Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

rare that I do this

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanna know what you guys think. This is a rough track. I was talking with a friend about how some more popular dance tracks could be done with live instruments instead of being just limited to turntables and keyboards. Although I DJ I also have a background in live performing. Out of this discussion came a challenge.. The song that was decided on was praise you by fatboy slim.

This is the rough rythym track that has been written so far. I did the guitars, the bass, the drums, and the keyboard sequencing. Still to come will be much lead guitars to play the 303 keyboard tracks in the original song, some beat boxing, some samples for background vocals, and of course the lead vocals which will be done with a male voice in this version..

Listen to the rough rythym tracks and let me know what you think..

Praise you , The Hypoxia Version

Hypoxia II

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The sound sounds sketchy :eek:
Maybe its just the recording :/
As for the song, It gets pretty damn repetitive after 30 seconds, especially without any singing and just instruments. Doesn't have much feel to it at all, personally i don't rate it much. 5/10:cheer:

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The drums are sequenced right? They don't sound live. Which is fine when you're sequencing everything, but when its the only thing not live, it kind of sounds wierd.

The bass player doesn't know where the beat is. The drums are always exactly on the beat, which is great, but it serves to showcase that the bass is off here and there. They don't lock in.

The thing about playing someone else's song is that you need to do something to make it your own. There's no point in playing it EXACTLY like they played it. And it shouldn't be that hard to make it your own when you're playing something programmed in a live setting. Everyone who plays an instrument has signature things about their playing that will naturally come out if you let them. Just let those trite licks you play all the time when you practice comeo out when you play. That's how people know its you.

Have you ever heard of being "in the pocket?" Its definately a concept that would help your playing.

The mixing wasn't bad though. Nothing stood out sonically. Which is nice.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
It obviously can be done, but the question is, does it sound better? In my opinion, no.

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hypoxia II
This is a rough track.
I guess I didn't stress the above enough.

Yes, it is sketchy. No, it isn't "in the pocket". Yes, the drum flow off right now because they are on a BPM clock and haven't been synched with the live tracks. However, your responses were on track with what I was looking for.

Thanks,
Hypoxia II