Pissed Off My Bosses

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea so basically I just need to vent so here goes. This happened tonight by the way, about an hour ago. Anyway, I work at a grocery store (Fred Meyer) and today I worked from 6PM-10PM. The other guy I was working with was done at 8PM so I was there by myself for 2 hours. The dumbasses who make the schedule set my 10 minute break right at 8 so there is nobody doing my job for those 10 minutes. BTW, I'm a courtesy clerk (they call it parcel clerk) and the main things I have to do are bring in the shopping carts from the parking lot and clear the items off of the back of the checkstands. Ok so anyway I go in at 8:05 for my break and right as I'm about to go on it they call me to carry out someone's groceries. I get done and go for my break at 8:10 or so. Right as I get in the break room they call me down for another carry out. I'm seriously waiting almost 15 minutes at the checkstand for this lady to get checked out. Oh yea she was a fvcking dumbass and she's all telling me how to push the cart slowly down the slopes and I'm all like no sh!t b!tch wtf do you think I do all day. And then she's like "these strawberry's smell great, get a whiff of these" and then she made me smell them. Screwball. Anyway so I finally get my break at 8:30, half an hour late, and one of my "bosses" which they call PIC's (person in charge, yea they have screwy names for every thing, like they call shopping carts bascarts and the small red baskets totes) says that I can take a 15-20 minute break but I decided not to because I would only be screwing myself over with all the stuff I had left to do.

So now we're at 8:40, half an hour behind schedule. I decide it's time I empty the garbage cans. But first I had to fill up the lobbies with some carts. But when I'm trying to fill them up, one of the PIC's calls me in to pick up the mats that the cashiers stand on. Simple enough so I go back to getting the carts. I finish that and go to get the big garbage bin to put the stuff in. But on my way over, the PIC makes me mop up this stuff on the floor. Another wasted 10 minutes when you include the mats. So 40 minutes behind. Then I get that done and get the bigass garbage bin but of course there just has to be something else wrong dammit. There's usually 3 or so decent sized rolls of garbage bags. But now theres only one and I guessed there were maybe three or four left. There's 15 big garbage cans and 15 small ones. Sonofafvckingb!tch. I go to the storage room and I can't find any garbage bags. I ask both PIC's and they don't know where they are. The girl (b!tch) PIC tells me to dump the garbage into the bin but leave the bags in the garbage cans. Here's the great part. She says I have to use my hands to scoop out all the garbage once I'm done and throw it into the trash compacter. Usually it's no big deal because the garbage is in the bags and you just throw several bags in. The bin is always full over the top when I'm done. And this is one bigass bin too. It's about 4 feet wide, 6-8 feet long and 3 feet high. So she wanted me to shovel out all who knows how many square feet of garbage with my hands. Not only would that take forever (and at this point I'm almost an hour behind after the whole garbage bag ordeal) but that's FVCKING DISGUSTING AS HELL. I wasn't abou to touch all that sh!t and get all those germs and greasy sh!t all over me. I don't know what the fvck that b!tch was thinking. Oh and I just thought of something. I work in a fvcking grocery store. Something tells me that they sell garbage bags. Problem solved. But of course I didn't think of that then and there is no way in hell they would have gone for it.

It's 9:15 now and the parking lots are getting full of carts so I secretly decide how to not have to touch all that slimy garbage sh!t. I decided I would go clear all the carts out of the lot and get in at about 9:45 or so and start throwing the garbage in the bin. Oh and I didn't mention that the garbages usually take 45 minutes or so to do, so they would have to throw the sh!t in the compacter. So I go clear the carts and there's more than I thought there were and I don't get done until 9:55. At that point the PIC calls me on the walkie talkie and asks me when I'm going to do the garbages. I said I'm almost done clearing the lots and then I'll do it. He said I'm off in five minutes and I acted like I didn't know what time it was to hopefully keep me out of more trouble than I needed to be in. Keep in mind that I'm the last person there so I actually do have to clear the lots or the PIC's have to and then they get pissed.

Anyway I go inside and go to the desk where the two PIC's are and then they're all like "when were you planning on doing the garbages? They don't clean themselves." I'm just like "I still couldn't find the bags so I decided to go clear the lots and then I was going to do them." Then she says something retarded and all I could say was "well I had to clear the lots." And she's all like "well the other parcels can do it" (meaning they are able to do the lots and garbages in time). Then I act all concerned and I'm like "can I stay another half hour and finish the garbages up?" when I knew damn well I couldn't because it's the law that I have to be off by 10 on school days, which they told me. Anyway then the b!tch PIC is talking to some other PIC that was shopping because she didn't work today and she's like "he didn't do the garbages, we're gonna have fun tomorrow." I so wanted to say something but I didn't. Then to me she's like "Well go home."

So yea I'm pissed at them for expecting to much from me (that is too much to expect right?) and they're pissed at me cause now they have to do the garbages. Heh serves them fvcking right. Oh well. I don't know. How out of line was I here? What they wanted me to do was freaking unsanitary, there must be some rule against that or something. And I truly wouldn't have had time to finish both the lots and the garbages so whatever. What's your take on all this?

^^Damn that's hella long, sorry about that.

