Old Boss Taking Suspicious interest in me...

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright so i quit this job not too long ago and the guy that manages the place has taken to calling me up and "touching base" about whats going on in my life. I quit because i told him id have no time since im going to be in school.

Now he's trying to introduce me to some guy he knows to talk about "business" or something, discuss some things...i dunno.

Hes a nice dude and we were always busting on eachother when i worked there , just bs'ing as you would with anyone.

I dunno but it feels like dude is trying to "take me under his wing" so to speak. I feel uncomfortable because its so wierd, i mean i have no idea why the he's trying to introduce me to this business guy, maybe im being paranoid but im distrustful of people, especially ones being extra nice to me.

well he actually called me to inform me i have a check to pick up, then he used that oppurtinity for this weekend to pick it up and just chat.

Any thoughts?

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That reminds me that once i was in boarders and this old dude just starts talking to me. He asked me a shyt load of questions and it was kinda weird. Then he told me that he had his own business (an internet business or something) which kidna freaked me out. Anyway, he asked if i wanted to exchange numbers which was a tad bit awkward. So yea, crazy old men are no bueno.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he's probably part of an "illegal" MLM business that he's trying to get you into.

(well probably not illegal, speaking technically, but i know that if you get into it, it will literally take over your life.)

happened to me about two times already.

they were both from Quixtar.

:down:

~ j

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ehhh...

My dad is always befriending his employees - even after they leave. He's just very outgoing and his friends span all ages. Partly, he wants to help others be successful. He's always helping out people. Two recent events: wrote a reference for law school for one kid, got another a summer internship with his local congressman.

My advice to you is accept your former boss' friendship. If later he does something inappropriate, bail at that time. Otherwise, you are limiting yourself and your world if you let paranoia rule your life.

King of You

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snatchmaster
Ehhh...

My dad is always befriending his employees - even after they leave. He's just very outgoing and his friends span all ages. Partly, he wants to help others be successful. He's always helping out people. Two recent events: wrote a reference for law school for one kid, got another a summer internship with his local congressman.

My advice to you is accept your former boss' friendship. If later he does something inappropriate, bail at that time. Otherwise, you are limiting yourself and your world if you let paranoia rule your life.
thanks for the info. im just not used to people extending interest/kindness like this towards me so its somehting new. I guess ill just stay cautious but feel it out for what it is.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do you think he is gay?

What was he like as a boss? how CLOSE were you when you two interacted?

I've had three bosses who took my AFCness as a show of subordinate gay male(is an AFC gay subordinate like tier 3 LJBF to girls?!?!).

They were *******s to the rest of the crews I worked with, but with me they had an URGE to TAKE ME under their wing(hehe since I've come to this site I've realized I'm a natural NLP in the making) and teach me about their biz since I listened so well...

They've made moves on me before and when I was super subbin I could only avoid them, I got sick of it and started to push them back, they took my new actions as advances and knew they couldn;t touch me anymore but they still had their words which I did not deny(ever).

Over the years all 3 bosses have written me off as straight(which I am, this is the only post I will comment with gay innuendo in) and we have become friends.

Your boss may be gay, or is seeking stimulation from being around you, he might sense a connection between you two but can't explain it.