Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rapid Deterioration

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason, if I skip a day of lifting, my gains quickly disappear. What can I do to prevent this?

------------------
"Ben Affleck is not a homosexual; he just plays one in the bathhouse."

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry dude, you're not giving us the whole story.

Your gains will not disappear if you skip a day of lifting. However, regularly skipping a day of lifting, eating like a pud, and not getting enough sleep are probably more likely culprits.

Which is it?

D

Tryin to Grow a Chin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I do light lifting daily and a more intensive workout three days a week. I eat a high-protein, low-carb diet, drink plenty of water, and usually sleep at least seven hours a night. Nonetheless, I've noticed that when I slack just a little, maybe for a couple of days, my muscles get smaller and my gut regenerates. It's amazing, really, how fast my body changes its shape. Either that or I have a distorted body image. I was simply wondering, what's the best way to keep your gains?

------------------
"Ben Affleck is not a homosexual; he just plays one in the bathhouse."

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's your mind playing games..

1. stop this "light lifting" every day. It's girlie bullshyt. Your muscles grow when resting. 4 sessions a week, 5 tops. period.. Lift like a fukking man.

2. as to all that other shyt. It's in your head. "My gut regenerates in a day?? Please..

3. up your carbs. your muscles have no glycogen in them.. that's why they look flat and you seem to "lose your gains" or whatever that is, which are probably minimal given you are probably not eating enough carbs to actually let your body use protein for muscle building and repair.

D

[This message has been edited by DIESEL (edited 10-28-2002).]

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with Diesel, just wanted to add that it happens to me too, sometimes I drink a lot of water & I seen to ahve a big gut, some other days I look flat but it's just temporarly...
That's because of the ammount of water & carbs you have inside & some other unknown (for me) factors, so don't stress it.
Also, what's your goal? Lose fat or gain muscle.
Remember you can't get both at the same time.