"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Question about beauty standards

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ever onward
Elfynne,

Most guys standards aren't that high. If a girl is not overly ugly or over weight, chances are she can have her pick up 70 % of guys. Hey take this board for example, no one has any idea what you look like, yet you have become one of the most popular posters on this board. I would like to say it's because of your intelligent view points but chances are it's because you're a female.

From you're posts I gather you are fairly young and maybe that is why you haven't been approached too much. But the sad fact is most guys don't have the balls to approach women in any kind of direct way. That is why many of us are on this board so much, we are all procrastinating by educating ourselves instead of taking action.

I'm glad you joined this board, you're posts are always mature and insightful.
Thank you, Ever Onward. Yes, I am fairly young, but I am an oddity since I have far less romantic and sexual experience than most other women my age. I seem to be something of a paradox because people say I'm attractive, but I am shy and modest, especially around men whom I am attracted to. And they are probably shy around me too...and now I think it has something to do with my attitude and demeanor. In fact, people in general seem afraid to approach me because I give off unfriendly vibes without meaning to do so.

Guys should not be so afraid to approach women. We are just as human as you are, and we get nervous, too. Even if a woman is an HB10 or whatever you call it, she is still a human being and just as flawed as anyone else (sometimes more so). And any woman who pretends to be some kind of queen is only fooling herself.

Honestly, even if a woman was drop-dead gorgeous, could you really want to be with her if she was some high-nosed ***** who treated others like trash? I didn't think so. Even the hottest woman around can become ugly really quick with an attitude like that. But a woman who is beautiful AND kind is hard to resist. And there are more of them out there than you think. I have seen some women who were knockouts, and I thought "Wow, look how pretty she is. I bet she thinks she's something special." But then when I actually spoke to these women, they were so sweet and down-to-earth that they instantly won me over. People can be surprising sometimes, and not at all what you expect.

You want to know something rather strange? I've actually heard it said, from several sources, that a lot of above-average looking people are even less confident than people who are normal-looking. I can't be sure, but I think it's because they have been told all their lives how good they look and so they feel even more compelled to keep up their attractive appearance. So if something goes wrong...like if they gain weight, for example...they feel like failures because it's as if their looks are a major part of who they are.

Anyway, sorry if that was a little long. But my point is, if you see a good-looking woman, don't be so afraid to approach her. In fact, you just might make her day.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Ever onward

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
968
Reaction score
3
I'm sure most women like to be approached. In some cases it probably brightens their day and for some girls it boosts their ego. But on the other hand I'm certain many girls get tired of being constantly approached by guys and won't even give us a chance. Anyways, the point is it is up to us guys to take the initiative and approach where we put our egos on the line by possible rejection, thus the fear.

Getting back to the subject of beauty....it really is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen lots of good looking women with below average guys and I've asked them how so and so attracted them. They usually say "are you kidding, he is hot". As for me, one of my ex gfs wasn't attractive by super model standards but wow I sure thought she was hot. She was beutiful to me.

How old are you? Just tell me you aren't a teenager! :D
 

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Honestly, even if a woman was drop-dead gorgeous, could you really want to be with her if she was some high-nosed ***** who treated others like trash?
Unfortunately yes. I kind of get an ego kick from dating b1tches, because they make me feel like I have earned their attention and have something about me that other guys (the one's she trashes) don't have.

I know it's wrong and I'll inevitably get hurt, but these women have a lot of psychological appeal to me, perhaps in the same way jerks are more appealing than nice guys.

In fact I remember posting a thread trying to describe it:

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?threadid=53440

Maybe I'm just a sucker for punishment.
 

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ever onward
I'm sure most women like to be approached. In some cases it probably brightens their day and for some girls it boosts their ego. But on the other hand I'm certain many girls get tired of being constantly approached by guys and won't even give us a chance. Anyways, the point is it is up to us guys to take the initiative and approach where we put our egos on the line by possible rejection, thus the fear.

Getting back to the subject of beauty....it really is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen lots of good looking women with below average guys and I've asked them how so and so attracted them. They usually say "are you kidding, he is hot". As for me, one of my ex gfs wasn't attractive by super model standards but wow I sure thought she was hot. She was beutiful to me.

How old are you? Just tell me you aren't a teenager! :D
That's understandable. I sometimes think that men's egos are more fragile than those of women, because so much is expected of men, being the dominant gender in human society. Women have a lot less pressure put on them by societal standards, so it is usually expected for the man to take the initiative, to be "macho", and approach the woman first.

But if you approach a woman in a polite or friendly manner, and she blows you off in a mean or cold-hearted way, then that harpy isn't even worth it. Such an approach from a guy does not warrant such a nasty response, and it's because of women like that that men feel cynical about women in general. It's more understandable for a woman to respond harshly if a guy uses a cheesy or lewd pick-up line, but even then, the woman should be as civil as possible...considering that the poor doofus has already made a fool out of himself, it would be just plain cruel to trash him, especially in the company of others.

And you're right...beauty is subjective...especially considering the many types of beauty that exist - - -angelic, aristocratic, vampy - - and how these types of beauty appeal to different people.

No, I'm not a teenager, I'm actually 24...still young, but old enough to be able to have more life experience than I actually have.
 

Elfynne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 19, 2004
Messages
70
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Ever onward
I'm sure most women like to be approached. In some cases it probably brightens their day and for some girls it boosts their ego. But on the other hand I'm certain many girls get tired of being constantly approached by guys and won't even give us a chance. Anyways, the point is it is up to us guys to take the initiative and approach where we put our egos on the line by possible rejection, thus the fear.

Getting back to the subject of beauty....it really is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen lots of good looking women with below average guys and I've asked them how so and so attracted them. They usually say "are you kidding, he is hot". As for me, one of my ex gfs wasn't attractive by super model standards but wow I sure thought she was hot. She was beutiful to me.

How old are you? Just tell me you aren't a teenager! :D
That's understandable. I sometimes think that men's egos are more fragile than those of women, because so much is expected of men, being the dominant gender in human society. Women have a lot less pressure put on them by societal standards, so it is usually expected for the man to take the initiative, to be "macho", and approach the woman first.

But if you approach a woman in a polite or friendly manner, and she blows you off in a mean or cold-hearted way, then that harpy isn't even worth it. Such an approach from a guy does not warrant such a nasty response, and it's because of women like that that men feel cynical about women in general. It's more understandable for a woman to respond harshly if a guy uses a cheesy or lewd pick-up line, but even then, the woman should be as civil as possible...considering that the poor doofus has already made a fool out of himself, it would be just plain cruel to trash him, especially in the company of others.

And you're right...beauty is subjective...especially considering the many types of beauty that exist - - -angelic, aristocratic, vampy - - and how these types of beauty appeal to different people.

No, I'm not a teenager, I'm actually 24...still young, but old enough to be able to have more life experience than I actually have.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

gruby

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 22, 2004
Messages
133
Reaction score
1
Location
NYC
I assist on a number of photo shoots as well as do basic assigments for model agencies so i have access to models quite often. Yes they are all beauful and often when shooting on the streets with people passing by even the guys who seem to have chance wit the girl put their tail between the legs and are the bigest whimps. I suppose that's why so many of those girs are single. The truth is that despit their beauty hardly anyone of them turns me on.

What turns me on though:

--passion for something (whatever that is even as stupid as shoes or your pink nail polish anything). Most people don't have reall passion for anything.
--beautiful eyebrows (usually natural-looking) -- i quess it's something that women mostly toatly screw up and become less desirable by trying to be cute. cute isn't atractive. i want you to not care that you are hot (a girl who "doesn't care" doesn't overplockes her eyebrows)
--brunets (but i had my share of being really attracted by dirty blondes)
-- less then my haight (6') also in high hils.
--excentric/confident look

I would say society's atrraction to teh girls mentioned earlier comes from the fact that to make it that big they raelly have to have "balls" to be persistens and such (see my point about reall passion).
 
Top