"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Question abotu height

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2003
Messages
511
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Hey everyone, I am 5 foot 9 about and I try wearing American Eagle shoes to give me a little lift but I still feel TOO short to get the high level HB's.

From my anatomy and physiology class, I learned that around my age (19) the epiphysiel plates (which encourage growth) close up and become epiphysiel lines. But the spinal cord apparently does not close until a MUCH later age. I've been working out alot ever since I was 15 or so doing squats and what not putting alot of stress on my body. My parents are 5 foot 4 and 5 foot 8 so I don't believe I had a growth problem in relation to working out.

Anyways, I was exploring the internet and came across a couple websites such as www.heightincrease.com and some others.

They say that with proper stretches and such that you can actually increase the length of the spinal cord and grow a few inches. Heck, if I grew 2 inches (to 5 foot 11) I would be thrilled as hell. They say its a money back guarentee that I'll be satisfied, what do you guys think?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Phantasmal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
278
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus, OH
5 foot 9 isn't bad, that's average height. Sure, girls might say they prefer 6 ft. plus, and they might at some primal level, but who cares? You're not 5'5" or anything.

I'm assuming by the fact that you lift regularly, your posture is good...as well as your physique. That should at the very least put you up to par and beyond with most of the six footers. However, on the subject of those height increase manuals/pills, i'm pretty sure the general consensus is that they're all phony. I'd recommend searching around the web a bit for people that have used the products and see what they're saying.
 

California Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 2, 2004
Messages
652
Reaction score
0
Location
The Bay Area
Stretching is definitely a good idea.


Get on a pullup bar in the park and just hang there for a while. Its a good stretch post-workout, especially after squats.
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Your height is only an issue is 2 instances:

1- If your incredibly short or tall, say you were 4'5 or 6'9, then it might be a obivious issue.

2-IF YOU LET IT BE AN ISSUE!! Don't worry about things that you have absolutely zero control over. Take care of your body, work out, and be happy. It will make a big difference.




PIMP
 
Top