Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rucking backpack recommendations.

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ruined my heavy duty back pack today on a hike. 50 pound of sand in bags. Old backpack gave it up half way through a 2-1/2 mile hike.

Looking for a durable USA made rucking backpack.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
There are so many. One day ruck packs are plentiful. A three day ruck is a different matter altogether. Stick with proven rucks. There’s a lot of sales spoof out there as startups try to get into the market.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I cannot day enough good things about Osprey. USA company. The bigger packs carry heavy loads great. Superior hip belts. Try it I was a long time Arc Teryx guy till switching to Osprey 3 years ago

Reactions: ERB

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score

This is probably what I really need. I have a state park near my house that has trails with hills and valleys. I have taken up weighted walking/hiking. Probably better balanced than backpack with sand bags.

Any other input on this subject gentlemen?

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your goal?
I’m not able to lift weights right now. I have an issue with a shoulder and limited flexibility in calves. I started walking last month after quitting smoking( 86 days cold turkey).

Goal is to get my a$$ active. I am comfortable with walking. Regular walks didn’t challenge me so I decided to add weight. I’ll adjust goals as I go. Legs are loosening up, I’ll add squats around 1st of the year. Shoulder feeling better, using a gyroscope ball.

Short history about me.... Few years ago I decided that 300 pounds was not good. Lost 100 pounds in a approximately 14 months with low carb. I have been hanging around 210 pound mark consistently. The next step is to loose last bit of visible weight and gain muscle.

I’m 5 foot 11 inches
207 pounds this morning

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m gonna argue the backpack is better than weighted vest. Why? Because if it’s a good pack that fits right 2/3 rrds of the weight will be carried on your hips via the hip belt. Not your shoulders.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Instead of using sandbags i would personally fill my pack with end of world shtf type situation. Make it a moderate weight like 35lbs fully kitted out.

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't bother with civilian packs. Get an ALICE or a MOLLE. Plenty of old ALICE packs around.

Picked up an ALICE pack last week. Fits and feels great. I’m going to buy a weighted vest also and alternate between the two.