feel better about yourself and help you forget about your sexually abused childhood, then by all means, continue. :D

Eventide walks away laughing...

BWSL2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if he says "move, b1tch," I would give him a light shove so he takes a step back, and then say "there you go. I moved the b1tch."

Oh, wait, you want to avoid fights? Hmm..

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to the chance of this being deleted due to time, Matrix has requested me to bump this for it to stay in the High School bible. Thank you.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been having a problem with this one kid in study hall. I'm a junior and he's a senior. I'm about 5'5 140 lbs. and hes like 5'10 210lbs. Well anyways like whenever I'm on the computer he comes up behind me and hits me in the back of the head hard. But I don't really know how to react after he does it. I know I can take care of him because I'm a black belt in karate and I'm pretty good at it. I know I shouldn't fight him in school because I'll get suspended or something but I'm getting so sick of this. Then today I dropped a book on the ground so I bend over to pick it up and he's of course walking by and tries to kick my book but hits my hand and breaks a couple of fingernails.

So what do you think I should say after he does this next time or should I just fight him?

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bud_2005
I've been having a problem with this one kid in study hall. I'm a junior and he's a senior. I'm about 5'5 140 lbs. and hes like 5'10 210lbs. Well anyways like whenever I'm on the computer he comes up behind me and hits me in the back of the head hard. But I don't really know how to react after he does it. I know I can take care of him because I'm a black belt in karate and I'm pretty good at it. I know I shouldn't fight him in school because I'll get suspended or something but I'm getting so sick of this. Then today I dropped a book on the ground so I bend over to pick it up and he's of course walking by and tries to kick my book but hits my hand and breaks a couple of fingernails.

So what do you think I should say after he does this next time or should I just fight him?
what a fag man, screw that.

get all your friends together, find him somewhere, and beat him unconcious. no weapons, just have 2 people hold him down while you beat the **** out of him(keep him standing).

there are almost certainly domestic problems at work here, but he still needs to be taught a lesson.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wish I had read this post before

I got suspended for a day because I punched this a$$hole in the face. If i would have read this post I would not have had to do this.

My friends did not help either even after asking at least 3 times so I said "Fukc you " right to their faces and have not talked to them since.

Damn those pre-Don Juan Days

Everyone should read the Sammo's Ramblings. It is some good sh!t

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34519