Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

overly-successful women (ugh)

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this a big turnoff?

I met this woman tonight and she talked about all of this incredible stuff she's done. She also bumped into several guys where we went who knew her who were part of the presentation and greeted them in their language, which just seemed like showing off. And overall, she just seemed to be in charge and . . . it was just a turn-off. She seemed *too* competent. I got the feeling she could run a Fortune 500 company or a freakin' country if she felt like it. Actually, it felt like she was trying to be the man. She was good enough looking but . . . I think it would be like dating Hillary Clinton. This completely fuks up my game, I freaking hate it. Too bad these kind of women are all over DC and seem to think they are right for me.

So I didn't tell her I would call her or anything, just politely said goodnight, but now I *know* what's going to happen, I'm going to run into her again and she's going to try to pursue me and I am going to need to smack her with a goddam stick to get it through her bullheaded brain that men do not want to be pursed by female men in dresses. Ugh.

Our connection was the ethnic thing but that just reminds me why I always avoid these women. They are such fukking MEN. These women are a plague. I really fukking HATE that I seem to attract them, they must think I'm weak somehow and they can get me drunk and overpower me or something.

But the useful take away here is that if you don't approach some other women straight off these typs will get the idea that you are fair game for them. Esp. this particular ethnicity which I'm not gonna name. They were probably tom boys when young and then Daddy's girl and now are just a little more smooth but still think their job is to go get what they want like a man would. This is suppsoedly how Bill and HIllary met, in fact. He *didn't* approach her, so she walked over and picked him up in the library.

Fukk, I feel so weak, this ruins my night. I think I need a shrink.

jordanz

Banned
Reaction score
I had a similiar situation. I met hot indian exec type last year. I went out with her the following week. Honestly I never met somelike this before (Six+ figure salary, awesome aparntment and luxury car) and at first I was a bit intimidated. Then at once point during the datet, I just thought "f ' it" and stopped trying to compete with her on that level. After that everything was smooth. Remember these women build these tough exteriors to SUCEED in the corporate world, but underneath they are still WOMEN. It's your job as a MAN to remind her of that. The tricky part is to do in in away way that is CONFIDENT yet non confrontational. In other words, you can listen to all the YADA YADA re: her acccomplishments and when she done, you remind her that you are not Wowed. Women WANT you to do this. Afterwords if they are truly interested they will revert back to their role of a women. It's another shi-t test if you ask me. Just my two cents.

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the person.

I always found it better to date somebody with ambitions, goals, and desires rather then dating somebody that always says "I"M GONNA GET DRUNK THIS WEEKEND." or "I DONT" KNOW" attitudes.

I always liked people, friends and lovers, who actually liked to live life rather then watch it on tv.

While it's more trying and definitely a lot harder to find time to date a women with tons of ambition and goals, in the long run, in my opinion, you'll be better off then dating some women who plans to work at the Mall her entire life.

If your just looking for a one night stand, then by all means, date anybody you want.

But if you plan to date a women for more then one night, it's always better to have a conversation with somebody who actually knows who the president is.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya Id be like "lets get married, you work ill sit at home and wait for sex"

Reaction score
As long as the woman knows that you are the boss at home and when you are together then she could be as succesful as she wants to be. If she knows that she has to cook and wash the dishes at home after she signed the billion dolar contract at work, she'll be ok with me.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PuertoRican_Lover
As long as the woman knows that you are the boss at home and when you are together then she could be as succesful as she wants to be. If she knows that she has to cook and wash the dishes at home after she signed the billion dolar contract at work, she'll be ok with me.
:D If your wife is signing billion dollar contracts, I'm pretty sure she'll be able to hire a maid to do the cooking and cleaning while she lavishes attention on you. :D

playasupreme

Banned
Reaction score
Don't let successful women intimidate you they are fun to be around and fun in bed. You don't have to be "da man" all the time, mellow out.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mellow Out

Yeah, that's good advice. I am a natural born killer, though . . . too high strung

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..

Man,

I always find that successful women, if you don't give into their every whim then they're more likely to actually be more attracted to you. But the benefit is that you can have a friend with benefits who isn't afraid to break you off some azz because she's got a lot more going for her than a face. Or lack there of. Who knows, you might want to keep her around in the bullpin when your starters aren't acting right. Should always keep a spare.

40quid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I love successful women. Some of the sexiest women I've know are the ones who are good at what they do, yet still remember that they are women.

I remember this female Italian law student that I met when I was traveling. Not only was she extremely intelligent, fun, and had a great sense of humor, she was just . . . feminine. The combination of those traits was a big turn-on for me.

I demand a lot from the women that I date. However, in turn, have a lot to offer as well. As long as I hold myself to the high standards that I demand of the women that I date, things will be fine.