Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Rant: Married friends

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And here's the REAL reason ...

... they are so disgusted with single people:

* They're afraid to admit they were sold a bag of goods and ended up with sour grapes. This is the biggie.*

OK, let's say you bought a lemon for a car (been there, done that) and at first you don't want to admit it's bad, you say it just needs a tune-up. Then after numerous break downs you admit to your friends that it sucks, and you're ticked as your friends drive cars that are nice and that run. But in the end it's just a vehicle that can be replaced.

But on the flip-side they may have erred in the biggest "purchase" of their life and that was in selecting a wife and so they're ticked at you for not caving in. They will NEVER admit this and they justify it with these sayings: "She used to be hot" (i.e., no, she never really was); "She's changed since we got married or changed since we had kids" (no, you just selected a beyotch); or, "Married life isn't really that bad." (Is that why you're so freakin' miserable?)

No one wants to admit they settled on the life partner so instead of feeling guilty they try to make you feel guilty. Inside they're like, d-mn I wish I was single like WestCoaster.

One time I told a miserably married friend of mine this, "I'm going to a football game this weekend because I want to. Sometimes I roll into my apartment real late, even on work nights because I want to and don't have to answer to anyone."

His response: "Marriage will change you in many ways, it will make you confront your inner most feelings," as if I was missing out on some grand counseling session.

Whatever ... he's separated and soon to be on divorce No. 2.

Most married friends are jealous and can't admit they blew it ... plus 99 percent of them are AFCs who got roped in because they didn't have the nads to say no and stay single.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
Originally posted by phenom
... "My wife's not even born yet."

I really like to use that answer when its my buddies' wives asking me that. The look of disgust on their faces are priceless.:D
I think I'll use "because she's still in high school" or some such.

On that note, I've noticed that women will get upset when you let it be known you prefer younger women. If you say "I prefer redheads" no one bats an eye, but if you say "I prefer younger women" chicks will get disgusted. Anyone wanna give a shot as to why that is?

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with your theory WestCoaster is, there are as many miserable single people as there are married people.

Nothing comes easy and many marriages do end up miserable, in court and divorced.

But many single people wind up miserable, desperate and lonely.

Great your who you are west coaster, but the sad fact is, most people aren't a DJ or an AFC, they just are who they are.

For every person like you who is single and loving it, there are 100 others who hate it.

Marriage isn't the be all end all fairy tale ending, but neither is being single.

As I said before, don't get married because you think you have to, but don't not get married because somebody like westcoaster tells you not to.

It's up to you.

Yeah many marriages end up divorced.
But many single men end up lonely paying tons of child support every month too.

If your single and dating all the time and hooking up all the time, there's a chance your gonna get some women pregnant. Protection or no protection.

There are plenty of single players out there with 3 or 4 kids who have 3 or 4 different mothers.

Being single and paying child support is nothing to be happy about.

Neither is being married and miserable a good thing.

Take advice, but listen to yourself.

Because in the long run, at the end of each day, it's you and only you who will be looking back at yourself through that mirror.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As for why chics get upset over the answer to "I prefer younger women,"

its an easy answer to figure out as you get older.

Most people dont want to feel old. Most people dont want to admit that they are 40 and not 20, not even 30.

So when you, at 40 years old, say you like younger women, that is like saying they are over the hill, useless and old.

They get jealous of the younger generations, they get jealous of what they don't have anymore.

Women are known to say , "I'm 29 years old" for 15 years.

It's about youth, youth, and youth. The torch has been passed but they can't admit it.

Problem is, many guys aren't that different. There are plenty of older men complaining when a 40 year old hot women dates some 25 year old man.

there are plenty of 40 year old men who date 24 year old women because they can't face the fact they are getting older.

It's just the way it is.

Most people can't admit, they aren't 21 anymore.

When you are in your 30's and 40's and date people in their 20's, people will get jealous. they'll get jealous because they aren't that y oung anymore. They aren't filled with that youth and naive eyes. They also are jealous because your getting younger people and they cant.

Jealousy and youth. Its what our culture thrives on.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's refreshing being around married DJs

* First off, Elvis is right: You can be miserable married or single. My miserably married friends say being alone in a marriage is worse than being alone alone ... I don't know, never having been married. I do know this is THE most important decision you'll make in your life so choose wisely and if it comes down to marrying someone you have second thoughts about, really think about it. Is it buyer's remorse, nervousness, or do you REALLY have second thoughts? If she is a keeper, keep her!

Just got back from a weekend at a friend's house and he's an inadvertant DJ, i.e., he doesn't know what DJism is, but he sure practices it. He's a free spirit and does a lot of things that he wants, but also helps around the house a lot and with his child. He's never worried about his wife and what she's doing, and in turn his DJism brings out the best in her.

I went up to attend this jazz festival, which we go to each year and she lets us come and go as we like. IMO, this all happens because he's a calm, cool, collected DJ. It's just great to see a marriage built on respect, intimacy, and TRUST.

He hit a grand slam in marrying the wife, but she did well, too. His DJism is a catalyst to the positiveness going on in their home, IMO.

* Have some married AFC friends and their home is exactly the opposite ... tense, nervous, arguments, disagreements. Ugh! DJism isn't just for single guys!