"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Sammo's next step: mental toughness

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Nothing really for me to do, although it sounds like a good idea. First of all, I never masturbated, I had the urge to when I was 16 or so but I decided that it was gross and didn't do it, and after a while just didn't have the urge anymore. I wake up at 6 anyway, and waking up at 5 is pointless. I go to the gym regularly where I do everything except jogging, but I walk to school 3 miles every day and back so it replaces jogging. As for bad habits like playing video games, I used to play them all day long until the end of last year. Then one day I just decided that it was retarded, and now I only play once a month or so, I never watched TV to begin with.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Ballistik
Gav, that ain't a big deal. I told my doctor that no matter how early I go to bed, I always feel terrible if I get up before 9:30 or so. He said some teenagers are just biologically built with very odd sleep mecahnisms, and will find it hard to radically alter their sleep even if they get the same total amount.
ok, cheers for that info man.

i'm gonna have to start making a big effort. the bad thing is that whenever i wake up, i feel like a completely different person from the guy the night before who wanted to wake up earlier.

R3N3G4D3, if that's true, you're my hero
 

Da Game

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 3, 2003
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
WA State
For mental toughness, I suggest psychedelic drugs. I've had some pretty crazy trips, and after that, not much makes me nervous/sad/angry/whatever. Honestly, who cares about some girl acting dumb when 3 days ago you weren't even sure if you were human and/or alive? Obviously this isn't for everyone, but perhaps it's worth considering. I think hallucinogenic drugs can be a valuable path of growth for a lot of people, DJs included.
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
For mental toughness, I suggest psychedelic drugs. I've had some pretty crazy trips, and after that, not much makes me nervous/sad/angry/whatever. Honestly, who cares about some girl acting dumb when 3 days ago you weren't even sure if you were human and/or alive? Obviously this isn't for everyone, but perhaps it's worth considering. I think hallucinogenic drugs can be a valuable path of growth for a lot of people, DJs included.
you've got to be kidding

you're numbing yourself to the pleasure of living by taking those
 

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
235
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
Originally posted by Da Game
For mental toughness, I suggest psychedelic drugs. I've had some pretty crazy trips, and after that, not much makes me nervous/sad/angry/whatever. Honestly, who cares about some girl acting dumb when 3 days ago you weren't even sure if you were human and/or alive? Obviously this isn't for everyone, but perhaps it's worth considering. I think hallucinogenic drugs can be a valuable path of growth for a lot of people, DJs included.
Thats one of the best tips I've heard in a long time. Cause we all know that it's the stoners that get all the chicks and make all the money.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top