Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pre Workout Meal

deez_nutz

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could suggest some sort of pre workout meal. I usually wake up at 4:00 in the morning, make something to eat and fall back to sleep until I head off to the gym at 6:00. I generally eat some oatmeal, egg whites, and have some orange juice. I know you're supposed to eat one and a half to two hours before a workout with solid foods, and typically 45 minutes to an hour before a workout with non-solid foods. My problem is that I think the oatmeal I'm eating is too high in fiber, which is harder for the body to break down. So I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions. Oh yeah, the meal I eat needs to last me at least three hours. I play a lot of basketball so I do a lot of cardio. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never had a problem eating right before gym, no matter how big the meal I can do squats & no problem.
Actually, I'm obessed with going to the gym with LOTS of fat, protein & carbs, otherwise I feel I'm not gonna get such a good workout.
But since I'm bulking it's great
!
I'd say you should eat more. I don't know your weight or if you are bulking or cutting, but it sounds like too little food to me.
Add the yolks from the eggs, don't stress so much about cholesterol, I've been eating like a freaking bear for 6 months & had a blood test recently to check my cholesterol & was normal.

BS

Don Juan
Reaction score
eat 3 bowls of shreddies IMMEDIATELY before jogging a few miles

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all you need in the morning is a scoop or two of whey protein w/some high glycemic carbs (like dextrose, or some orange juice) to shuttle the protein in the muscles and get the blood sugar back up after a night of sleeping.

You can do this 30 minutes before you head off to the gym. It's better to sleep til 5:30.. getting up at 4 eating then going back to bed has got to be fukking with your sleep patterns.

D

Flyguy3663

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you're training in morning I would go with what Diesel said. Either that or down 1/2 cup oatmeal with a scoop of vanilla whey and then go to the gym 45 mins later.

i personally cant train at 5 am lol. it has to be at least 8 or 9 at EARLIEST. i like to eat a moderate/big meal like 2 hours pre workout and thengo straight into training or eat a lite snack like 1/2 cup white rice and apple or graham crackers with cup of skim milk. wait about an hour and then train.

oh BTW - pre workout meals are important but not even close to as important a good Post Workout meal is.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is very important to eat carbs in the morning so that you "recarb" the liver. This keeps you out of a catabolic state. Otherwise the liver will recarb by converting protein (muscle) into sugar. Which would be a bad thing.

------------------
"Fear is for...getting your confidence." -STEVEN HELLER, PhD

"Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious!" - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE