Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Phase 3 College to World

balla

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm young 21 which isn't "mature man" material but I just wanted to get your guys perspective on this issue since I know you all are at least old enough to have gone through this or know others that have. I tried searching but I couldn't find much on the forums. I'll try to keep it short.

Basically the way I see it there are phases in life that have a big effect on development, Starting high school, High School to College and of course phase 3 College to world and then others down the road I have yet to face.

I am an adventurous type and really like these transitions. probably comes from all the great stories my dad told me growing up. Makes me want to have some of my own to tell someday.

Anyways this fall I'll be starting my senior year in college. And then who knows. Going to school 1000 miles from home at a large top level public university and knowing zero ppl I have learned so much about myself and people. The things outside the textbook were invaluable. This was/is my #1 goal in college so I am proud of my progress.

Over the last semester I have started to look at my relationships male and female and think who I will be in touch with after college. Whose real and whose fake. Being realistic I think I'll keep in touch with 2 guy friends and 2 girl friends and possibly one girl I have had more intimate relations with. And thats it.

If I'm lucky they will all stick in more than aquantince form....I've recently met 2 other guys while studying abroad, they are from the states, and they might in included in this group but that def is a reach. Hopefully it works out.

I plan on having a hell of a last year I want to soak it all in. I am easily going to grad on time so I'm taking a light load so I can really have a year to remember.

I just wanted to hear your guys perspective on this transition in life. Any tips, advice, ..etc would be great. On anything. I know this is broad your 2 cents would be just fine. It can be on work, women, social aspects, or just life in general.

tell stories of your own it doesn't matter. I'm just curious about this transition.

Thanks

FratAndDiddy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
well balla, for starters, you sound like a well-put-together guy and just might turn out to be a sucessful fella.
i say "might" if you stay away from destructive women and back stabbin guys.
you sound like you already can smell the BS from people and you know how to develop close friends, but keep in mind the BS from women is a bit camolflauged.
to give you a few tips is a pleasure
after college, you will go your own way in life and try to stay in contact with your close friends cause they can keep you focused and pointed in the right direction. listen to what they about women and keep them informed how your relationships are going.
i didnt stay in contact with allot of mine and now i wished i would've.
your schooling will probably be the best time in your life cause now you enter the world of reponsibility, debt, women wanting to tag along on your shirtail, and the everyday drudgery of working a day-to-day job.
remember that career success does not necessarily mean happiness.
i look at life in phases like you: high school, college then the world, but my life was broken up into unsuccessful marriages and having kids too early in life.
sounds like you will be ok bro if you stay on this board and keep asking the questions you ask.
also sounds like you have good parents and your father can keep you focused. i never had a father to help guide me and i wished i had, but we roll with the punches and do the best we can.
remember: observe people, know when some is pulling your leg, keep you as number one focus and watch out for the destructive chickies
Frat

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
have fun, but don't be stupid about it. work is work and play is play. don't even think about getting married until you're at least 30. read the marriage thread for some insight.

you are way too young to know what you want to do in life, so don't set your sights on any one specific thing. i know english majors who are in investment banking, and phyisicists who do only charity work. it runs the gamut.

i "knew" what i wanted to do at your age. guess what? i'm doing something totally different.

the one thing that reigns true, is universal no matter what you do, including chicks, is communication and interpersonal skills. you'll go nowhere without them.

to that end, meet as many quality people as you can in your last year of college. filter through the ones that you want to keep in touch with many, many, moons into the future. remember, this takes work, so go for quality over quantity.