Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

plumbing the trade i don't want to do

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
is there anyone here a plumber or has gone to school or now any info on being a plumber. for some reason my folks want me to go be a plumber-25 yrs old been going to school all my life-never even worked for too long or at all, since i finished HS-first went to cap college for a yr to do computers finished that and now is doing business management at langara,-going to complete that pretty soon. after that folks are like what are u goin to do-i'm like pursue a business degree-just have to do 2 more yrs-if i have to go for more school, they for some reason want me to go into plumbing b/c plumbers make mad money. have a plumber come into ur house to get a water tank installed-its like 400 bucks and they do it in like 30 minutes and they charge like 250 for labour or so. they just want me to get into the trade b/c of money. so its like i have 3 careers now if i do plumbing- computers, business and if i do plumbing, wowo i am the jack of all trades.

i don;t want to go into another profession i am so old i have to work. what do u guys think of my situatiuon and what do u think of plumbing in general. even at langara i feel it-every ones like 19 20 yrs old all young. i just have to find work that is related to my field and my folks would leave me alone. any advice pleasesss

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my ex husband is a plumber. he makes great money .
he just opened his own company and it has been terribly slow, however it has started to pick up thru advertising and now hes starting to make good money again.
its a hard job, but plumbers will always be needed and no computer will ever take the job away from you.

joe45

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how is it a hard job- u mean lifting heavy stuff-that way hard.
can u eleborate on the hard part.
i'm sure u make good money in plumbing

but even in management -what i want to do, maybe realestate or toursim - i bet one can make crazy money too hey

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potentially great money, i've heard of people down here that are on 6 figures.

C00L

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you get to clean out peoples sh1t-pipes. its a dirty job but somebodys gotta do it.

the funniest thing, one time like 3 plumbers showed up to clean our sink drain.

This one really greasy lookin guy was like, checkin himself out in the bathroom mirror like he was a model or a pimp or something. i was LMAO.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Union laborers make better money. Plumbing is good to know for your own benefit, as is electrical wiring.

If you have a background in computers, you may be more inclined toward being an electrician. Residential wiring is not especially complex. AF's grandfather is a union electrician. He only works when he wants to, although the union has plenty of work. He makes $25/hr plus $25 per hour gets put into his retirement money. They start new guys out at $10/hr and they work up, $20/hr within two years. This is in middle America, where the cost of living is very low. The median income in my county is probably under $20k/year.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
The "Sh!t Directors" and the "Sparkies" make the most money in the trades.

The Latins are taking over most of the labor intensive jobs, but they are also beginning to learn the trades.

I hear that in NOLA, tradesmen are making outrageous money rebuilding the city right now.

mandoremay

Don Juan
Reaction score
joe45 how ya doing. i'm new at the plumbing trade too. i am installing water heaters right now and it sucks. you have the 40,60, and the industrial 100 gallon tanks and man are they heavy. but in a way it's sweet. if their wiring ain't up to code or they don't move funiture or whatevers in the way, it's considered an inaccessable, and it takes 2 minutes to figure that out and you move on to the next job and you get paid whatever the salary is going out there in vancouver for 2 minutes.

i get paid by commission. and i make about 1400 every 2 weeks. hot water tanks is a good job for young lads like ourselves, because the older plumbers can't lift the tanks very far because they have back problems.

don't get me wrong though cause it's hard work and the hours can be a *****.

plumbers are always needed because people gotta take a dump right and pipes bust so it's a dam great trade.

the company i work for right now is run by a woman and i don't take no orders from a woman whose never hit the front lines so i'm thinking of going to another company.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me summarize...

Originally posted by joe45
Plumbing trade I don't want to do... for some reason my folks want me to go be a plumber-25 yrs old...they for some reason want me to go into plumbing b/c plumbers make mad money ... i don;t want to go into another profession i am so old i have to work. ... my folks would leave me alone. any advice pleasesss
Cut the fvcking umbilical cord man!

What's with this "my parents want me to but I don't" bs? You don't want to do it, so don't do it. I mean, c'mon - you are a man. Stop taking orders.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a neighbor that was a plumber. If you count his under-the-table side jobs, the guy probably makes $150k a year. He works 7 days a week, but still, that's damn good money considering there's no degree needed, and no student loans to pay off.

No boring meetings, no late nights at the office, no office politics, no living out of a suitcase on the road. All things considered it's one of the better job descriptions out there.