EDIT: Also keep in mind that I just started a month ago today.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that takes me back to my days at KFC..

as i said in ur thread about calling in sick..

u'll NEVER have to work as hard and under as much stress ever again in your life.

the way the managers treat kids in these places is a disgrace.
but experience is important..

i think the best place to get a job would be retail, apply at some clothes shops and **** like that.. better pay, a hell of alot easier, more perks, cleaner. and better experience as ur doing customer service instead of laybour.

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a new job, it sounds like you are the general b1tch of the place. Do they make you scrub the crapper as well?

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 16 and you are only working a 4 hour shift. Its not that big of a deal if you don't end up getting a ten minute break or whatever.

High school jobs suck man. That's just the way it is. The older you get, the better jobs you get. Just deal with it until you can get something better. And yea, they sell trashbags, so it is amazing that they would ask you to do something as stupid as pull out much with your hands.

Reaction score
When I was 14 I got my first job working at an ice cream store. This particular ice cream store sold hot dogs, which the owner would leave on the rotator all day keeping them nice and warm. Fat and grease would drip off of them and cake itself onto the rotator. At the end of the day he'd have us pack up the dogs and put them in the fridge, so sometimes the hot dogs people bought would have been on the rotator for more than 12 hours.

foul. this thing smelled like ass and was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Usually there were two or three of us on staff, and there were various chores we had to do. One of these chores was to clean the rotator.

So, one week it was my job to clean the rotator. I wore gloves but it was still the most unpleasant experience of my life, largely because I"m a vegetarian. I don't have any problem with people eating meat or with me serving people meat, but when I have to get my hands caked in dead animal juices I take offense.

So, the next weekend I happened to have the same job. Luckily my friend was on duty and I traded with her. When my boss heard about this (and about me being a vegetarian) he decided to be a ****weed and to make me clean the hotdog machine anyway that weekend.

and the next weekend.

and the weekend after.

and then I stopped coming in.

quit that job if they're going to treat you like that. Your pride and comfort is more important than slaving away for some no good piece of shit bosses.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your pride and comfort is more important than slaving away for some no good piece of **** bosses.
He won't have much pride and comfort being broke.

Of course, if you're only 14, you don't need the money (since your parents give you food and stuff), only the experience. So quit if you're getting annoyed. You've got the experience.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I was slangin drugs at age 16. ahh those were the daze.

StrivetoThrive

Don Juan
Reaction score
quit that ish

Hey man,

Take lifeguard classes at the Y and get your lifeguard and CPR certification. Then quit your crappy job and lifeguard at a camp, swimming club, or public pool. You'll prob get more than min. wage, you sit in a chair, and you look at hot chicks. I did it for three summers and it is pretty much the sweetest job ever, except for the chance you might have to save someone's life at some point. Oh yeah, and you get a tan. Do it.

Reaction score
Hey, 16 year old knuckle-head, did you ask for gloves and face mask and let them know of the unsanitary conditions or did you do nothing and maybe they were unaware of the inclean condition?

eggnawgkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the support guys. I think I'll keep working there until the end of summer and then quit. I need the money and the experience. Then I'll try to get a job at a department store or something like quest mentioned.

u'll NEVER have to work as hard and under as much stress ever again in your life.
I sure hope not because this is so stressful. Actually it's pretty easy unless you have to stay until closing which is when they make you do all the extra sh!t like garbages and vaccuuming and getting EVERY SINGLE cart out of the parking lots.

Hey, 16 year old knuckle-head, did you ask for gloves and face mask and let them know of the unsanitary conditions or did you do nothing and maybe they were unaware of the inclean condition?
What kind of a dumbass needs to be told that picking through all of that garbage is unsanitary? I'm pretty damn sure that they knew and just didn't give a sh!t.

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by eggnawgkid
Actually it's pretty easy unless you have to stay until closing which is when they make you do all the extra sh!t like garbages and vaccuuming and getting EVERY SINGLE cart out of the parking lots.
yeah you're right actually (referring to my old KFC days) it was easy, except doing an open, or a close.

open i'd have to go in an hour early, clean all the chip cookers, and heat oil in them.

heat oil in the chicken cookers.

and prepare the first batch of chicken/strips/burgers etc..

1 hour just wasn't enough time..

and close was so much worse.

had to clean all the chicken cookers, aswell as wash up the flour throughs, and clean the whole floors down.

(there may be more that i've blocked out of my traumatic memory banks)

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hopefully your jobs will get better in the future. If they aren't, then you need to reevaluate what you're doing.

The thing is we all had crappy jobs doing stuff we didn't enjoy when we were sixteen. Then we got older and moved on to jobs that we didn't hate as much, and payed better.

Just don't quit right away. That's ***** rich kid ****. Kids that want to say they have a job, but the second they don't like some aspect of their job they up and quit. Or act like they can't handle having a part time job and going to high school all at the same time. Trust me, if you can't handle high school and a part time job you might as well give up on life now, because it won't get easier.

(to make you feel better about having to do nasty stuff) at my job I have to empty all the poop and piss out of airplane lavatories. Is it kind of gross? yes. Would I rather NOT have to do that? Yes.

But I won't quit my job because of it. So you have to empty trash and pick up cans. Big deal.

Its more respectable to have a job and do that stuff than to quit just because they want you to do things that are "icky."