"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Pupil dilation

Jon E

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
1
Location
Vegas
Johnny,

I think that you have misinterpreted some of the thoughts, ideas and opinions expressed here. Were not advocating that we all go around looking only for girls with dialated pupils but rather just keep it in the back of your mind when meeting new people. When people say that you shouldnt "just be yourself" they're not implying that you should try to be someone that your not, but that you should focus more on bringing your good qualities, that dont always show through, to the surface to help you evolve into a more likeable person.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

JohnnyLegard

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 13, 2004
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Alright, you can look at pupils if you want to.

But the point is that there is way to too much introspection and thinking going on here. Has it ever happened to you that you were by yourself and you thought about things waaay too much when in reality, things weren't that complicated? Well that's what things like pupil dilation are.

People here are way into kiddy crap asking questions like "what do I do if a friend tells a friend who tells a girl I like that I like her [something within those terms]".

For starters, I don't think spending a lot of time on this site will help. Honestly. There are way to many acronyms and terms like HB and AFC (I still don't know what the heck that means, but im guessing that it means A Freaking Crybaby). The only way you're really going to learn is by going out into the world and falling on your face flat. Yes, it will be painful and yes, it will be hard, but you get better the more and more you do it. If you stay in a room, like what I just did, and what a lot of you did you go crazy.

And in terms of just being yourself, I honestly do not think that it is advice not heeded on this website. There is that goddamn post that's been immortalized on the page titled "why you shouldn't be yourself" when really, the only thing you have to be is not lazy. As a result, you have people posting about how hot they are in a night club and all that, not really giving any really meaningful advice. You have people talking about all these women who flan over them when really they're on this website trying to feel better about themselves on a website to people they don't know.

The advice I gave is what I gave... take it or leave it. I do think people are in this way too thought out world about things. People are just people, you just have to not be afraid of them.

Right now I'm now just starting to repeat myself and boring everyone including me. And goddamnit I've been inside all day, and I'm going out...
 
Top