Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Poverty diaries of the early 00s

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had some unique experiences as a young adult dealing with bad credit and having it really hard. Some of them are so colourful that looking back, I can only attribute having allot of youthful energy that I was able to bear them. I have grown comfortable since 2004 with some new standards since I started Real-Estate in 2003. Just to relate some stories here to see if anyone has anything as extreme as this:

1) There was this one time, that me and my dad, took my car, and travelled across the province to a cemetery to look for wild Morel mushrooms which were paying very well. We took this advice from a Hippie from a local bar who claimed this was a gold-mine for those mushrooms. We travelled to the destination and did not find anything. When we talked to this hippie afterwards, he claimed there were actually two cemetery in that town but we went to the wrong one. We didn't bother going back. The car we drove on needed repairs and it was a miracle the wheels didn't fall off while we were driving.

2) There was this other time, I sued a developer for like $ 50,000 because I he was supposed to pay commission. I thought I had a default judgment against him, and held a motion to get the money. His lawyer charged his client $ 10,000 to fight that judgment on a motion. The presiding judge felt sorry for me when I explained my financial situation. While they won that motion, a he said no costs, meaning I didn't have to pay a penny of that $ 10,000. I spent tens and hundreds while my opponents spent thousands and ten thousands.

3) Bought this old car back in 1999 that needed thousands in repair. My dad has this connection where this we managed to repair the whole car and get it certified for almost next to nothing. However, there was this time, that we needed money to pay for the bolts holding the engine in place. The place where we sold fiddle-heads and wild onions overpaid us by an extra $ 400. The car was a 1987 Ford focus and was the first car I bought and purchased for myself. It eventually wore down where the bottom would give way and it would be like the Flinstones and we bought another used car afterwards. I'd go to my dad's connection to repair the car, and sometimes would pay a dollar for transit to a movie theater and pay like $ 4.25 on a Matinee while it's being repaired and pick it up later.

4) The worst job I can think of is courier work, especially if you car breaks down during the delivery. The way I see it, is you are taking a loan against your car's wear and tear and aren't really getting paid at the end of the day. If you do get paid, it's eventually funnels its way in doing some expensive job on the car.

Was there someone talking about a global recession again? Whatever recession hits, it can't be THAT bad as I have just described above.

Last edited:

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learning to work on your own cars mitigates a lot of the cost associated with maintenance. Example, I replaced my tone ring, which is a $10 part. At a shop, it would have cost $350...