Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Number Close Dammmit!!! (A Story)

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
After re-entering the market a few months ago, I thought (mistakenly) that I was doing great. I felt awesome, and was flirting with oh so many girls... but failed to number close time after time, and things stagnated with most of the girls I was attracted to that I saw regularly in school. I had fallen into the newly defined "Flirt Zone" (Thanks Fragmentor for labeling this!). I started feeling down due to my lack of luck. I had myself convinced that I was doing everything well, but still... nothing. I always fvckn' let the moment pass when I should have went for the close. And after a while it started seeming like every good looking one was taken. I kept my head up, but it was feeling heavier.

Then, a few days ago, I approached some girl who looked good in the library. I was well recieved and the convo went very well. Very hight IL I thought. Things were cut short though when the bell rang, indicating it was time to get to class, snuck up on me - and AGAIN, I did not # close. "FVCK!" I thought. I was really pissed and realized my mistake of failing to act only moments afterward.

This type of thing had happened to me a whole bunch of times recently, and I always hoped that I'd get to see the girl one more time, and that given the opportunity I'd be able to make the necessary move -- but alas, it never came, and the missed opportunities had been piling up. I feared that this most recent one in the library would become a casualty like the other attempts.

But yesterday, I saw this girl in the library again in exacly same place, and only two days after seeing her the first time. She was studying for some exam she had later in the day, but she seemed quite inclined to put asside her studying to talk with me when I took a seat. I KNEW that if I didn't get this chick's number that I'd have to break my nose against a wall later on at home. I was conscously aware of how much time I had untill I needed to get to class, and kept an eye on the clock, to make sure that I wouldn't let my opportunity slip.

So things were going smoothly, and she seemed super happy to see me. She started asking me all sorts of questions about myself and the things I do, but I didn't embellish at all, and turned the focus of the conversation back to her at every opportunity I had. After speaking for about five minutes, I noted to myself that I had about another five max. untill I ought to make my move and bail. I was playing things totally textbook - but smooth - and wasn't stressed at all.

At just that moment, some friend of the girl's came over and pretty much DEMANDED that the girl I was speaking with come and study with her. B!tch! For a seccond I thought a wrench had been thrown in the machine, but my brain recouped - "God-Dammmit! You're still doing this!" it said. The girl I had been talking with didn't exactly jump up from the table to go, she took her sweet time, and even waited until her friend had dissappeared again away from us. She seemed tentative about leaving me. It was about TEN times more time than I needed, and finally, for FVCKS sake, I got her number. I know it's not much, but let me tell you, it felt so good to get that number, and I felt so lucky to get that seccond crack that I hadn't been getting. I know that if in the future I'm in this same situationm that I'll get the close on the first approach -- because too often there isn't a seccond.

So as this chick wrote her number down, which she did so enthusiastically, replying "Deffinately!" to my commanding her to do so, she asked me if I knew what her name was. Oh $hit... I knew that she had told me the other day, but I have the worlds worst memory for names, you wouldn't believe. I told her somewhat slyly, not sure exactly how to reply, "I'll figure it out..." after all, since I had her number, I could work backwards and find her name out from her number. I didn't want to say "NO" outright. She then took the number back from me... and wrote her name on it. "You don't need to bother." she said. She didn't seem upset at all, infact she was still smiling.

Again, I can't express how good I feel to have simply gone for it. It's true what they say about how you'll feel better having tried and failed, than not having tried at all... and sometimes you WON'T fail!!!

It's as simple as: "How about you give me your number."

- Maurizio

CrzyBadBoyDJ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Way to go, yo! I remember how nervous I would be to number close but it will go away with time and practice. Dude, just remember that you feel like total dog **** if you don't ask a HB for her number and you feel so good after you get her number. Distinguish between the two distance feelings, and remember how ****ty you'll feel if you don't ask. And remember the ****in' rush you get when you DO ask!

Makes a man ready for anything! Good day!

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh man i feel your pain. i suck so much at remembering girl's names i dont even know why. classic example:

im at a party talking to a HB, asking what shcool she goes to. she tells me her name before that and says she is gonna be a nurse.
i say "oh cool , so when i get hurt i can always come to a hospital and ask for Nicole"... she loooked at me for a sec, and said , my name is "N....." ****, i still dont remember what it was, but i was wayy yyyy off. :)

fragmentor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice one. Well done on getting that number and realising that you needed to get it before it was too late. It's a rush ain't it :)

BTW once you get really comfortable closing you can start # closing with all of her friends nearby! It can also help too when you get the # and hear the gals friends whispering "who was that cute guy?" while you stroll away. :cool: