Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Redskins considering name change

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The rest of the world is laughing at Americans even more...

You can make any word offensive these days. You're never going to please everyone unfortunately.

I really wish we could go back to the "sticks and stones may break my bones but names can't hurt me" society. Everyone was more calm back then and people knew how to ignore words and fist fights solved a lot of things too. Now you got butt hurt weaklings threatening lawsuits as their only strength because they aren't real men and can't fight, coinciding with how woman do things. Bring back the 'say it to my face and duke it out days. Only baby boomers and Gen X will probably remember those days.

As far as this specifically, changing names is just a political and PR move. If government really wanted to do something for the Native Americans, forget name changes and just give them back more land. I'm sure they would much rather have that. My $.02
Millennials are a sissified generation. By the 1990s, when the Millennials were in their formative years in school, the schools were ineffective at doling out harsh discipline, and there was no harsh discipline for anything. At the same time, the schools highly discouraged physical fighting and there were threats of suspensions that could impact permanent records and college admissions. Millennials were pushed into the college track more than previous generations, and college was the holy grail.

You're exactly right that this is a PR move. It's a saving face move. The Washington football team was squeezed by the sponsors and retailers. Daniel Snyder needed the merchandise money and if Walmart, Target, and Nike weren't selling Redskins apparel, that's a loss of money. If FedEx was not going to pay the team the naming rights annual payment and sponsorship money, that's a loss of money. If Pepsi wasn't going to pay sponsorship money, that's a loss.

Washington Swamp Rats?
In the mid-1990s, the NBA's New Jersey Nets nearly changed their name to the New Jersey Swamp Dragons.

When the New Jersey Nets moved back to New York City in 2012, they should have gone back to New York Nets instead of Brooklyn Nets. The Nets were the New York Nets during their 1970s heyday in the ABA.

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Millennials are a sissified generation. By the 1990s, when the Millennials were in their formative years in school, the schools were ineffective at doling out harsh discipline, and there was no harsh discipline for anything.
How about the Washington Millenials? Instead of the Lombardi, they all get a participation trophy every year.

When the New Jersey Nets moved back to New York City in 2012, they should have gone back to New York Nets instead of Brooklyn Nets. The Nets were the New York Nets during their 1970s heyday in the ABA.
New York Nets sounds a heckuva lot better than Brooklyn Nets.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about the Washington Millenials? Instead of the Lombardi, they all get a participation trophy every year.

New York Nets sounds a heckuva lot better than Brooklyn Nets.
The Washington football team hasn't done much since the 1991 season. They've spent 3 decades just deserving participation trophies. That sounds a lot like 1980s born Millennials.

The New York Nets were awesome for the 3 years that they had Julius Erving in the 1970s. They've been mostly inept since then, except for fleecing the Phoenix Suns in the Jason Kidd trade in Summer 2001, which led to Finals berths in 2002 and 2003.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The New York Nets were awesome for the 3 years that they had Julius Erving in the 1970s.
I thought it was cool when New York had the Jets, the Mets, and the Nets. They had a theme going on there.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It meant more to me than just football. I was a Redskins fan because of my grandfather, who meant a lot to me when he was around. This makes me feel cold toward this whole country.
It's not the whole country man. It's the left. The left is determined to destroy everything.

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For instance the Slavs get their name from the word slave. Maybe we should cancel them.
No, they don't. The ethnonym was already mentioned in the 6th century AD. It's derived from the word "slovo" or "word", implying "people who speak".

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The Washington Gender-Fluid Native Tribal LGBTQ+ Warriors"

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the whole country man. It's the left. The left is determined to destroy everything.
The far left is. The moderate left is going along for the ride because they think they will benefit, at least in the short term. Like the Portland mayor.
Everyone else is standing back letting the radicals destroy the country because they are too cowardly to stand up against them, or to even speak out.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The far left is. The moderate left is going along for the ride because they think they will benefit, at least in the short term. Like the Portland mayor.
Everyone else is standing back letting the radicals destroy the country because they are too cowardly to stand up against them, or to even speak out.

Just like Mayor Durkan in Seattle. She thought she could gain political brownie points by pretending like she sympathizes with the CHAZ/CHOP morons.....until they showed up at her house for a protest.... The Seattle city council just voted to defund the police but it's expected that Durkan will veto the motion...... Her "summer of love" comment really came back to haunt her....

A similar thing is happening in Minneapolis where the city council voted to defund the police but Mayor Jacob Frey is expected to veto it. Even if he didn't veto it, the next step will be to go on a general ballot where the voting public will likely vote against it anyways....

All these "defund the police" movements are nothing more than political theater, these city council members know that it won't happen but they pass the measure to gain political brownie points.

Like I've always said: when their own personal wealth and privilege is at stake, these White suburban liberals will show their true colors......

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Washington Redskins name should have remained. Daniel Snyder had no balls.

Washington Commanders isn't as good as Washington Redskins.