Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Recovery Drinks.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what do YOU guys drink right after working out?

I got this soy powder from a store recently:
CONTAINS / 100g

energy: 1675kj/400kcal
protein: 39g
carbohydrates: 16g
fats: 20g
fiber*: 12g
b1-vitamin: 0.6mg
b2-vitamin: 0.3mg
niasin*: 2mg
pantoteneacid*: 1,5mg
pyridoksine*: 0.5mg
natrium: 0.01g
calsium: 210mg
magnesium: 240mg
iron* (Fe): 7mg
zink* (Zn): 4mg

*:the stuff I'm not sure what the proper engilsh term is...

Well, when making 0.5 liter this stuff, there's only 1.5dl soy powder needed and this powder is light...

The whole bag is only 375grams and I think there's only one liter (10dl) in the package.

So 0.5 liter with this amount 1.5dl of soy powder and 0.5 liter of water won't really work as a recovery drink...
It is needed to use larger amount of soy powder and propably mix it with milk.

I'm going to try this stuff next time I'm working out.
Oh, btw. The taste isn't really good but what the hell... ;)

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JESUS! How many times does this have to be covered?

Throw your soy out. Whey protein and carbs (half maltodextrin, half dextrose or glucose). Carb to protein ratio of about 2-3:1. I usally get at least 30g of whey isolate (VP2) plus the requisite carbs. Add glutamine and creatine plus at least a gram of vitamin C if you so desire.

Be sure to mix with plenty of water or juice (juice acceptable as simple carbs) NOT milk.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.. That sounds better. :D
I'm a newbie when talking about bulking up really..

There's the other fact that it's hard to collect information from english resources when I need to find the right things on finnish later.

I wonder what whey is in finnish etc.
You buy all this from a drug store?

Thanks from your advice anyways..

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Templeton,

I am pretty certain you should not mix glutamine (as L-glutamine) with Creatine, as they both compete for the same substrate carriers (Take atleast 1.5 hours apart). Otherwise, as always, you're advice is right-on. Keep posting Templeton, because you, K-Daddy, and Diesel are the only H&F forum poster's that I read.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Appreciate the support! You got me thinking now. I am sure there is no problem mixing the two but I will look this up again and post back.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unbridled: After a quick read around it does seem there is truth in what you say, at least with regard to l-glutamine as opposed to glutamine peptides.

But....http://www.t-mag.com/articles/186nutri.html

Beradi usually has his finger on the pulse and is ahead of the game in this area in my view. Maybe he specifically means glutamine peptides but I doubt if he would make such an oversight. Furthermore, many whey products include glutamine peptides so in such an instance it becomes a moot point.

Either way it doesn't really matter as glutamine is most important at other times - i.e. before bed on an empty stomach - possibly first thing am in the same way.

Lately I have been taking the l-glutamine powder sublingually (under the tongue) to hopefully maximise absorbtion, so due to this alone I am not including it with anything else.