Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Roy Jones Jr V Antonio Tarver 3

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its on, October 2nd.

Thoughts and opinions?

This should be a classic! Or at least on paper and have a huge lead up of hype!

I think Roy is past it, he has not looked impressive for years, Tarver on the other hand, started later, and seems to just be peaking now.

I will take Tarver by another brutal KO. Roy has lost his speed, timing, confidence and mind by the looks of it. He is in no physical or mental shape to beat a dangerous, well schooled, powerful fighter like Antonio Tarver. That being said however, I really hope Roy can pull something out of the hat and win this fight.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roy Jones

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like RJJ. He is annoyingly ****y. Muhammed Ali was popular because he was ****y & funny. Ali was acting ****y to be a performer/crowd pleaser. Roy Jones is just arrogant.

Tarver by KO.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bradshaw
I don't like RJJ. He is annoyingly ****y. Muhammed Ali was popular because he was ****y & funny. Ali was acting ****y to be a performer/crowd pleaser. Roy Jones is just arrogant.

Tarver by KO.
You ever met Roy? Nobody I have ever heard of said he was ****y to or arrogant to them................

Just a thought

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CLOONEY
You ever met Roy? Nobody I have ever heard of said he was ****y to or arrogant to them................

Just a thought
I usually do not make judgements against people. It's just that I have seen a few fights were he humiliated opponents (dropping hands), who he was ranked way higher than. It is one thing to drop your hands against opponents who have a chance of knocking you out, and it is another thing to drop your hands on an opponent whos vegas odds of winning are 200:1. To me, that isn't showmanship, that is arrogance.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bradshaw
I usually do not make judgements against people. It's just that I have seen a few fights were he humiliated opponents (dropping hands), who he was ranked way higher than. It is one thing to drop your hands against opponents who have a chance of knocking you out, and it is another thing to drop your hands on an opponent whos vegas odds of winning are 200:1. To me, that isn't showmanship, that is arrogance.
No way, that is pure showmanship! It is awesome to see him do that, like against Glen Kelly, when he did the chicken dance, put his hands behind his back, and then knocked him down and "out" on the counter!

Although, I do see what you mean, and it would be easy to perceive him as arrogant. I just felt like a debate :) And pointing out the fact that EVERYONE who has met him in person says his one of the nicest guys you could ever meet!

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is amazing how people love underdogs. That is the first time Roy will be an underdog, or at least convincingly, so everyone is rooting for him as the emotional favorite. He has been humbled, and is not as arrogant during his HBO commentaries as he was before.

People have a new image of Roy Jones; but when it really comes down to it, it will just be Jones and Antonio Tarver in there, and that's where Tarver will take charge.

Expect an outcome somewhere between both fights, Tarver dominating, but probably not a huge, brutal KO, because Jones will use his bike and his speed to avoid the KO.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i cant predict this one yet.... but I agree with you Clooney. Roy is not arrogant and the fact that he does those taunts is pure showmanship.

Bradshaw
By doing dangerous things like putting his hands behind his head he is giving his lesser opponent a chance. I think that takes a lot of balls.

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn’t entirely the dropping of the hands that made me think he was arrogant. It was mainly his post fight interview.

(I can’t remember which fight it was, or when it was, so the following quote is paraphrased from my own recollection)

After his victory against some unknown fighter, RJJ goes on camera and starts saying things like “He isn’t even a has been, he is a never was & and a never will be!” "That guy had absolutely no business being in the ring with Roy Jones", etc.

To me, it made him look very bad. The other fighter had a better chance of winning the lottery than the fight. Why the need to humiliate him? In fights like this one, dropping the hands is disrespecting the other opponent, not placing himself in harms way. Other fighters have dropped their hands, but it was done to awe the crowd.

If you drop your hands against a fighter who odds makers say is ranked higher than you: that takes balls. If you drop your hands against an opponent who admitted before the fight that he probably wouldn’t win, but that he would at least give it his all: that takes no class.

Bradshaw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh yes, I forgot... It is difficult to tell when someone is being factitious in written text (re: hot or not). It probably makes it even more difficult to tell when you are a moron.

Wack off....

jackass.

--------------
Half Man - Half-a-little-too-fvcking-sensitive-about-my-hot-or-not-score