Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Our Parents!

ngtbama

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, i can get plans for stuff but my parents wont let me do anything!

We've all been here b4!

Does anyone have tips on how they dealt with their strict parents.

i think im making this thread dedicated on tips on how to get your parents to let you do what you want.

mainly-- a later curfew!

im 16 and have a curfew of 11:00pm!!

ngtbama

Don Juan
Reaction score
the only thing that i found working is guilt but only sometimes

Green Curse

Don Juan
Reaction score
i really cant say cos i can pretty much do whatever i want but my friend has very strict parents and what he did was instead of asking em stuff he'd tell em stuff eg. "mom can i go to a party this saturday" becomes "mom i AM going to a party this saturday"

daniel

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about your friends? Are they allowed to go?
Reminds me of that old "would you too jump of a bridge if all your friends jumped?"... :) Anybody has some comeback for that one? I was thinking "Probably, life would be so lonely without friends", but haven't had a chance to try that out for a while... Well, lucky me! They are starting to realize that I'm old enough :D

Green Curse

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Reminds me of that old "would you too jump of a bridge if all your friends jumped?"

if you are reffering to my post that seems pretty damn stupid (if not sorry) i mean i cant give this guy advice based on my own expreiances because im allowed to do what i want but i did give him advice on my friends experiance that DID work for him.
if my friend jumped of a bridge i wouldnt recomend it cos i know no good would come of it...

daniel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Green Curse, No.. I was refering to ngtbamas original question:
ok, i can get plans for stuff but my parents wont let me do anything!

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should gain their thrust and respect.
Ooh, this sound stupid, yes?

But you just have to show them that you are mature enough to take more care of yourself than before and you must to be someone they can thrust!
I mean by this when you finally get your permission to do something they have never allowed you to do, do it as you promised without slipping any way ie. if you have promised to come home 12.00 pm. then be sure to come home then. This is how they build more thrust on you and you may even do it again.

This progress when they realise that you are not a child anymore can take long but it's good to proceed with some little things first.
Helping at home, doing your homework at time, giving the earned respect to your parents...
It's usually about thrust and both way respect here.

Okay, sometimes parents can be really blind.
Then it's time to stand up a little for them.
(I don't mean normal teenage rebellion here.)
Try to act mature and talk to them seriously and try to give them the idea about your point of view...

This isn't a unknown issue to me either.
My mother has always been overly worrying about me. (since her personality and the fact I'm her only child)
And this thing pissed me really off.
But I slowly gained her thrust and made clear that I don't do anything stupid and showed her that I'm mature enough to control myself.
Nowadays I'm 17 and I live alone in my apartmet in another city than they live.