"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

OT- lets see the pimp mobiles

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by face2003
429*

Sorry, had to do it...
Oh you sob i'll kill you.

Yes sorry it is a 429 :D

Just made vincent look stupid.

Ford did make a big block 427, made famous by the Shelby cobra, more notably the 68.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

face2003

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
ubiquitous
Very true. But, the 427 chevy engine is a much more "popular" engine then the ford 427 from what I've seen.
 

face2003

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2003
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
ubiquitous
Originally posted by ShizamDaMan
...

Just goes to show you can make anything fast with enough $$$$. If I were loaded I'd have my car running a turbo LS1 and putting down 600HP at the wheels with a 100 shot of nitrous just for bragging rights :)
If I were loaded, I would buy myself one of these bad boys: http://www.fast-autos.net/hennessey/hennessey1000tt.html

1092 ponies
9 sec quater mile stock :D
0-60 2.0 seconds or lower

Heaven pretty much, check it out.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by face2003
Very true. But, the 454 chevy engine is a much more "popular" engine then the ford 427 from what I've seen.
Fixed
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by CrazyAsianBiker
SHUT THE **** UP
DAMN
JUST POST YOUR CAR PICTURES.
wheres your car then?
 

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
1,113
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by face2003
If I were loaded, I would buy myself one of these bad boys: http://www.fast-autos.net/hennessey/hennessey1000tt.html

1092 ponies
9 sec quater mile stock :D
0-60 2.0 seconds or lower

Heaven pretty much, check it out.
The turbo LS1 would be my daily driver, I'd have a 69' Camaro Super Sport running on alcohol and running 6's on the 1/4th for my weekend warrior :)
 

LordBrian

Don Juan
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Virginia
Originally posted by Vincent


Theres no replacement for displacement.
then howcome a tiny 1.8L lotus engine can outrun a 6.0L corvette? Engine size means nothing. Efficency, compression, and weight matter.

Size only improves the low end and nothing more. Thats why torque is produced much easier in larger engines at lower rpms.

With that in mind, I drive a 3.0L Chysler LeBaron GTC. However, I would be much happier with a prelude vtec engine... 200 hp, 200 torque.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Dude you live in wisconsin too......that's awesome. Where in WI?

ANyways, I drive a 1997 dodge neon. 4 door, forest green.......you can picture it. Decent car.
 

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by LordBrian
then howcome a tiny 1.8L lotus engine can outrun a 6.0L corvette?
BECAUSE THE CAR IS SMALLER. Try stuffing a 6.0 into a small Lotus somehow (maybe the same way Shelby shoved a giant engine into a car the size of a Miata) and you will have a WAY FASTER car.
 

Poppin' Tags

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Springfield, IL
Originally posted by MetalFortress
The Saleen S7 is also mid-engine, but not very well known. The upcoming Chrysler ME Four-Twelve (850 HP, 850 torque) will also be mid-engine.
Well ill be damned...

ya ive read about the four-twelve i cant wait
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by LordBrian
then howcome a tiny 1.8L lotus engine can outrun a 6.0L corvette? Engine size means nothing. Efficency, compression, and weight matter.

Size only improves the low end and nothing more. Thats why torque is produced much easier in larger engines at lower rpms..
Uhm. No

I'd too lazy to look up the stats now, but i believe the corvette runs a 4.0 - 4.3 whereas the lotus runs around a 4.4 0-60

The lotus elise is a hell of a car, don't get me wrong.

But the Corvette engine is a masterpeice. The engine at 6.0 liters puts out an astonishing 400 hp, the compression ratio, even though not big block worthy, still respectable, and the all fiberglass body makes it incredibly light, 3200 lbs is light.


Plus you'll never ever ever get the horsepower from the toyota engine in the elise that you could get from a corvette. The overall displacement is in the end, the killer.

Of course companies engines can vary by horsepower according to the size, but if you were to modify an engine. Theres no replacement for displacement.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Poppin' Tags
Only American mid-engine sports car ever made.
Only is such a bold word.

There was actually a mid engine car produced in the 50's-60 era, i forget the name but it was a chevy production. I was watching a show on it.

There are other mid engine american built cars, just uncommon. The traditional front engine is a much more accepted cars by the people.
 

DiSt0rTi0n_07

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
ME412 Pics & Specs

I've been interested in this car for the past year and it is awesome! I'll likely never own one but thats ok. I plan to enhance a 1978 Pontiac Trans-Am and a Chevelle of sorts.
60's and 70's cars kick @$$.

But yeah, right now I drive a little 2.3L 1991 Mustang LX Hatchback... It does what I need it to until I get to building my TA and Chevelle :D


Oh and if theres a webpage that shows you a geo that can outrun a Ferrari Enzo i'd like to see it. Seriously, Geos lack room and I wanna see what this so called thing looks like. I am really doubting its existance atm.
 
Top