Negative hits seem to work better on 9's than 6's

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
edger said:
All this talk about HB 8.5-10's generally having low self-esteem has to be the one of the most far off from the truth discussions I've seen on here yet. MOST hot women don't have self-esteem issues. If you go about your day getting eyed by men, hit on, and complimented by men, all around the clock, there's no way you can possibly have self-esteem issues, because these instances only serve as positive reinforcement that they are desirable. Yea, there are some exceptions where a hot woman will have low self-esteem, but those cases are RARE, from what I've witnessed in all my 27 years of existence. And if you do happen to come across a woman who is hot with low self-esteem(which is absolutely rare) about her looks, then I'd argue something isn't right with her somewhere.
You're correct in that they do not have self esteem isues regarding their looks, it's their personality/intelligence that they are insecure about.

thirtyplus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The idea of a dual rating is first the physical (i.e. the HB scale), and the second for self-esteem, 1-10. Most super attractive women would register at about 8.5+ physical and around 3 to 5 on esteem. Thus the classic 'bimbo' might be a 9/3, where as the sterotypical 'professional' woman may be a 6/8. It's extreme imbalances that a guy needs to watch for. For instance the 9.5/2 might be psychotic or have BPD, but her physical presence and sexuality will get you trapped up in her life issues - a lot of strippers fit this bill. Neg hits on a girl like this are only putting gasoline on a fire and will get you locked into a lifetime of drama and insanity.
I think this is a really important idea; another dimension that we might rate women on is "intelligence". Some guys (david shade for example) have commented that there seems to be a link between higher intelligence and willingness to be adventurous and exploratory (fantasies etc) in bed. My experience bears this out, but I suppose we could both be full of crap.

Anyway, I'm glad Leykis is out there saying these things...it's useful for the PUA or DJ to understand the many dimensions of women. Even just getting a grip on those two (looks and SE) puts us miles ahead of most guys, who are still in the whole "Women are the eternal mystery!" mindset.

I actually put together an article measuring two dimensions...self-esteem and sex drive.

http://realitymethod.wordpress.com/2007/01/23/on-the-variety-of-the-female-sex/
There's a picture in there that acts up sometimes, let me know if it doesn't show up.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thirtyplus said:
Even just getting a grip on those two (looks and SE) puts us miles ahead of most guys, who are still in the whole "Women are the eternal mystery!" mindset.
Well said.

nonchalant

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't neg at the moment. I fvck it up all the time when I try to neg, so I just leave it out for now til I get better.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nonchalant said:
I don't neg at the moment. I fvck it up all the time when I try to neg, so I just leave it out for now til I get better.
Smart man. Besides it seems as if only a fraction of the women who deserve a neg-hit are worth sarging anyway.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only read the first post.

What the hell!?

This shouldn't even be up for discussion. Anyone with a braincell should be able to understand that neg-hits won't work on ugly chicks. Neg-hits on an ugly chick = insult. C'mon I really doubt that ugly chicks are up on a pedestal, compared to their hotter counterparts.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha-ha. Well as far as her laughing long and hard over that joke of yours, which wasn't that funny to me really (good neg-line though), proves her state of mind, since a rule of comedy is that juxtaposing two concepts that are total opposites can seem very funny. She obviously thought that your line/sentiment was completely different to what she expects due to her confident self-image.

I've found that saying weird or obtuse things can get women laughing unexpectedly. You never know. Things like the SETI earring neg are solid all-rounders. If it makes me laugh, then it should work on a girl.