Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

REIT (Real Estate Investment Trusts)

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't read anything except OP, but REITS are strongly correlated to the share trends. At least in my country.
That's beacause REITS are fonds with real-estate companies.

If you want to have s.th. uncorrelated to shares, buy a real estate. If you can diversify enough with a bought real estate. Else buy only ETF covering global economy. Diversified and good % increase

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Didn't know CT lets you get 2 months up front, you are right I've always heard only a month. I remember my friend kept having to bring him to court, and then he would pay and just keep delaying the process. He said it isn't easy to kick a tenant out so they know how to work the system.
You have a lawyer write the lease boilerplate with rules. Any rule which is broken is a lease violation. Thus, you get them ousted on a lease violation instead of missed rent. Much easier and quicker. Even worked during COVID. Only had to do this once though. NY used to be 2 months as well, but Crooked Cuomo changed it to 1 month. CT is 2 months, and NJ is 1.5 months. I still have some properties in Westchester, NJ, but I am thinking of selling them off as well due to the NY draconian laws which were passed. The COVID BS that NY pulled was pretty sh!tty too. Again, writing a lease in a particular way did shield some. If I can get good tenants on HAP or section 8, I'd take them too. Never really had a problem with any; side from inside NY State. CT and NJ must give you 90 days notice, NY 2 weeks notice which always ends in an eviction.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have a lawyer write the lease boilerplate with rules. Any rule which is broken is a lease violation. Thus, you get them ousted on a lease violation instead of missed rent. Much easier and quicker. Even worked during COVID. Only had to do this once though. NY used to be 2 months as well, but Crooked Cuomo changed it to 1 month. CT is 2 months, and NJ is 1.5 months. I still have some properties in Westchester, NJ, but I am thinking of selling them off as well due to the NY draconian laws which were passed. The COVID BS that NY pulled was pretty sh!tty too. Again, writing a lease in a particular way did shield some. If I can get good tenants on HAP or section 8, I'd take them too. Never really had a problem with any; side from inside NY State. CT and NJ must give you 90 days notice, NY 2 weeks notice which always ends in an eviction.
Interesting... What's an example of a lease violation that can be written in you can enforce if they miss a payment? Like I said this tenant would keep going to court he was close to being evicted and then would pay the minimum back rent owed and keep repeating the process...

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Interesting... What's an example of a lease violation that can be written in you can enforce if they miss a payment? Like I said this tenant would keep going to court he was close to being evicted and then would pay the minimum back rent owed and keep repeating the process...
Depends on the state. Unauthorized pets, destruction of property, not properly maintaining the unit, smoking, pot, etc.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the state. Unauthorized pets, destruction of property, not properly maintaining the unit, smoking, pot, etc.
Does the landlord have a right to come inside and inspect? I feel like there is a privacy law around that protecting the tenant.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd always considered those (inverse REIT ETF) as a hedge against falling real estate prices.

But for regular investing, getting in and out of a REIT is far easier than getting in and out of actual land.

Different reasons for different people.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Does the landlord have a right to come inside and inspect? I feel like there is a privacy law around that protecting the tenant.
Always, for an emergency. However, non-emergency, 24 hour notice should be fine. You must note this in your lease. I rarely bother my tenants. Only go when I am called.