Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

proper number of days rest with weights

Reaction score
What's the proper number of days to have off between workouts with weights for the upper body (shoulders, chest, bi's, tri's, forearms, lats, traps)?

Then what is the proper number of days off between workouts for ab-work.

I'm trying to cut bodyfat while also increasing muscle. When starting back up months ago I was only lifting every third day while doing cardio about 5 or 6 days a week and was getting good initial results. I tried taking it to the next level, lifting monday, wednesday, friday with cardio about 4 or 5 days a week and abs about 6 days a week. This seemed to be effective too but it seems like the bi's have peeked and my bodyfat seems to be going back up plus the tendonitis in my elbows is back to making the popping noises (which is why i stopped lifting weights a few years ago as they got very noisey and painful). So far they are not yet painful but are once again gettin that scarey sounding noise as if tearing.

Anyone got a good tricept exercise that works them hard without so much strain on the tendons in the elbows like with tricept extensions or heavy bench pressing?

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
, friday with cardio about 4 or 5 days a week and abs about 6 days a week.
1. cardio for at least 20 minutes ... about 3-4 days...
2. don't do abs 6 days a week... if u want to get the abs then proper diet plz.
3.workout(lift) about 4-5 days per week not daily ...if u r only looking to get fit...
4. never do cardio after lifting
5. Diet plz
my normal work out:
monday:
Shoulders n thighs
tue:
Chest and back sometime abs or abs in the morning
wed:
arms and thighs
thur and friday:
repeat the above but keep changing routine...

i do cardio in morning in form of shadow boxing, that takes more than 20 minutes

Anyone got a good tricept exercise that works them hard without so much strain on the tendons in the elbows like with tricept extensions or heavy bench pressing?
try forum.bodybuilding.com for exercises...

WhoAmI

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're trying to get some defined muscle mass, I would work each body part ONCE per week. But work it really hard. 12 sets per body part, failing on the 8-10th rep. That's all you need. You're gonna kill your muscles doing each part 3 times a week.