Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Online dating

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It can’t be just me. Online dating seems to be just absolutely dead at this point and a colossal waste of time for men. For the record I am 52 and I’ve been single for about 12 years. I used to get tons of dates and get laid no problem with online dating.

Now it just seems like the women are looking for some attention and absolutely resist even a first date. And this is women who are responding to me and talking to me so you would think they’re interested in actually meeting, but no way Jose.

Anyone else ?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, just one today, messaged back n' forth Loooooong messages about her life/my life, and, wait for it...She hasn't even VIEWED my profile. All that makes me think is that I'm just a stud or shall I say stump of cut-down-tree ashhhhhh to her, only there for as a potential RESOURCE for her to USE. She doesn't care what I look like, what I care about, what I Do, who I am? just what I can GIVE her, seems very apparent. Cause this "hard-to-get" mumbo for a post-wall female stuff is for the birds, man. WHERE do these women get their resources from? oh that's right, thirsty dudes everywhere. They can be as callous and non-caring as the want, and not serious about dating unless you WOW them with something, but you'd Better KEEP wowing them or you dropped, son.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. And I can Wow them if we get face to face.
Maybe I’ll start going for the larger women. They try harder.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single 12 years!!! Got to be a troll. I m a 53 YO Joe average and I ve never managed to be single for 12 months. Not even the year I tried to be single.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Single 12 years!!! Got to be a troll. I m a 53 YO Joe average and I ve never managed to be single for 12 months. Not even the year I tried to be single.
Well i was engaged and in relationship for 3 years

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP I agree that dating apps are a waste of time. The caliber of women on them is subpar. Think about it, will a a truly hot and interesting woman be on dating apps? No! She'll be out doing fun stuff with her life and improving herself. The women ive met on dating apps either have nothing going on or catfish. I deleted all the apps a long time ago. It's a lot easier to just work approaches at a bar or event that I'm actually interested in. you're too salty though. Being salty will get you no where. Delete the apps, learn to love yourself and move on to the next if she doesn't show interest. You can't let anything get under your skin. If **** is getting under your skin then you're insecure about something. Fix that and go get yourself a bad girl.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I agree with All. Case in point. I’m talking to a woman right now through online dating and she has taken 12 hours to respond to a text and now 24 hours to respond to a text. I’m already over it and I haven’t even met her. I don’t know who told women to play this hard to get Game but I’m so over it.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've a lot had less luck with OLD these days in the US. It's seriously ****ing with women's heads, all the want is the dopamine hit that comes with validation. I don't even bother swiping with it anymore because half the profiles are land whales and half the remainder are likely scam accounts or instagram thots looking for betas to give them money for being passably attractive.

Some apps like Zoosk are borderline scams.

If you go overseas it's a different matter though. If you leave your regular english profile in place, especially in latin america, it's like fishing with dynamite. The quality of women is higher there too.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. So here goes. You guys tell me the next move. I’m def waiting till tomorrow to respond.
If you gotta ask then you're not in the right mindset dude. Down play your accomplishments, let your actions speak for themselves. There's a million ways to play it, play to your strengths.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It's hit or miss. However, if you need to build up your rotation or confidence, a lady 10 - 15 LBS heavier than a fit lady is okay. However, if you keep her/them, you need to get them to want to get in shape. Or, just use them as a jumping off point. Generally speaking, if you are always trying to improve yourself, they will see value and want to improve themselves. Because, any of them with half a brain would know they'd be replaced if they are not holding their own.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First don’t text her on a Sunday at noon. Most people are out, especially in the Summer. It makes you look like you have nothing going on. I would have texted her at night. Conversation also sounds boring. Try to grab something from her profile and ask her about it. Always be fun in your messages. I would just ignore her, maybe she will text again and if she does, set up a date, she made sure she said “2 guy friends”, sounds like she has issues.

John9999

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. Just kept it simple and direct. Asked for date for Saturday night. She immediately said yes.
Will keep any communication to a minimum until date

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you are a Joe average then. So what's your story? You have a broke South East Asian girlfriend?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right so above average guy...by your call can only get a gold/visa digger. And evidently a 53 year old guy can't spot those coming?

Instead of being reactive and turning everything into an argument why don't you have a quick skim of the members back posts and see who they are.

I learnt an awful lot in my first year here by taking notes on some of the senior members back posts and making a bit of an action plan tuned to my strengths and weaknesses. It's always raining soup here if you're willing to put the bowl out. Ltr game Motu and backbreaker got yr 6, dominance game and frame g1000 and to a lesser extent poonking are in the hood, frugality, share trading and the wackier side of dating life Bible belt is your guy. Apologies to all the other great posters no time to mention.

And the only price of admission is an open mind and a humble heart.

Jager

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, man, I’d just ditch the online stuff altogether. To answer your questions, though, I’d avoid trying to impress her with anything at all. It’s other way around, she needs to work to impress you. Now that have the date, don’t contact her at all. Just let her show up and go from there. Set a time, set a place (all your decision) and wait. If she disagrees she can take a hike. Her challenge is a test. A simple “Nah, nevermind” would do the trick.

It seems the opposite direction to go, I know, but she needs to work for all the attention she gets. If she doesn’t earn it, she doesn’t get it. If she’s late to the date, leave early. If you want an LTR, never give up your power, leadership, or any part of yourself, and take no ****. If you just want to pump and dump, turning her on with your masculinity is the only thing you need to manage.

Hope I helped.