Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Problem with being fun.

Da_Shogun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I have a real problem. I don't think I can be fun sometimes. I'm a pretty serious sometimes. I just don't talk, don't smile, my voice is low etc... Girls like me for my looks, that's for sure but I just can't be fun. Well that happened to me today. Maybe because I was hungry. I don't know. Maybe. Anyway any tips on how to be fun? lol, but seriously though any tips? Give some examples or whatever, some experience or something.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re-Read what you just typed. You dont talk, dont smile, speak with a low voice. All that can be corrected. You can do it all yourself ! You just have to be positive.

Now you want to know how to be fun. Well thats a little difficult. I'd have to say that comes with your surroundings. Are you in college, do you have roommates, do you have other friends ? If you don't watch tv, have no friends, and/or don't go out much, how do you expect to joke around ? Its your environment that influences you.

Now you say, yah, i have all that. I just can't initiate jokes, or be a funny guy. My way of joking around and having a good time with my guy friends is as follows: I make sure I'm the dominant / confident one in the group.

A) This allows me to make fun (in a joking way of course) of my other friends, and get the others to laugh
B) You already have their respect, so something you say will automatically be funnier than if the soft-spoken AFC said it.

What to say to be funny now.......Well, usually I make fun of my friends flaws. One of my friends is goofy, and doesnt get girls. I usually tease him about that. Or you can say something outrageous that gets laugh, for example: I was watching survivor tonight with my roommmates, and the particpant named Eliza was on, i said "ya know, she's so goddamn bony it just makes me want to f*ck her in the a$$.

That comment is outrageous and hilarious b/c it really makes no sense and you wouldnt expect something like that. Now you're prolly not going to say something like that around a girl you just met, but you catch the drift.

Being funny with women is a whole lot simplier than with guys. You dont need to be the funny man. Just tease them about something. Figure out one of their flaws and mess with them. A girl that I was hitting on last week was an English major, so i made sure to rub it in her face that she was 'out in space like the typical english major', but I kept reminding her of it. Another example was when I met a friends sister and she was an HB 9.5. I made sure to tease her about how closely she resembles her brother, and that i didnt know how she got guys when she looks so much like him.

Its stuff like this that makes you a funny guy. Its not necessarily your material though. Don't get me wrong. Its more of how you present it. Granted you can't say something retarded, but something presented very well with less humor is going to be a hell of a lot better than something presented poorly that includes a lot of humor.

LaidBack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being fun is'nt about what you say or how you act, its more of a state of mind. People who are usually funny are the ones that are happy with themselves, they're able to take a joke without feeling like the other person is "hating" on them. What I would suggest you do, is get enough sleep everynight so you don't wake up and feel tired. Whenever I go a few days without good sleep I feel like the day is a chore instead of enjoying it. Do whatever you have to to feel good about yourself and you'll make others happy too. And plus if you feel happy by yourself, you won't have to worry about what other people think.

bootlegger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do alot of things in my day to make sure I'm in a good mood...

I work out, I eat right etc.

When I wake up of a morning, I listen to a comedy cd... or something like...

'beautiful day' - U2 etc

The way I feel about company: I have so much fun by myself... that it is a privelege for you to be allowed to hang around with me. Because I could have just as much fun without you.

(that's what was meant by state of mind)

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi you didn't give a hell of a lot of details of your situation.

Why do you think this is a problem?
Has one of your dates/GFs told you that, is this a something that other people have concluded for you?

If your general demeanour and personality has been like this for a while then you'll have to do a bit of work to change.

To keep it brief here are some things which you could apply in your game when with a girl to spice things up:

Be Unpredictable :Don't always do the same thing, push n pull
Be Spontaneous : Pick her up like a child, go with the flow and not with the schedule
Show some Humor : As in the examples from the previous posters.
Playfulness : Tease her, tickle her, throw in the silliness
Be lighthearted : Talk about things like you don't have a care in the world, and you don't have a chip on your shoulder.
Excitement : Arouse her senses sexually or otherwise.....

etc etc etc all in moderation as applicable

Focus on mixing in this when dealing with the ladies. Don't try too hard or you might end up looking like a doofus, which is possible as it doesn't like these are your natural tendencies (dunno). Baby steps.

Yes I agree state of mind is important too.

Janez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I have a real problem. I don't think I can be fun sometimes. I'm a pretty serious sometimes. I just don't talk, don't smile, my voice is low etc... Girls like me for my looks, that's for sure but I just can't be fun. Well that happened to me today. Maybe because I was hungry. I don't know. Maybe. Anyway any tips on how to be fun? lol, but seriously though any tips? Give some examples or whatever, some experience or something.
This way you come out way more attractive as if u were trying to make jokes/trying to be fun. I bet u can be fun with close friends or on some occasions. You don't have to be a clown to get a *****.

Da_Shogun

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanx for the advice. All of u. It was all great, but I got to give much props to my man Wiesman44 and Kaine to. I feel like a new man already. Lol

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you want to be funny, or you want to HAVE FUN?

Just have fun with your life! If you are having fun, the ppl around you will have fun too.