"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Out of the loop, i need help

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
371
Reaction score
1
I've been out of the loop for a long time. I've had a girlfriend for about a year and haven't been doing any DJ stuff for a long time. I haven't been hitting on or really even flirting with any girls at all for nearly a year. So now my ex-g/f and I are no more and I have wanted to talk to this girl in my chemistry class all semester. She looked me dead in my face twice and each time I looked looked away like an idiot. I know this girl was/is at least physically attracted to me, and I want to get to know her.
It really has been an entire semester that I've seen this girl and she has seen me.
Honestly, my courage is lacking, regardless of reason.
Heres the way it always goes down...
I could talk to her any time during class but I do like to pay attention to the professor so that I don't fail. She always sits with the same friend in the same place every single class and I sit somewhere across the aisle relatively near. Like I've said we've exchanged glances and I in fact looked away when she practically stared me in the face.
About 3 weeks ago I make the decision to talk to her but she leaves out the bottom door of the lecture hall while I'm standing at the top door. Sh!t. But, her friend (who is quite good looking too) is coming up the aisle and I think, "Well I'll stick my foot in the door and talk to her friend". We exchange glances and I catch her eye, give a little head nod and say, "Hey, whats up?" in the most cool and calm way I can. She looks as if I have asked her to sacrifice a lamb, says "Yeah" and walks on.
:) lol, It was so odd that I started laughing. I know she heard me and that probably wasn't the best thing I could have done :) lol.
But any how, heres where the story goes bad. On the way back to my dorm theres a place I stop to eat breakfast every morning. Well the very next class both of them walk down there, and that is a very rare occurence. They sit one table away from me and I try to get courage to go up and talk to the girl I like, but it never comes. I have no idea why, it just never comes. Thinking back I'm certain they were giving me the chance to talk to them. I wanna stab myself.
Ok, so heres where I need the help. I have one more chance to talk to them...
The final is on May 4th. Should I just simply go up and talk to the girl?




I just reread my post and I seem like such a douche bag. Yes I will talk to this girl.
Can anyone give me some advice how? I just wanna talk and possibly go on a date. The reason I feel I need a little help is cause we played a little cat and mouse game all semester long, so should I watch out for any defenses she might have up?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2000
Messages
1,392
Reaction score
17
Location
LosAngeles, Ca. USA!
My advice is, PRACTICE on every attractive chick you see. You will strike-out alot, but once in a while, you'll score! Eventually your game will get better. Same thing with this chick you like. Practice on her, but know that if you strike-out with her, there are MANY more fish out there to practice-on! When you take-on this kind of attitude, then it's no biggie if you strike-out, cause there's always more fish to practice-on.
 

matius

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
933
Reaction score
0
When you take-on this kind of attitude, then it's no biggie if you strike-out, cause there's always more fish to practice-on.
Could not agree more.

The one thing that everybody needs to take into mind is that this isn't brain surgery. I had always looked at meeting girls as though it was...just trying too hard.

Really, when it comes right down to it...if you really want to hang out with this chick, go up and talk to her. Find out what she is about and if she ain't cool: walk away. If she seems sort of interested, well hell, just give it a shot and ask her out.

I know it's not that easy, but just read what maranathaman said again.
 

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
371
Reaction score
1
I did it, I talked to the girl.
I mistakenly took her as sort of snobby, when she was actually extremely shy. She barely talked to me. I didn't get the number and I'm kicking myself over that, but I may have a chance for it tomorrow. Regardless I'm still happy about talking to her.
But if I don't talk to her, would it be alright to ask her friend for some contact info? She either left for home today or is going to tomorrow. If I don't see her I might run into her friend, would that be weird to ask at all?
 

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
read next post.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Perth, Australia
Originally posted by Ridingthelightning
"We exchange glances and I catch her eye, give a little head nod and say, "Hey, whats up?" in the most cool and calm way I can. She looks as if I have asked her to sacrifice a lamb, says "Yeah" and walks on."
haha, sucker. that's what you get. stupid girls. i only usually talk to a girl if it seems right, like if she needs help or starts it first. i'll only start a conversation with a girl that's nearby, i won't make effort to get up off my seat at a classroom, just cause i saw her leaving, hurry near her and make my moves, haha, i just don't dig that no more. i hate making them feel like a princess.

her thinking: "ooo, look at me, he is chasing me and trying to ask me out, i'm so hot. look at him, har har."

i remember a girl was introducing herself to me and had her hand out so i could shake it. i just left my hands in my pocket, looked at her hand and said: "whatever."

she called me a rude fuker and said she had a boyfriend anyway. haha. yeah, sure.

i know i may sound silly, but when you do it to them, it feels really good. try it sometime!
 

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2002
Messages
371
Reaction score
1
i guess i failed to mention that i was standing with a group of friends talking like i normally do. I wasn't going to go out of my normal routine for any girl thank you very much.
 
Top