Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

[Rant]Why is everyone else I know so boring?

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bit of a rant upon my part, tell me if you know what I mean as well. :)
Hopefully some people will find some use from activities I have done or thought of doing....

I am feeling really discontented lately, not unhappy, or sad...but discontented.

There is a real lack of action in my life at the minute, all I do is my university work, my part time job (which i am really growing to despise.) or stay in and watch films / surf the net.

I DESPISE ROUTINE AND I HATE CONFORMITY.
I am extremely restless as an individual and I hate the feeling of wasting and losing time.

I am quite adventurous and interesting, and the staleness of my life is really getting me down at the minute.
My plans for the summer, to do some independent travel around France, Switzerland and Italy have been derailed, and that has pissed me off as well.

I am coming rapidly to the conclusion that I am going to have to start doing things on my own, this is not good for a people person like myself!

I have no girlfriend, and probably no prospects at the minute.

However Plenty of things are good.

My University work has never been better.
My DJing and Self Improvement is really paying off, my Social skills and charm have never been better, the only area that isn't making any progress is fitness / body.
I actually have some money to buy some cool stuff with.

...but I never seem to get much cool stuff done, the town I currently live in, Kingston Upon Hull (where I am studying), is a complete sh1tehole, there is nothing to do except stay in or drink and that is getting boring.

All my housemates are either boring or overworked, they never do anything except stay in and work, I actually plan my time and as a result do have some work pressures, but nothing major.

My friends are broke because they don't work, and just rely on their student loans, some of them can also be quite boring, but a good few are fun to go out with.

My university is quite small, compared to the huge university of Hull next door, as a result my universities social scene is a lot more restricted, I meet next to no girls on my course and not many interesting people.

(The one on my course I did meet had a bit of chemistry with me, but she has a bf though, and she said how come you are different to all the other guys in the computing department, they are all afraid to talk to her! :))

No one is willing to come to the big universities union with me, where there are people we could get to know, plus attractive and intelligent young ladies are practically a natural resource there, I know a few people there from work, but I don't really know them well enough to go round there on my own.

It's driving me nucking futs.
I have thought of plenty of cool stuff to do....here's a quick list ;D

Ice skating, Take a car down to the beach town about 10mins away, go watch the philharmonic orchestra, do taekwondo, go working out, go to the local pubs in a quaint little village nearby, form a band, go to the local art gallery, go for a coffee at a nearby coffee shop, go watch a play at the Hull University Theatre, go to Glastonbury, watch the Ice Hockey, go bowling, play badminton, go bike riding, learn another language, go travelling, read some interesting books, do something creative like painting or drawing, learn an instrument such as guitar or violin, go watch a foreign film, go camping in the woods, do an animation, fix something, cook an interesting meal from a recipe book and everything ;)...and loads more!

None of my friends have any imagination, and the ones that claim they are overworked seem to find plenty of time to watch TV or sleep 16 hrs.

Out of the people I know, am I the only one who wants to actually do something a little more interesting with his life?
In the summer I wanted to do some travelling and next summer go on a graduate program like BUNAC for America or TEFL based courses, or work at a youth hostel in another country.
A big plan of mine is to get a VW Camper van and take that around Europe sometime in the next 2 years.

Rant over....what do you think?
I think their was a post simlar to this sometime ago.

Lion - Bored, Bored, Bored.

Bungo Pony

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well Lionheart, if you spend your life waiting for people, you're gonna grow old and die. Personally, I love the image of one man going out on his own with nobody else, on a mission to make some changes. The man who doesn't need anyone to back him up; he has the power to do it all himself.

Your ideas sound great, now pick one and work toward it! You'll feel an incredible amount of achievement afterward. Nothing else can give you that feeling.

....and I believe it was RKTek who made a similar post.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen BP! I feel for this guy but nothing like going after the gusto alone and living life passionately. Each day a new adventure. Hell, if I waited for others all my life.. I wouldn't never be where I am today. Born alone die alone.. what's it going to be.. sit at home and wait or make your own fun.

Great post:)

PS Of course my DJ experience was an acute reminder of this lesson. Eek.

donny osmond

Don Juan
Reaction score
"go to Glastonbury"

amen to that! see you there...

SOLD OUT unless your willing to buy some off ebay for £800! ($1100)

Donny

shyguy208

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't dis Hull! Some cool stuff has come from Hull - The Beautiful South (cool band), Judi Dench (stars as M in Bond movies), Lemsip, and current Deputy Prime Minister of England (John Prescott). OK, maybe the last one wasn't so cool.

Why won't your mates go to a different union? It's normal for students to visit each other's student unions is it not?

I sometimes find it difficult to get my mates to go out and do stuff as well so don't worry too much about it! People just get lazy sometimes!