Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

potatoes: have baked, want mashed

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
how do i turn baked potato into mashed potato

i know theres more to it then mashing whos got a good recipe

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Mack Bishop
how do i turn baked potato into mashed potato

i know theres more to it then mashing whos got a good recipe
Usually people don't use russett (baking) potatoes for making mashed potatoes...they use red or white. But I don't see why you COULDN'T do it with a baking potato.

It's really that simple...to cook 'em, peel, put in a pot of water, heat to boiling, turn down and simmer for about 30 minutes or until you can stick them with a fork with no effort...then drain the water, mash 'em up with some butter or veggie spread, put salt & pepper in for taste and add milk until they're as smooth as you'd like 'em (too much milk and they get mushy). Precise amounts, I don't know. And some people like to put the skins in there for flavor.

I imagine if you were going to do it with russett baking potatoes you could bake them instead of boiling them, THEN peel them and mash them. I dunno how it works out though.

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few more things:

If you're working with big potatoes, cut them into smaller pieces when you boil them. Not tiny pieces, though; a big potato should give about 2 pieces, 3 max. Make sure the all the pieces are pretty equal before you boil them (if you're cooking for yourself you'll probably only use about 2 anyway).

Also, add an egg for creamier ones (put a raw one in before they're mashed while they're still hot so it cookes) or crushed garlic for a different taste. If you're using red potatoes little dill works pretty well, too.